View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 SO7 update page link. 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO7 update page link.
Plenty of good Schedules out their mine Bobs and a few others I don't make mine neither do Bob for league I make mine to real life race fixtures today.

On that point Mark at the moment we can only have 3 race meetings a day will it be possible in SO7 to have more so we could say have 8 UK meetings on Boxing day if you are opening up to over 512 in ones stable then you must be hoping to have more race meetings a day.

Gray

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Will SO7 be released on IPad/Phone

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:15 pm
Handicapper

Sounds good Mark. Many of us, myself included, have integrated schedules with courses. So the schedules may assume certain mods to the courses... I did this by adding new tracks to some courses e.g. Goodwood's 5f/6f/10f course (flatTurf2) and 7f/1m chute (flatTurf3).
Also, we have all emphasised our part of the world. I did UK and expanded the German and Middle East calendars, introduced Japan's jumping, Simpleminds did Ireland, France, Aus/NZ & Japan, others have concentrated on USA/Canada and Hong Kong. If I remember rightly, there is a global schedule that takes bits of everything. Universal jumping and introduction of new countries, like South Africa, will be great.
Most of our schedules have been compiled on a mods page but that may miss more recent updates... I have been updating mine recently as well as updating the colours and jockeys/trainers/owners for UK flat and jumps. So would it be better if we email you our links to our files on the Mediafire site?
Thanks simples for the mention.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 am
Handicapper

Simples made a great point about the restriction of 3 meets per day. It affects big race days like Boxing Days... I did all the cards for that day but had to spread some of them into Christmas Day (slightly unrealistic), 28th and 29th.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:01 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Sounds good Mark. Many of us, myself included, have integrated schedules with courses. So the schedules may assume certain mods to the courses... I did this by adding new tracks to some courses e.g. Goodwood's 5f/6f/10f course (flatTurf2) and 7f/1m chute (flatTurf3).

I still have the packages you and Grey sent me a while ago. I presume they are up to date? If not can you let me know. I am just adding South Africa as it's a good first test so I can make sure adding nationalities works smoothly enough for modders to do it themselves should they wish. So South Africa will be in.

A couple of things I noticed. When you have a separate course for a straight course. For example a 5 furlong straight you should have it as the second course - 'flat turf 2' in the editor (rather than 'Flat turf 1'). Setting it as the first course can cause problems. This should always be the main course that accommodates the widest range of distances. There is a quick way of changing the course numbers rather than doing them again in the editor and that is to edit the .map file in notepad and swap all the '<course>1' for <course2>. I have done most of these.

The Align points are fiddly and sometimes bugged but are useful on simple courses for keeping all the horses close to the rail.

After I finish South Africa I'll look at adding some of the extra jumping and make sure it's possible for people to add these as mods also.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:17 pm
Handicapper

I've been continuously updating my UK flat/jumps schedules and colours for the 2017-18 season so I'll send you those once I've finished them. Thx

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 am
Group 1 winner

Well done Mark for bringing these modders into the fray.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 am
Group 1 winner

Can you please please please allow us to make races in the showcase file starting at the absolute shortest distance = 1/4 furlong? A couple of us Americans would love to make a Quarter Horse racing schedule. I know MJ would love that and so would I.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 am
Group 2 winner

Will it be possible to make extra conditions on races, such as restricting some races to horses from the country of the race for instance? Thank you

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 am
Selling plater

I believe this might have been mentioned before,but it would be nice to have a stable manager or breeding expert to advise on potential purchases at the horse sales.Then one doesn't blow half a million on horses that end up in selling races.
What about a stable manager advising on best tactics for horse during race,ie hold up,even pace or race handy.He/she will have studied the horse on the gallops.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:56 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I've been continuously updating my UK flat/jumps schedules and colours for the 2017-18 season so I'll send you those once I've finished them. Thx

Thanks.

Quote:
Will it be possible to make extra conditions on races, such as restricting some races to horses from the country of the race for instance? Thank you

There is already a flag to specify a home field. In SO6 I think it was 'H' in the showc_f file but that does not stop players entering non local horses in the race.

Something else to mention regarding modding before I forget. With SO6 there is a line in the course file that has 5 items usually. Something like 'LL188'. The last item should only be used if this particular course route also includes a straight course. For example there may be a 6f chute and all races of <= 6f start on it. The last item would be '6'. Otherwise it's 0. The format has changed anyway but I thought I would mention it as setting this item when there is no straight course can result in the horses running very wide on the bends and maybe going through rails.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:36 pm
Group 2 winner

I was unaware of this condition, does the H come after the prize money in the showcase? Where we would specify field size? Thank you

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:21 pm
Group 2 winner

Is it possible to get a list of flags that can be used in the showcase file? And also where to put them, putting the 'H' after the prize money doesnt work to limit races to only local horses.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark is it possible you can have a look at long distance races in the NH and the constant pulling up of horses for no reason its a pain in the game but its a even bigger pain in the race kit and in the league and its causing nothing but problems when its pulling up horses going well for no reason I know sometimes it can be injured but mostly its because they towards the rear not even Tailed off of being hard Ridden it is spoiling the league races.

Gray

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Something I noticed from the screenshots was that there is a very large number of stallions, juddmonte has 300+ sires, is this the plan for the final game? As it seems too much, surely it would be more realistic if these numbers represented real life figures with only the best horses being retired as stallions?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next