View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Minor Tweaks that would be appreciated - To Mark 
Group 3 winner

Post Minor Tweaks that would be appreciated - To Mark
I know I'm probably not alone, but could you make a windowed screen that would actually fit around the edges of the actual screen? I like recording data on my horses, and it's a PITA to have to hit the windows button every time, then move to the desktop and then record two items, then go back to the game, memorize 2 more pieces of data, and repeat. Windowed mode helps in that I can have excel open over the game, so I can see and record data at the same time. However, the windows for windowed mode are sooooo small that I can barely read them (I've tried them all). I am using a laptop and literally sitting the width of my keyboard away from the screen but am barely able to see what it says in windowed mode, I pity those who try to use it who need glasses. So can we get a windowed mode that fits the screen like any other maximized window, just with the start bar at the bottom? Please.

Also is there any way the information about the stats could be less vague? I have been playing since SO5 and still do not know with 100% clarity the differences between speed, cruising burst, and extra speed rating, and cruising burst. What EXACTLY do each of them do? Obviously they control different factors of speed, but what affects what? Is regular speed the top speed of your horse? Is cruising burst the cruising speed? But no, it can't be otherwise it wouldn't say "Burst", so does it control the difference between normal speed and whipping speed? But then what does Extra Speed Rating do? It says the "flat out" speed... so I assume that's the speed of your horse when being whipped... But again then, what does Cruising Burst do? Are these additives to the horses regular speed, or stand-alone factors? For example: Take a horse with a 10% full speed bar and a horse with a 100% full speed bar would a 100% Extra Speed Rating make them perform just as well at stretch drives (if that is what ESR even does) or would the horse with 100% regular Speed bar still do better?

Could you please maybe post something (since you know all of this as the developer) that says EXACTLY when a stat comes into play?

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:50 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Minor Tweaks that would be appreciated - To Mark
atiggerx33 wrote:
I know I'm probably not alone, but could you make a windowed screen that would actually fit around the edges of the actual screen? I like recording data on my horses, and it's a PITA to have to hit the windows button every time, then move to the desktop and then record two items, then go back to the game, memorize 2 more pieces of data, and repeat. Windowed mode helps in that I can have excel open over the game, so I can see and record data at the same time. However, the windows for windowed mode are sooooo small that I can barely read them (I've tried them all). I am using a laptop and literally sitting the width of my keyboard away from the screen but am barely able to see what it says in windowed mode, I pity those who try to use it who need glasses. So can we get a windowed mode that fits the screen like any other maximized window, just with the start bar at the bottom? Please.

Also is there any way the information about the stats could be less vague? I have been playing since SO5 and still do not know with 100% clarity the differences between speed, cruising burst, and extra speed rating, and cruising burst. What EXACTLY do each of them do? Obviously they control different factors of speed, but what affects what? Is regular speed the top speed of your horse? Is cruising burst the cruising speed? But no, it can't be otherwise it wouldn't say "Burst", so does it control the difference between normal speed and whipping speed? But then what does Extra Speed Rating do? It says the "flat out" speed... so I assume that's the speed of your horse when being whipped... But again then, what does Cruising Burst do? Are these additives to the horses regular speed, or stand-alone factors? For example: Take a horse with a 10% full speed bar and a horse with a 100% full speed bar would a 100% Extra Speed Rating make them perform just as well at stretch drives (if that is what ESR even does) or would the horse with 100% regular Speed bar still do better?

Could you please maybe post something (since you know all of this as the developer) that says EXACTLY when a stat comes into play?

Are you asking for these tweaks to be made to SO5?

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:25 am
Group 3 winner

Oh... oops. I accidentally put this in the wrong section :oops: I need to pay better attention. I meant to post it to the SO6 Tech Support thread. Sorry :(

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:26 am
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Oh... oops. I accidentally put this in the wrong section :oops: I need to pay better attention. I meant to post it to the SO6 Tech Support thread. Sorry :(

Moved to development discussion. It isn't a technical fault with the game, but a request for a change so it is better placed here.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:28 am
Group 3 winner

SuperCat wrote:
atiggerx33 wrote:

Moved to development discussion. It isn't a technical fault with the game, but a request for a change so it is better placed here.

Ahhh... makes sense. I'm exhausted and not thinking clearly :lol: . Thank you!

Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]