View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas
Been playing just the NH side of the game this past few months, the winning distances are just not right . It's very rare there is a winner by a distance, horses do not finish strung out, and front runners don't get very far in front. there isn't a big enough spread in the field of runners. Unlike flat races, the runners should not all be bunched and then generally all finish within 10 lengths of the winner. I know it's a game and not real life, but, hopefully this can be looked at.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:36 am
Handicapper

Agree with neves_rats. Field should be more strung out in NH and also I notice they run in single file after the first turn. They should be spread across the course... perhaps, whenever the going is soft or heavy the horses could fan out more... searching for better ground.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:35 pm
Handicapper

I wondered whether we can have race distances in quarters and three-quarters of a mile e.g. 31.25, 16.75. There are several races in the calendar that use these kinds of distances. The course editor allows it but the distances do not run in-game. This feature will be particularly useful for those courses that have a figure-of-8 formation, like Fontwell and the Cheltenham XCountry course.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 am
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
I wondered whether we can have race distances in quarters and three-quarters of a mile e.g. 31.25, 16.75. There are several races in the calendar that use these kinds of distances. The course editor allows it but the distances do not run in-game. This feature will be particularly useful for those courses that have a figure-of-8 formation, like Fontwell and the Cheltenham XCountry course.
Yes you can but you need to manually edit the showcase file.

See this viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6419

Cheers

John

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 am
Selling plater

The Jockey Mode is what makes me more addicted to Starters Orders.
It would be wonderful if we could take the reins in the training too.

Gallop (Trials) Settings menu in the "Training" screen should contain a "Take the Reins" button so
the masters of Jockey Mode could test the galloping horses before joining a race.

And I would love to hear from all of you aces of this game if it's a good idea/request or not.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:29 am
Handicapper

I'm not sure if this got mentioned further up this thread but there should be codes for Novice flat races. I am compiling a new UK flat schedule and this type of race is not yet catered for in the current code. There are some other race types that are worth including in the game also... listed in this link.
http://www.racepedia.co.uk/blog/betting ... ace-types/

Ah yes, can we have race codes for apprentice, amateur and lady jockeys?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:53 am
Selling plater

A few things I'd written down while playing SO 6.

Interface/UI:
- Add the increment bars that most users now use as a mod as standard? (Possibly with some sort of numerical representation?)

- Effects of training. Without a spreadsheet or a pen and paper, it's very hard to see if my horse is improving or decreasing in ability. Other than Fitness & Condition, it's difficult to tell is stamina or speed training has any effect? Perhaps this could be better represented? I'd much prefer actual numbers to bars, but that's maybe the Football Manager player deep down.

- More Filters on Declaration screen: I'm quite happy to run my horses over distances that may not especially suit, but it's a lot of work to find the right race. If there was a possibility of being able to select filters differently (ie, any races between 1m and 1m2f rather than one set distance), this would be a lot easier. The same could apply to race classes (ie, any race Class 4 or lower), or race types (handicaps, maidens, hurdles, chases, etc)

- Ability to assign a horse a type (ie. novice hurdler) and automatically selecting filters based on the set type.

General:
- Horse history: When was it foaled, who was it bred by, who bought/sold it and for what price?

- Expand race calendar: IRL there are often five or six meetings a day, whereas in SO it seems rare to have more than two. Most of these races are low class, which makes it easier to start a 'realistic' game with poor horses and try to make it to the top. I often find there are not enough C5/6/7 races to go around even with different schedules.

- Easier race planning: I'd like to be able to create a race plan for the season. For instance, set a horse the target of the Supreme Novice's hurdle and then create my own preparation route to it. Once I've created my race plan, I can assign a horse to a plan and it will automatically be entered into said races when declarations open. (I gather this is already available from reading the previous posts in here, so shall have another bash at this in SO6)

- Notes: At the minute, I keep them on paper, but it could be handy to have some sort of note section where I could my own notes or jockey/head lad feedback as notes. (Again, I gather this is already available)

- Tracked horses list: Maybe I've missed this, but once I've added a horse to my 'tracker' I can't find an overview of which horses are in it.

- Better notifications when a horse is balloted out or no longer eligible for a race (I had a Novice Hurdler pulled out of a race at Punchestown Festival because the UK season had ended and he was no longer considered a novice).

- Ability to Save without exiting!

In Race
- Pause option during racing.

I really like the suggested changes to breeding and I'm very much looking forward to the next release

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Group 3 winner

redgameracer wrote:
A few things I'd written down while playing SO 6.

Interface/UI:
- Add the increment bars that most users now use as a mod as standard? (Possibly with some sort of numerical representation?)

- Effects of training. Without a spreadsheet or a pen and paper, it's very hard to see if my horse is improving or decreasing in ability. Other than Fitness & Condition, it's difficult to tell is stamina or speed training has any effect? Perhaps this could be better represented? I'd much prefer actual numbers to bars, but that's maybe the Football Manager player deep down.

- More Filters on Declaration screen: I'm quite happy to run my horses over distances that may not especially suit, but it's a lot of work to find the right race. If there was a possibility of being able to select filters differently (ie, any races between 1m and 1m2f rather than one set distance), this would be a lot easier. The same could apply to race classes (ie, any race Class 4 or lower), or race types (handicaps, maidens, hurdles, chases, etc)

- Ability to assign a horse a type (ie. novice hurdler) and automatically selecting filters based on the set type.

General:
- Horse history: When was it foaled, who was it bred by, who bought/sold it and for what price?

- Expand race calendar: IRL there are often five or six meetings a day, whereas in SO it seems rare to have more than two. Most of these races are low class, which makes it easier to start a 'realistic' game with poor horses and try to make it to the top. I often find there are not enough C5/6/7 races to go around even with different schedules.

- Easier race planning: I'd like to be able to create a race plan for the season. For instance, set a horse the target of the Supreme Novice's hurdle and then create my own preparation route to it. Once I've created my race plan, I can assign a horse to a plan and it will automatically be entered into said races when declarations open. (I gather this is already available from reading the previous posts in here, so shall have another bash at this in SO6)

- Notes: At the minute, I keep them on paper, but it could be handy to have some sort of note section where I could my own notes or jockey/head lad feedback as notes. (Again, I gather this is already available)

- Tracked horses list: Maybe I've missed this, but once I've added a horse to my 'tracker' I can't find an overview of which horses are in it.

- Better notifications when a horse is balloted out or no longer eligible for a race (I had a Novice Hurdler pulled out of a race at Punchestown Festival because the UK season had ended and he was no longer considered a novice).

- Ability to Save without exiting!

In Race
- Pause option during racing.

I really like the suggested changes to breeding and I'm very much looking forward to the next release

You can save without exiting by pressing S on your keyboard in the current game :D

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm
Handicapper

I believe you can add a note to a horse when on the home screen by pressing N.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:44 pm
Group 3 winner

I hope there is going to be a massive overhaul of the schedule, especially with the large increase in possible stable size. The current schedule does not have enough races to facilitate the current level of horses. The schedule needs amending so there are more than adequate opportunities for all types and quality of horses. The present schedule is woefully short of maiden races, especially for 2 & 3 year olds, low end handicaps, just about everywhere in fact. Please overhaul the schedule Mark. personally I think from what I've read of the new game, the stable size is going to be able to be too large a size. Realistically how many stables have 500+ horses. surely 200 would be more than adequate for realism sake?

Last edited by neves_rats on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:54 pm
Group 3 winner

I might have said this before, can't remember, but, can the over large on course video screens be disposed of please, they just look so out of place in an otherwise aesthetically pleasing game. by all means replace them with realistic screens on the back of lorries, but in perspective please. And, have definitely mentioned this, but, there are way too many pink and red triangles, and, by the time you're advised by the game that your horse has one, especially the red ones, you cannot remove your horse from the race,

Last edited by neves_rats on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:42 pm
Handicapper

I use the N for notes & although it does a job. I would prefer a bigger "notepad" area on the horses profile that I can write on and see at a glance without having to hover over the name of the horse in question.

Also I'd like to see an easier method to make your own schedules. I want to be able to choose the year I race in and to pick what meetings are scheduled every day including the bread & butter meetings not just the showcase meetings. Like having 2 meetings in the day and another 2 on Monday night when Windsor Monday night racing starts again, that kind of thing. The option to have more than 3 meetings per day would be great and that would at stroke provide more opportunities for maiden races and low end handicaps.

Cheers

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:03 pm
Group 3 winner

This request has nothing to with the actual playing of the game, it is ascetics.

My old, faithfull desktop computer finally gave up the ghost, but I have a really nice powerfull laptop, so decided not to replace the desktop. The only trouble is, none of the screen sizes built into SO6 seem to suit my laptop, most of the built in resolutions of SO6 seem distorted on my laptop.

How about some screen sizes that siut laptops, or maybe a windowed version that you adjust\drag the window to siut any computer.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:12 pm
Selling plater

For US and Can racing the fraction times are way too slow. These need to be adjusted to reflect faster fractions od US/NA racing. Also rarely in US racing does a horse carry 130lbs or over. Can't remember the last time I saw a horse carry more than 130lb. Also need modification of race conditions. Mdn, MCL, NW2, NW3, Starter ALW, Optional Claimer (entered to be claimed or not) Can the implementation of Claiming races be adjusted? A US daily Racing Form or Timeform would be great and make things much easier to read.

That's just my thoughts.

Thanks
Mike

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:53 am
Handicapper

Scatters... yes, I have known that you can adjust the distance to .25 and .75 on the showcase file. But in the game play, the race distance reverts to whole furlongs or half furlongs.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next