View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 SO7 update page link. 
Site Admin

Post Re: SO7 update page link.
In theory SO7 should gradually become progressively harder due to all new horses being bred from the better game horses. Obviously this does not happen in SO6. The (SO6) game horses in year one are comparable to year 10 or 50. How this will turn out in practice is not yet clear. This is one of the reasons for having an extended early access period. So the effect of the new breeding model can be properly tested and adjusted where required.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:48 pm
Handicapper

Looking forward to the early access period!

Will there some factors introduced which will end this unlimited money effect? Right now money plays no role at all.
Maybe no betting in the main game, or a betting account but this money can't be used for buying horses etc. Much reduced foal sell income, higher general costs for your stable, limited chances to breed with top stallions, the possibility the AI overbids you in an an auction because you have to look at your money. I think reduced money will have much positive effects on the sim gameplay. The current training isn't playable for me with so many horses, but for sure a part of the game where is much space for improvement!

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
Looking forward to the early access period!

Will there some factors introduced which will end this unlimited money effect? Right now money plays no role at all.
Maybe no betting in the main game, or a betting account but this money can't be used for buying horses etc. Much reduced foal sell income, higher general costs for your stable, limited chances to breed with top stallions, the possibility the AI overbids you in an an auction because you have to look at your money. I think reduced money will have much positive effects on the sim gameplay. The current training isn't playable for me with so many horses, but for sure a part of the game where is much space for improvement!

My stock game is over 100 seasons long and during that time i have built a huge bank account that i can buy any horse i want BUT because i have been breeding for at least the last 60 seasons it is very rare to buy an AI horse that stats wise are better than my own bred horses - in fact it is almost pointless now for me to buy AI horses.
Even if i pay to breed with AI horses in the barn - if they haven't at least won 10 Group 1 races, they serve no purpose to my breeding.

I am not sure there is anyway to change this besides what Mark has suggested that in SO7 that the AI will progressively get better as well as your stable over time.

Oh - what could happen is that each horse in the stable and breeding barn actually cost money each week - so a smaller stable and barn = smaller out goings etc?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:06 am
Group 2 winner

I agree with Doug. I would like to see each horse have a cost, so the more inmates you have the greater your stable outgoings.

https://www.sportsleagueladders.com/

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:12 am
Group 2 winner

Hi,

I really love this time of the season when there are lots of 3 year old races, full of lightly raced horses, unbeaten horses and newcomers from big yards, where future stars can reveal themselves. I would love for starters orders to realistically capture this, it’s s point that’s been raised before, by me and others but I feel it’s worth saying again, as I think I have some ideas that could make it possible as the game is not far away from it already. With the pool size the game allows now it’s possible to have a similar number of horses in training to real life, this is great as it makes for the potential to be extremely realistic, however the game isn’t quite there for a few reasons, firstly, the age spread across the pool size doesn’t reflect real life, there should be a higher proportion of 2 and 3 year olds, and a smaller proportion of older horses, the stats for the numbers can be found on the bha website, so in order for the game to capture the types of races we see in real life around this time of year I think there needs to be a higher percentage of 2 and 3 year olds in the horse pool. Secondly, the best distance spread I think should be amended, with more horses at the mile to mile and a half distances than there are at the longer distances. Mark has mentioned that this will be different in so7, with the distance spread being determined by the number of races at each distance in the schedule, if this will be the case for the home nation and not only international horses that would be great!
Lastly, the point that has been mentioned most is about horses running too often, this takes away the chance to see fields of lightly raced horses because they have all ran too often, particularly the better horses it seems. I really hope this can be addressed in so7.

I hope I don’t come across as criticising, because I’m not, I love starters orders and feel it is so close to being able to represent real life almost perfectly, and if these things can be looked at in so7 I think it would go a long way to making the game even more realistic.

Thank you

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:54 am
Handicapper

Hi Mark.

The main thing I would like to see in so7 is changes in the way the files work to make modding more user-friendly. The files as things currently stand to get very confusing and it's more or less impossible to create a schedule correctly at the first time of asking. It's far too easy to miss something off or get something wrong, and all in all it's probably far more time consuming than it possibly could be. I think the track creator could be something to really make a big part of the next game too! I would love to create tracks. A quick look at GTA5's creator might be worthwhile. I understand this is a low budget game, but if you could just make the creator a blank canvas, and then just a simple list of props we can place where we want on that canvas, along with checkpoints..... Much simpler. The track creator has been pretty much broken since I started playing the game, but from what I've seen of it, it looks far more confusing than it probably needs to be.

Can't wait to see the finished game!

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Group 3 winner

qwsa wrote:
Hi,

I really love this time of the season when there are lots of 3 year old races, full of lightly raced horses, unbeaten horses and newcomers from big yards, where future stars can reveal themselves. I would love for starters orders to realistically capture this, it’s s point that’s been raised before, by me and others but I feel it’s worth saying again, as I think I have some ideas that could make it possible as the game is not far away from it already. With the pool size the game allows now it’s possible to have a similar number of horses in training to real life, this is great as it makes for the potential to be extremely realistic, however the game isn’t quite there for a few reasons, firstly, the age spread across the pool size doesn’t reflect real life, there should be a higher proportion of 2 and 3 year olds, and a smaller proportion of older horses, the stats for the numbers can be found on the bha website, so in order for the game to capture the types of races we see in real life around this time of year I think there needs to be a higher percentage of 2 and 3 year olds in the horse pool. Secondly, the best distance spread I think should be amended, with more horses at the mile to mile and a half distances than there are at the longer distances. Mark has mentioned that this will be different in so7, with the distance spread being determined by the number of races at each distance in the schedule, if this will be the case for the home nation and not only international horses that would be great!
Lastly, the point that has been mentioned most is about horses running too often, this takes away the chance to see fields of lightly raced horses because they have all ran too often, particularly the better horses it seems. I really hope this can be addressed in so7.

I hope I don’t come across as criticising, because I’m not, I love starters orders and feel it is so close to being able to represent real life almost perfectly, and if these things can be looked at in so7 I think it would go a long way to making the game even more realistic.

Thank you

I couldn't agree with you more. Excellent points well raised sir :D

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:45 pm
Group 3 winner

Am currently playing a jumps only game, stock schedule. I enjoy buying horses from sellers and claimers that have only run a couple of times or so, and , that have potential to go on an unbeaten streak. They don't have to be world beaters, just a little above the class that they win in. However, these horses are invariably rated about the 45 to 70 mark and there are very few races for them. I currently have about ten such horses in my string and it is nigh on impossible to get suitable races, I'm running 60 rated horses in 0-115 handicaps, so they are 2 stone wrong in the weights. Hope this gets sorted on the stock schedule in SO7, especially with the proposed huge increase in stable size, there has to also be sufficient races to choose from for all horses irrespective of their ability.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:27 pm
Group 2 winner

Are there any more updates regarding release date/new features?

Thu May 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark, let me know if you need any additional courses for SO7 - I can revamp any of my US courses for you to remove any notions of copyright if you need them.

Also, if you need any help on making schedules for SO7, feel free to give me a shout. I'm currently working on my last schedule file for SO6 which will be for every country in game and a few that I'm adding in (Kranji, Italy, Spain).

Thanks for all of your hard work - I'm hard pressed to find a game that has given me this much joy and has taken away as much time in my life as it has lol.

Sat May 12, 2018 5:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
Mark, let me know if you need any additional courses for SO7 - I can revamp any of my US courses for you to remove any notions of copyright if you need them.

Thanks for the offer. I have used a small number of user courses so far. I decided against using a user schedule for now as I am hoping this can be decided on possibly during the early access phase. For now I need to have a base for testing all the new code and this is easier if I stick to a lightly modded schedule only for now and build on it later once the race AI and related functions work (or at least work better than SO6).

Sat May 12, 2018 8:52 am
Group 3 winner

Nothing on any development thread from anyone for over a week. Has everyone given up :D . Any new updates Mark, any tentative date for release? Any new screenshots or maybe a short teaser trailer like Hollywood :D

Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm
Group 2 winner

Starting to worry a little about the lack of updates here, is there any news you can give us Mark?

Wed May 30, 2018 10:49 am
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
Starting to worry a little about the lack of updates here, is there any news you can give us Mark?

Why are you worrying Mark has posted a heck of alot of the features already. The game is at earliest not coming out for at
least 6 months + Mark has never once let us down I very much doubt he has packed it all in to do something else
SO7 will happen as always we have to remain patient.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I th Ughtvthe plan had been mid to late 2018, then it got pushed back to late 2018. If it’s at least 6 months away then we are looking at a 2019 release.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next