View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas 
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas
mjtags11 wrote:
My Starters Orders 7 Ideas:

1) Mid Season Sales of Yearlings, 2YOs In Training, and Breeding Stock
-This is something that I "added" into my game in the form of selling races, but of course they do not capture the realism of these sales. I would like to see them available on the schedule (or perhaps in a separate sales schedule - see below) where a few days are devoted to auctioning off a bunch of horses of different ages. Some of them are just born yearlings, others are 2YOs from other trainers that are in training, and others are horses (mainly mares) that are currently in the breeding barn. This would add a lot of realism and give trainers the ability to enhance their stables with top quality talent as well as a good way to sell off some of their homebreds.

2) Sales Schedule
-In addition to the regular race schedule, I'd like to see a separate sales schedule that lists dates on which there are sales, allowing for trainers to enter their horses into those sales (like entering into a race) and simulating up to the next sale. These sales would include not only the weekly auctions but also some special sales, like those mentioned above. This would add a whole new way for people to play the game, this time instead of just a trainer or bettor but as a breeder, specifically selling horses to make money, and hoping those eventually go on to do great things.

3) 3D Sales Rings
-This is rather silly, but I would love to see 3D sales rings, just like courses. Instead of a text based sale, there would be a sales ring and horses parading in front of the crowd. There would be a pane that would have information on the horse, such as earnings, former trainer/owner, and major race wins.

4) Big Race Post Parade and Winners Photo
-Another silly suggestion, but one that would add realism. It would be nice to have a post parade (which I see is built into the course editor but never used) for group races. This would make these races seem more than just another race. And then at the end of the race have a winners photo of the winning horse and their connections (a fun crowd of people).

5) Changing of Feature Race Rating
-I don't know if this is the right way of phrasing it, but I'd like to see the game promote/demote races each year based on the class that participates in the race. If a race has 120+ rated horses for a few years but is only a G3, it should be promoted to a G2 and possibly to a G1 in years. The same is true with races that may have horses of rating 100 or below in the majority of the field; probably should be demoted. This will allow for a changing game, where each year is slightly different than the next. This can also apply to purses where some races may get a purse increase (or decrease) depending on the year.

Sounds good to me. I would just add a fix for the long term career mode (and in particular the mixed flats/jumps career). ... oh and a multiplayer career mode. That would make it AMAZING.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:21 pm
Selling plater

Taunton wrote:
1. Hide the potential bar. That will make you find more realistic ways to find out if you have a good horse.

2. Add bloodlines and statistics. Then you can decide wich stallion you want to breed your mares with, and check that stallions bloodline and how well the offspring have done.

Loving a lot of the suggestions so far!

#1 YES , or have a bar that the longer the horse is in your stable/in work/trialling/racing, the more stats are revealed - or a range that the true stat is within i.e. potential = 45-94 which will gradually become more accurate over time.
So make it so the it takes time to figure out you have a good one. You could put it in work and trialling it, revealing stats/traits or do the same by racing it. I dislike that by clicking info i know exactly what races to target.

#2 I would like to see a stallions career stats and to see AI stallions stats and for them to stay in game for greater than 1 season. And please a breeding queue

This may only be suited to the Australian Schedule and how we race here but i want to see the benefit of following a traditional preparation. Currently my horses can run 2miles without build up, apart from general training

Also please scrap weekly sales and create a sales schedule

Much better placement of AI horses - i have seen horses back up week after week and even twice on a race meet

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:25 am
Group 1 winner

Hi all,

Just some things to tidy up the Hard game mode against ai trainers.

1. Why not just let the ai trained horse always be ready to race. I know its a cheat for the ai but It would be nice to always be in peak condition to have good competition against my horses.

2. Absolutely restrict the ai trainer from entering his/her horse no less that 7 days. This will at least stop the more frequent runners as this is very annoying. This can be a game wide restriction.

3. As you play the game you become very aware of the good horses. And they nearly always race at an inappropriate race or do not get entered in the race you think would give you stiff opposition. Why not have an override mechanism in place so that the human player can direct which race to enter the ai trained horse. Take the cox plate for example. They are selected by committee so the best horses participate. Perhaps a parameter can be added to the race properties to allow this to happen like,

10.25,G1,3UP
3000000,F14,com

where "com" would open the opportunity to select any relevant horse to participate by the human player.

Thanks

John

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:04 am
Handicapper

This one is a real bug bear, can we please have places in handicaps paying to the right number depending on the size of the field, as in real life. Not sure what the current regulations are as I gave up gambling a decade ago, but it used to be something like a 1/4 the odds places 1-2-3 up to a certain number of runners, then a 1/5 the odds places 1-2-3-4 , then 1/4 the odds places 1-2-3-4 etc for handicap races with 16+ runners. Would just add some realism.

Secondly, can winners of NH races and novice hurdles/chases please carry penalties as they do in real racing, again, not sure of this ruling currently, but in SO6 no penalties are carried.

Thanks

Chris

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:
Hi all,

Just some things to tidy up the Hard game mode against ai trainers.

1. Why not just let the ai trained horse always be ready to race. I know its a cheat for the ai but It would be nice to always be in peak condition to have good competition against my horses.

2. Absolutely restrict the ai trainer from entering his/her horse no less that 7 days. This will at least stop the more frequent runners as this is very annoying. This can be a game wide restriction.

3. As you play the game you become very aware of the good horses. And they nearly always race at an inappropriate race or do not get entered in the race you think would give you stiff opposition. Why not have an override mechanism in place so that the human player can direct which race to enter the ai trained horse. Take the cox plate for example. They are selected by committee so the best horses participate. Perhaps a parameter can be added to the race properties to allow this to happen like,

10.25,G1,3UP
3000000,F14,com

where "com" would open the opportunity to select any relevant horse to participate by the human player.

Thanks

John

4. Forgot to mention that it is a real pain when you see a good ai horse been ridden differently than its optimum riding preference. Please Mark in the hard mode allow the ai to cheat so that the ai horses are always ridden at their optimum preference for a tough challenge to the human player.

Cheers

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:13 am
Selling plater

My suggestion would be to perhaps accentuate the difficulty of certain jumps courses. A lot of the time the number of finishers in certain races are no different to any other. I.e the grand national usually throws up the same number of finishers as a 4 mile chase at Hexham. I'd suggest that certain courses like Aintree, Cheltenham, Sandown that are notoriously difficult jumping courses actually demonstrate their difficulty. Without getting satirical; a certain amount of realism is lost when 30 horses finish the grand national.

Something I'd like to see back in the series is the mistake counter. It made for fascinating reading mid race to see how many jumping errors certain horses had made. That said, was horses being brought down missed out of SO6? I can't remember seeing it happen that often, yet in SO5 it happened regularly?

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:03 pm
Group 3 winner

I have a few ideas to make the owner mode more realistic, some have been mentioned previously but I thought I’d put all the ideas into one post;

1. The capacity for more owners, I think the maximum at the moment is 250 which is a good amount, but I still think if we can have more it will add realism.

2. A spread perhaps similar to the way the nationality spread works, whereby we can allocate owners numbers corresponding to the ratio of horses they own. Do owners like godolphin can own a lot of horses, and other owners less, with some owners having single figured ammounts of horses.

3. The ability to affiliate trainers with owners, similarly to how we can allocate retained jockeys to trainers, perhaps if we could allocate trainers to owners, such as Charlie Appleby and Saeed bin Suroor to godolphin this again would add realism.

4. For owners who currently have horses with you and are happy to show loyalty and send new 2 year olds to you at the start of each season, this would allow you to build affiliations with owners and also ensure longevity as you can go through the season knowing you will have more horses next season. It will also reward you for good results.

5. For lesser owners to offer horses at open days, it seems at the moment it is only the higher owners that offer horses, which means that you get fewer offers and also when you get offers they are often very good horses, making it a little easy to get hold of good horses and making it unrealistic how you can rise from nowhere to group one winners.

6. For horses to change ownership, for example a horse owned by a lesser owner who is showing good potential to be bought by a higher owner as godolphin or al Shaqab do in real life. This would make it more realistic as the best horses winning the best races will be owned by the best owners as they are in reality,

I think if these changes can be implemented the owner mode will be far better than it is now and very realistic!

Thank you for reading.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7