View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas 
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 Feature Request/Ideas
I for one also like the sound of a growth system for the trainers and jockeys. I think it would give the game even more longevity. But with or without this feature I still can't wait for SO7 to come out.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:31 am
Site Admin

It's been a while since I have been here so I'll just pick up on a couple of recent points.

Quote:
My main suggestion for SO7 would be an option to mask the attributes of new horses to the yard.

There is an option to hide horse stats. The only stats that remain will be the basic fitness/condition.

Quote:
In particular the field rarely seems to run in a realistic 'pack'.

This has been brought up a number of times. The average race should pack more I agree. There is a lot of race code regarding relative pace and jockey AI. Actually I have been looking at this recently. It will be improved but as I'm not finished I don't know to what degree.

Quote:
Has there been any word on the game having varying difficulties on certain jumps courses?

I'm not exactly sure what this means. Each fence has a difficulty rating that affects the horses chance of falling even in SO6. It could be that the effect needs looking at.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:48 am
Handicapper

Mark wrote:
It's been a while since I have been here so I'll just pick up on a couple of recent points.

Quote:
My main suggestion for SO7 would be an option to mask the attributes of new horses to the yard.

There is an option to hide horse stats. The only stats that remain will be the basic fitness/condition.

Quote:
In particular the field rarely seems to run in a realistic 'pack'.

This has been brought up a number of times. The average race should pack more I agree. There is a lot of race code regarding relative pace and jockey AI. Actually I have been looking at this recently. It will be improved but as I'm not finished I don't know to what degree.

Quote:
Has there been any word on the game having varying difficulties on certain jumps courses?

I'm not exactly sure what this means. Each fence has a difficulty rating that affects the horses chance of falling even in SO6. It could be that the effect needs looking at.

Hi Mark. While you're here, is there any chance of adding in a training planner for Manual Training mode? So I could plan in advance when my horses go to Medium/Light/Heavy training, as opposed to having to wait for the day and doing it myself? I would ideally like to be able to plan my horse's training schedules at the very start of the season, and then the game automatically adjusts the horses to what I have planned in for when I have planned, allowing me to just play and only make changes when necessary (such as injuries).

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:31 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Mark. While you're here, is there any chance of adding in a training planner for Manual Training mode? So I could plan in advance when my horses go to Medium/Light/Heavy training, as opposed to having to wait for the day and doing it myself? I would ideally like to be able to plan my horse's training schedules at the very start of the season, and then the game automatically adjusts the horses to what I have planned in for when I have planned, allowing me to just play and only make changes when necessary (such as injuries).

I'm not sure if that would work. You tend to change the training depending on the horses current fitness and condition levels so setting training in advance probably would be a bad idea and may end in the horse getting the wrong training intensity. The alternative is the simple training mode which basically gets rid of having to fiddle with training lots and probably does what you want.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:27 pm
Handicapper

Mark wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure if that would work. You tend to change the training depending on the horses current fitness and condition levels so setting training in advance probably would be a bad idea and may end in the horse getting the wrong training intensity. The alternative is the simple training mode which basically gets rid of having to fiddle with training lots and probably does what you want.

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for the response. In what I was suggesting you would still be able to adjust the training schedule when necessary, I just want something that is a lot less fiddily than what we have at the moment. If there was a mode halfway between manual and simple, that would be perfect. If there was a mode where you didn't have to train the horse manually, but its condition still deteriorated after racing through the season.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:48 pm
Group 1 winner

cabos wrote:
https://youtu.be/GWOSHoSRZGk

Please make reference to this Japanese game "Winning Post 2018" which I think is an excellent horse racing game. But the pity is in Japanese only.

The Japanese have always done horse racing games well. Winning Post and G1 Jockey have been great games in the past.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:48 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
cabos wrote:

Please make reference to this Japanese game "Winning Post 2018" which I think is an excellent horse racing game. But the pity is in Japanese only.

The Japanese have always done horse racing games well. Winning Post and G1 Jockey have been great games in the past.

It looks same old same GI Jockey to much chit chat from stable jockey/Trainer etc I got bored with this type of game due to this constant dialogue and its endless boring chit chat I rather get on with the game and race seems the same as old GI Jockey.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

simpleminds wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
cabos wrote:

It looks same old same GI Jockey to much chit chat from stable jockey/Trainer etc I got bored with this type of game due to this constant dialogue and its endless boring chit chat I rather get on with the game and race seems the same as old GI Jockey.

Not the place to talk about that but I've been playing it since 2016 while waiting for SO7, the last version is quite nice, and really playable even if you don't speak Japanese, you have options to remove 100% of the useless talkings.

Feel free to PM me if you need some info to get started on Winning Post.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:55 pm
Selling plater

Will the game be able to continue playing whilst the window is out of focus? (PC)
If a race is running in the window and I click into a browser window for example, the race freezes for the time the window is not in focus. Same with advancing multiple days to next entry etc....

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:25 pm
Selling plater

Mark wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the response. All I meant was do certain courses have more difficult fences than others. For instance places like Aintree obviously have stiffer fences (notably the National fences) and I was wondering if this was reflected in game. I just sometimes used to find the Grand National simulations featured very few if any fallers or unseats compared to S04 or S05.

Also a small question/request: is the mistake counter ever going to make a return as I really liked that feature in previous games, plus can horses still get brought down? I can't recall seeing it very often while playing S06.

Really excited for the upcoming BETA. Been playing since S03 and to have watched the game evolve over the years has been quite marvelous.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:49 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
For instance places like Aintree obviously have stiffer fences (notably the National fences) and I was wondering if this was reflected in game.

Aintree should have more fallers as that course (the National course) has it's own set of individual fences (rather than the generic set used elsewhere) and some of these are rated more difficult that the standard which should result in a higher percentage of falls and mistakes.

Quote:
can horses still get brought down?

On the brought down horses this is a good point. Come to think of it I have not noticed a brought down horse in a very long time. I just ran a quick test and there were two brought down horses in a jumps season so it does still happen but very often at all.

There have been a lot of AI adjustments to get jockeys to avoid running into other runners/fallers and pace adjustments and maybe this had an effect. Two in a season is not statistiscaly enough so I'll have a look at it.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi Mark Have you altered the Juvenile and Novice Races during the summer June onwards as in SO6 if I had put a Juvenile Hurdle Race in the schedule the race would have no runners and if I didn't enter any would be Void Races as we now get Juvenile 3yo races now from June I wonder if something in so6 programme stops horses 3yo or Novices being enter during summer months June, July and August because September the races have horses entered in them.

Gray

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Thats good news as far as the Grand National is concerned as there didnt seem to be much difference in casualties compared to a normal park course race.I was wondering about the new horse nama data base and weather we could add out own names to it,i know there are now 5 million unique names and that task would be way beyond my capabilities but i did a data base for S06 renameing almost all the 16076 list and was thinking would it be possible to carry those across,makeing sure there were no duplicates off course.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:55 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Mark Have you altered the Juvenile and Novice Races during the summer June onwards

Is this the jumps or combined schedule or both?

It could be it was related to the reworking of the jumping code that happened a few years ago. Some comprimised had to be made to get improvements working correctly.

Quote:
I was wondering about the new horse nama data base and weather we could add out own names to it

It's complicated because the majority of the names are generated from the fillies and colts files. This generation process takes hours and is dome by a utility here. It basicaly takes parts of each name and mixes them with others to create new names. So If you changed the colts or filles files you would have to check they don't exist in the much larger files in the _ndgen folder (in SO7).

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Quote:
Hi Mark Have you altered the Juvenile and Novice Races during the summer June onwards

Is this the jumps or combined schedule or both?

It could be it was related to the reworking of the jumping code that happened a few years ago. Some comprimised had to be made to get improvements working correctly.

It was in the Combined I only ever played the summer jumps in Combined but it could happen in Just NH Schedule as I end it in May I never did it through summer.

Gray

Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next