View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas 
Handicapper

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas
MJL19. For the race conditions, here are some race codes that may be useful, at least up until SO8 comes out:

COND:maxwins=2 (main condition for flat Novice races)
COND:maxruns=2
COND:musthaverun
COND:musthaverun=4
COND:notwongroup=3
COND:notwongroup=2
COND:notwongroup=1
COND:notwonclass=130 (restricted to horses who have not won races where 130 is the maximum rating)
M = Maiden
C = Claiming race
S - Seller

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:37 am
Handicapper

Two things that I've been discussing with others:
1) Can the list of colts and fillies come with the ability to allocate colours to each horse, like we allocate a set of colours to each trainer? This can mean that, should any of us mod the list of horses, we can get those horses to run for their correct trainer/owner/jockey combination.
2) Can we make it possible to allocate more than one jockey to an owner or a trainer, and more than one trainer to an owner? So far, it is either/or.
Thanks... looking forward to SO7.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:21 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
2) Can we make it possible to allocate more than one jockey to an owner or a trainer, and more than one trainer to an owner? So far, it is either/or.
Thanks... looking forward to SO7.

Agreed. Would be good to have more than one stable jockey.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 am
Selling plater

Fantastic game. Hours and hours of fun, but these would be my suggestions that come to mind.

In Jockey mode, the positioning of the horse has far too much impact on how they will run.

In most races, horse will aim to get cover and be (at worst) 3 wide. The AI needs to be tightened up on this. They are constantly sitting 5 and 6 wide on their horses for no reason.

Horse ratings are too high (ie improve too quickly and fluctuate too much). Often I will find that I have a horse with maybe one Group 2 win has the highest weight in a G1 handicap like the Melbourne Cup.

I find the training system too fiddly and time consuming, but the version with no training can take a little bit away from the game. It would be good if there was some sought of happy medium between the two. Perhaps if there was some impact of having 'fitness' runs and horses require shorter spells etc ... For example, usually a horse will have a campaign of 5 to 6 runs with the plan being to peak in runs 4, 5, and 6. It seems that you are better off just placing your horse first up in the race you want to win as the lead in races are no benefit.

This isnt as important, but it would be good to have the added realism of 'travelling time' being added to the game. So you cant run in Dubai, and then Ascot, and then Flemington all in the same month etc .... This would mean you would need to give more thought to planning and choosing how to place your horse.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:17 am
Handicapper

Great post, completely agree with all of it.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:00 pm
Group 1 winner

When we start breeding - the suggested best average distance can be quite wrong.

Is there any chance to be able to change/update the distance in the horse's homepage?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:44 pm
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
When we start breeding - the suggested best average distance can be quite wrong.

Is there any chance to be able to change/update the distance in the horse's homepage?

Yes this would be great.
I find it frustrating that i cant see the horses stats, specifically stamina, when trialing in the CK.
This means i end up having to run a horse in varying distances trying to find its actually best distance.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:41 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

Yes this would be great.
I find it frustrating that i cant see the horses stats, specifically stamina, when trialing in the CK.
This means i end up having to run a horse in varying distances trying to find its actually best distance.

It would also help in the single player game where personally i have a hundred plus horses racing and when i scroll down the page to select horses for races i can see the SO6 suggested distance and not having to remember that 'Horse A' with a 2000m/10f prefered distance is actually a 1200m/6f sprinter.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 am
Site Admin

NPG319 wrote:

The average breeding distance is now calculated based on the parents actual performance (win) record. It can be a problem where a horse was retired after only a few runs and/or before it matured but currently that is how it works. If there is no form available it reverts to the old method.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am
Handicapper

I thought about the light green/dark green potential bars potential vs. reached potential, maybe it would be an option for some other bars.
Right now only the potential bar and Cruising Burst from 2yo to 3yo changes. Maybe some categories could have some progression too and aren't so static so it would be more interesting to watch the stat development of the horses and it would distinguish the horses anymore. Just some thoughts.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:04 am
Group 3 winner

Mark wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

The average breeding distance is now calculated based on the parents actual performance (win) record. It can be a problem where a horse was retired after only a few runs and/or before it matured but currently that is how it works. If there is no form available it reverts to the old method.

This method could also give some misleading breeding distances.

In my current game my 1m 4f horses are poor and my 2m horses are very good, also there are not enough 2 mile races for my longer distance horses so I have been running them in 1m 4f and 1m 6f races and the 2m horses have been winning these races.

My 2m horses are definately 2m horses and not 1m 4f horses but they could end up with the wrong average distances if I run them in races over a variety of distances.

In my opinion, this is a long distance horse but it could end up with breeding an average distance of 1m 6f.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:13 am
Selling plater

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
I thought about the light green/dark green potential bars potential vs. reached potential, maybe it would be an option for some other bars.
Right now only the potential bar and Cruising Burst from 2yo to 3yo changes. Maybe some categories could have some progression too and aren't so static so it would be more interesting to watch the stat development of the horses and it would distinguish the horses anymore. Just some thoughts.

Nice suggestion. I would like that too.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Jim - why don't you add the Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide Cups and the Wellington and one other 3200m/2mile Cup race from New Zealand to your schedule?

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:47 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Jim - why don't you add the Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide Cups and the Wellington and one other 3200m/2mile Cup race from New Zealand to your schedule?

I must admit, I rarely look at races from down under, don't really know why. Maybe because I don't know enough about those races.

I have had so many problems with the potential of my horses suddenly dropping over the last 6 weeks or so that I ended up deleting all my saved games, reinstalling windows and SO6. I now have a combined schedule saved game that is reasonably stable and I am apprehensive about starting new saved games with new schedules in case SO6 goes wonky again.

I know some trainers don't like ttf files but if I hadn't saved my best horses to ttf file so I could start new saved games after SO6 went wonky, I would have given up on SO6 weeks ago.

I have just started to produce some decent horses again for the league but will give a new schedule a try after the league season starts in about 5 weeks.

I have used an editor to change some of the showcase races in my game. I may look to change a few more races to long distance G1 races since my horses are too good to run in most handicap races.

Jim

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:52 am
Group 1 winner

When I first started playing SO6 - the people who had the most unstable games were the modders, especially after each update.
For me - I didn't need those headaches, I just wanted to enjoy the game in a simple manner so I have always just stayed with the stock game.
But if you need to find more 2 mile races, just start up an Australian game and you'll find all those cities I mention are 2 mile G1 Cup races.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next