View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas 
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas
Good Day Gentlemen,

My name is Ehab Farah, I am new here, season 6 is my first Online League and I am thoroughly enjoying it, had two winners so far and hoping for more in the last two weeks. . Great game, brilliant league and most importantly, the most friendly game community I've ever encountered, thanks a lot for all that.

I read most of the ideas and suggestions for SO7 and they cover most of what I wanted to suggest but I have a couple of ideas that could be silly, specially the second one considering the technical difficulty of applying it, but I'd like to share them anyway.

To be able to enter fillies to the 2000 Guineas and the Derby

Being able to create races/leagues online through the game directly, where one could invite friends to enter their horses and ride against each other in jockey mode in real time each on their computer like Fifa or Warcraft. I know it's a lot to ask but that would be really awesome I think

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:36 pm
Group 1 winner

I beg you -- fix the disqualification dynamic. When a horse gets DQ'd they should be placed behind the horse they interfered with. They should not automatically be placed last. Can't this be easily implemented?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:33 pm
Selling plater

I'd love to be able to automatically enter a horse in certain races, depending on how I'm planning on campaigning said horse. A few examples:

3yo Colt Mile Campaign:
    2000 Guineas
    Irish 2000 Guineas
    St. James Palace Stakes
    Sussex Stakes
    Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

3yo Filly Mile Campaign:
    1000 Guineas
    Irish 1000 Guineas
    Coronation Stakes
    Falmouth Stakes
    Matron Stakes
    Sun Chariot Stakes

6f G1 Sprint Campaign:
    Diamond Jubilee Stakes
    July Cup
    Prix Maurice De Gheest
    Sprint Cup
    Sprint Stakes

The Classic Campaign:
    1000 Guineas
    Irish 1000 Guineas
    Derby
    Irish Derby
    King George
    St. Leger
    Arc

Older 12 Furlong Campaign:
    Dubai Sheema Classic
    Coronation Cup
    King George
    Arc
    BC Turf
    Japan Cup
    Hong Kong Vase

Stayers' Campaign:
    Dubai Gold Cup
    Gold Cup
    Goodwood Cup
    Lonsdale Cup
    Doncaster Cup
    Long Distance Cup

The Derby Campaign:
    Derby Trial
    Derby
    Irish Derby
    King George

The Oaks Campaign:
    Oaks Trial
    Oaks
    Irish Oaks
    Yorkshire Oaks

I ask for this because, at the moment, I know that if I've got a top class 3yo mile colt, I know I'm going to run him in the aforementioned races. If i've got a Derby horse, he's going to run in the aforementioned races. Same with the sprinter, stayers, middle-distance horses. When playing career mode, the way you campaign your horses is generally pretty static, and having to continually manually select each of these races does get repetitive. This wouldn't be set in stone, and you could enter additional races or remove races as we do now, but if I could select pre-planned racing fixtures for certain horses it would save me sooo much time at the start of the season just to be able to select, "Highland Reel - Older 12 Furlong Campain", "Wings of Eagles - The Derby Campaign" and know that they're entered in the obvious races for their profile.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 am
Group 1 winner

Degaussed wrote:
I'd love to be able to automatically enter a horse in certain races, depending on how I'm planning on campaigning said horse. A few examples:

3yo Colt Mile Campaign:
    2000 Guineas
    Irish 2000 Guineas
    St. James Palace Stakes
    Sussex Stakes

3yo Filly Mile Campaign:
    1000 Guineas
    Irish 1000 Guineas
    Coronation Stakes
    Falmouth Stakes
    Matron Stakes
    Sun Chariot Stakes

6f G1 Sprint Campaign:
    Diamond Jubilee Stakes
    July Cup
    Prix Maurice De Gheest
    Sprint Cup
    Sprint Stakes

The Classic Campaign:
    1000 Guineas
    Irish 1000 Guineas
    Derby
    Irish Derby
    King George
    St. Leger
    Arc

Dubai Sheema Classic
    Coronation Cup
    King George
    Arc
    BC Turf
    Japan Cup
    Hong Kong Vase

Stayers' Campaign:
    Dubai Gold Cup
    Gold Cup
    Goodwood Cup
    Lonsdale Cup
    Doncaster Cup
    Long Distance Cup

The Derby Campaign:
    Derby Trial
    Derby
    Irish Derby
    King George

The Oaks Campaign:
    Oaks Trial
    Oaks
    Irish Oaks
    Yorkshire Oaks

I ask for this because, at the moment, I know that if I've got a top class 3yo mile colt, I know I'm going to run him in the aforementioned races. If i've got a Derby horse, he's going to run in the aforementioned races. Same with the sprinter, stayers, middle-distance horses. When playing career mode, the way you campaign your horses is generally pretty static, and having to continually manually select each of these races does get repetitive. This wouldn't be set in stone, and you could enter additional races or remove races as we do now, but if I could select pre-planned racing fixtures for certain horses it would save me sooo much time at the start of the season just to be able to select, "Highland Reel - Older 12 Furlong Campain", "Wings of Eagles - The Derby Campaign" and know that they're entered in the obvious races for their profile.

This is already available they are called Prep races if you enter a horse in the Craven on the day of the race click on the race history tab it will show previous winner under that it will Race target Progression rhis will show future races which have been prepped for your horses future races I got the Coventry Stakes on my screen at the moment and the future races are

July 6th July Stakes - Newmarket
July 28th Audi Richmond Stakes - Goodwood
August 20th gimcrack Stakes - York

You just Click on a race and on the Right hand side you will see all horses that qualifier for these future races you just click on the horse and a message will appear saying your staff will attempt to make an entry when race is open.

Gray

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

simpleminds wrote:
Degaussed wrote:

3yo Colt Mile Campaign:
    2000 Guineas
    Irish 2000 Guineas
    St. James Palace Stakes
    Sussex Stakes

3yo Filly Mile Campaign:
    1000 Guineas
    Irish 1000 Guineas
    Coronation Stakes
    Falmouth Stakes
    Matron Stakes
    Sun Chariot Stakes

6f G1 Sprint Campaign:
    Diamond Jubilee Stakes
    July Cup
    Prix Maurice De Gheest
    Sprint Cup
    Sprint Stakes

The Classic Campaign:
    1000 Guineas
    Irish 1000 Guineas
    Derby
    Irish Derby
    King George
    St. Leger
    Arc

Dubai Sheema Classic
    Coronation Cup
    King George
    Arc
    BC Turf
    Japan Cup
    Hong Kong Vase

Stayers' Campaign:
    Dubai Gold Cup
    Gold Cup
    Goodwood Cup
    Lonsdale Cup
    Doncaster Cup
    Long Distance Cup

The Derby Campaign:
    Derby Trial
    Derby
    Irish Derby
    King George

The Oaks Campaign:
    Oaks Trial
    Oaks
    Irish Oaks
    Yorkshire Oaks

This is already available they are called Prep races if you enter a horse in the Craven on the day of the race click on the race history tab it will show previous winner under that it will Race target Progression rhis will show future races which have been prepped for your horses future races I got the Coventry Stakes on my screen at the moment and the future races are

July 6th July Stakes - Newmarket
July 28th Audi Richmond Stakes - Goodwood
August 20th gimcrack Stakes - York

You just Click on a race and on the Right hand side you will see all horses that qualifier for these future races you just click on the horse and a message will appear saying your staff will attempt to make an entry when race is open.

Gray

I can't believe I didn't know that! Thanks for your help.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:22 pm
Group 3 winner

Rather then a horse getting sick for a long time their should be a graph that shows the player that the horse is getting to much work so the graph goes red and the stable lad comes in with a message saying "give the horse a rest for one or two weeks, or slow work", or the stable lad can send a message saying "A vet should look at that Horse, as he is not well, be it joints or something else".
Avoidance is better then the cure.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:19 am
Selling plater

I've had some ideas for SO7. Here are just a few...

1- My first few ideas focus around the Breeders Cup. You could have a Win and You're In Series similar to what they've done the past few years. Additionally, you could also have a rotating breeders cup.

2- Implement a sort of "horse for course" type of thing. Have tracks play naturally deeper or more speed favoring than others, where other horses may or may not excel at.

3- Similar to the US Triple Crown, have a points based system for the KY Derby.

4- Have more in depth jockey orders. Like a "save ground" option. ... this idea may need work, or might be already in the game that I hadnt fully realized yet.

5- Easier navigation in the management screen, maybe keyboard functions... I hate using my mouse.

6- an easier to play with online mode. Would be cool if I could set up an in game online league between my friends and their horses. This would be tough and probably expensive to maintain and regulate but still cool. I could never get my head around the online leagues.

7 - easier mod access. Similar to 6, it may be apparent that I am not tech savvy to follow instructions and get these things to fire up. Something a little more laymen friendly would be nice.

Anyways these a just some thoughts I had. I loved SO6! And I'm looking forward to getting my hands on SO7.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:35 am
Handicapper

Will there be implemented a points system for the road to Kentucky derby as in real life?

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:30 pm
Selling plater

bluechip21 wrote:
I've had some ideas for SO7. Here are just a few...

1- My first few ideas focus around the Breeders Cup. You could have a Win and You're In Series similar to what they've done the past few years. Additionally, you could also have a rotating breeders cup.

2- Implement a sort of "horse for course" type of thing. Have tracks play naturally deeper or more speed favoring than others, where other horses may or may not excel at.

3- Similar to the US Triple Crown, have a points based system for the KY Derby.

4- Have more in depth jockey orders. Like a "save ground" option. ... this idea may need work, or might be already in the game that I hadnt fully realized yet.

5- Easier navigation in the management screen, maybe keyboard functions... I hate using my mouse.

6- an easier to play with online mode. Would be cool if I could set up an in game online league between my friends and their horses. This would be tough and probably expensive to maintain and regulate but still cool. I could never get my head around the online leagues.

7 - easier mod access. Similar to 6, it may be apparent that I am not tech savvy to follow instructions and get these things to fire up. Something a little more laymen friendly would be nice.

Anyways these a just some thoughts I had. I loved SO6! And I'm looking forward to getting my hands on SO7.

Point #2 - I could be wrong, but I think this is implemented to some degree in SO6. I've had a horse who, although he was a Derby winner, struggled to win in Group 2s otherwise, and barely competed in Group 1 races. But he thrived at Longchamp, and won two Arcs on the bounce before finishing a sht-hd 2nd in a third.

It would be good if this was developed a little bit further, perhaps. When I take jockey controls, I notice horses pulling left or right - often in the opposite direction of the turning track I'm racing on. But these are never mentioned in Jockey's comments. It would be good if the Jockey could comment that the horse is more comfortable running in the opposite direction, which is a big thing in National Hunt racing (see Yorkhill's inability to jump around a right-handed track). It would be absolutely brilliant if there was even more detail, that the horse loved the stiff nature of the track or would prefer a flat track, or if the horse "loved Sandown" or whatever.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Selling plater

I would love if the Breeding side was expanded more than currently. At the moment (thanks in no small-part to Coolmore!) flat racing's ultimate goal is to find champions, retire them to stud and keep the cycle going. I think there's definitely room for growth in this area.

#1 - Simplification of the breeding process, in terms of where to send which mares. Having to go back into the Breeding screen every 14 days to assign a Stallion to a Mare gets very tedious. I would absolutely love it if I could essentially pre-queue these at the start of the season. If I have 60 mares, and I want to send 20 of them to Galileo, and I know which 20 I want to send to be covered by him, I would love to be able to select from a drop-down "Send to: Galileo" or something to that effect. And then Galileo basically breeds his way through them, until he reaches the end of the queue.

#2 - AI renaming unraced horses.
The AI never re-name unraced horses, although they could? That could be something to be introduced.

#3 - It doesn't take 14 days to breed.
I can understand why the 14 day window was put in place, but personally I would much rather the breeding window was confined to the first half of the season, it took less time to breed, but the chances of a potential star were reduced slightly.

#4 - AI Sires lasting longer.
I think I'm right in thinking that AI sires disappear after a season? I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem they stick around very long in any case. Assuming they are healthy and producing successful off-spring, they should/could last for as long as they are well and in demand.

#5 - Champion Sires introduced.
This is pretty self-explanatory. But sires lasting longer would add the element of a Sires Championship, which could be really interesting.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm
Selling plater

Firstly a great game Mark hats off to you, have been enjoying playing the last 2 versions.I am a huge horse racing fan and this game is by far the best I have come across to date.

Great stuff.

A few thoughts and suggestions...

Holding Off horses being rated so early
Scrapping early ratings after 1 run and following on from this not allowing horses to run in hcps unless they have won a race or gone through the usual minimum 3 runs to get an official mark.This for me starts everything off on the wrong foot it just isn't what you see in the real world.This is akin to too many 2yo's being over rated very early in their careers, it would be great for a bit more evidence before plenty of them get anywhere near a high 80's or early 90's mark.

Addition of Novice events for flat/aw
Novice contests have become a very important factor in the 2yo division since last season when a much greater emphasis has been placed on them, again for realism it would be great if these were included in the schedule along with the penalty structure for novice winners, it would just look strange now without this race type in the fixtures and plenty of them!

Make Official Ratings less volatile.

In hcps the ratings move too quickly both ways. 1 bad run and the mark can tumble several lbs and a narrow win of a poor race can see a hike of 8lbs. I fully appreciate this is not easy to get the balance but I do think it could be better.

Keep up the good work Mark!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:06 pm
Selling plater

I forgot...

Ability to Own horses and train others horses.

Cheers

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:16 pm
Selling plater

That colour is shocking apologies!

Ability to Own horses and train others horses.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Selling plater

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the ability to persuade a jockey to leave their current employer and be your retained jockey. Having to have D Sousa every year gets a bit tedious - I'd love to try out Jamie Spencer or Ryan Moore, but they're always retained.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 pm
Group 3 winner

A quit without saving option would be greatly appreciated.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next