View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas 
Handicapper

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas
I think we could come up with suggestions for this game until we're blue in the face, the potential is huge but sadly the market just isn't there for it :( I still think Mark should talk to racing post and see if he can come up with a deal. I know they're a fan of the game.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 pm
Handicapper

Quote:
Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 pm
Re: Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas
Haha, i've done that Savio, for sure!! Although I started putting highly rated horses into sellers in the end, made them non-triers and lumped on the next best horse in the race pmsl. I actually received fines for non trying :lol: :lol: Shrewd

I think we've all done it. I did and after a couple of seasons I just found it really boring playing this kind of game and deleted the save profile. I enjoy "earning" my success fairly.
Ha ha your idea of fiddling in sellers has given me another idea for the game. If you receive too many fines for non trying then you get warned off for 10 years....you're forced to automate the game for that long. You could have a reputation bar and yours would be low/red/in tatters! :lol: When your 10 year ban is up, the bank will give you enough money to buy a couple of horses out of sellers and you have to rebuild your reputation so that owners will give you another chance. If you get caught again, you get a lifetime ban and the game is over. :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:00 pm
Handicapper

Quote:
Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 pm
I think we could come up with suggestions for this game until we're blue in the face, the potential is huge but sadly the market just isn't there for it :( I still think Mark should talk to racing post and see if he can come up with a deal. I know they're a fan of the game.

Racing has huge appeal and so does computer games. But there is probably only a small pool that enjoy BOTH. I love computer games, especially management style games and my fav game as a lad was Tracksuit Manger on the Commodore 64! :D I love/obsessed by horse racing so Starters Orders is the perfect game for me . I've seen how its evolved over the years to almost the perfect horse racing game. The aim now should be to tap into that football management pool of players, those who love that type of game but don't know anything about horse racing. Once they start playing the game and start learning about the intricacies of it all and enjoying it (which I sure they would) they might go on to find out more about real horse racing and become a fan of it. Its a win-win for everyone who loves horse racing and the SO series.

So, with this is mind another idea would be you could play as a rookie trainer and you get offered a choice of few struggling stables to manage. Of course, the horses housed at all these stables would be plating class and the facilities would be either run down or not even exist. If you do well with your modest string your stable owner/patron starts giving you a set amount of money so you can go out and spend it at the sales each season....you'd have to be ultra shrewd with the money you're given though or don't expect too much to spend the following season! :) It would be fun to play such a game, a game whereby you try and get to the top, starting at the very bottom. That first Cheltenham Festival would be super sweet...it might come in season 46 but it would be so sweet! :D

I think and I'd hope this style of game could attract those football management game lovers.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:28 pm
Handicapper

savio1978 wrote:
Quote:
Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Racing has huge appeal and so does computer games. But there is probably only a small pool that enjoy BOTH. I love computer games, especially management style games and my fav game as a lad was Tracksuit Manger on the Commodore 64! :D I love/obsessed by horse racing so Starters Orders is the perfect game for me . I've seen how its evolved over the years to almost the perfect horse racing game. The aim now should be to tap into that football management pool of players, those who love that type of game but don't know anything about horse racing. Once they start playing the game and start learning about the intricacies of it all and enjoying it (which I sure they would) they might go on to find out more about real horse racing and become a fan of it. Its a win-win for everyone who loves horse racing and the SO series.

So, with this is mind another idea would be you could play as a rookie trainer and you get offered a choice of few struggling stables to manage. Of course, the horses housed at all these stables would be plating class and the facilities would be either run down or not even exist. If you do well with your modest string your stable owner/patron starts giving you a set amount of money so you can go out and spend it at the sales each season....you'd have to be ultra shrewd with the money you're given though or don't expect too much to spend the following season! :) It would be fun to play such a game, a game whereby you try and get to the top, starting at the very bottom. That first Cheltenham Festival would be super sweet...it might come in season 46 but it would be so sweet! :D

I think and I'd hope this style of game could attract those football management game lovers.

I so agree with you. It would have been great if the game was like this.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:22 pm
Selling plater

Maybe it's already suggested, but it would be great that also harness (trotters) racing would be included in the game.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:28 pm
Handicapper

Juve wrote:
Maybe it's already suggested, but it would be great that also harness (trotters) racing would be included in the game.

I would definately love this. And it would also open the game for a whole new market. If this ever would be a possibility I would gladly help to provide info about races, schedules etc.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 pm
Group 1 winner

I'd LOVE a Harness Game. The market today definitely there - harness fans (and trainers & drivers too) play the live harness racing game Off And Pacing - definitely would like a Starter Orders Harness.

I made a few years ago a thoroughbred mod based on the harness schedule with all the big races, drivers, trainers, and tracks. Was fun, but definitely not the same.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi all, long time reader first time poster.

Really looking forward to SO7. Think some fantastic ideas have been posted on this thread so far.

My main suggestion for SO7 would be an option to mask the attributes of new horses to the yard. Especially the overall ability bar. I think it would add a really good dimension to the game if you have to run your horses on the gallops/at the races to figure out how good they are.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 am
Handicapper

Brookers Beech wrote:
Hi all, long time reader first time poster.

Really looking forward to SO7. Think some fantastic ideas have been posted on this thread so far.

My main suggestion for SO7 would be an option to mask the attributes of new horses to the yard. Especially the overall ability bar. I think it would add a really good dimension to the game if you have to run your horses on the gallops/at the races to figure out how good they are.

I like the idea of this in principal, but in practice it sounds like a nightmare when you have 50 new 2yos and you want to sort through them. Maybe their potential bars is estimated, rather than stated?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:55 pm
Selling plater

Having not played the game for a couple of years I picked it up again recently in anticipation of playing SO7 in the not too distant future.

What has mostly stood out for me is the race sequences. Graphically they look great but I still find the way the race develops tends to look very unrealistic. In particular the field rarely seems to run in a realistic 'pack'. You quite often see half the runners go off in one group and then there is a 2 or 3 length gap back to the other group.

Whilst I'm glad the breeding/simulation side of the game is the focus for SO7 I really hope the race mechanics can be tinkered with a bit - be it pre release or as an early patch.

Either way looking forward to seeing what the new game offers.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:25 am
Group 3 winner

Id like to see realistic odds, in the current game you see betting like 1/3 the fav and 66/1 every other runner. Should make the markets always have around 115-120% overround and take into account trainer stats for maiden races.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13