View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Any news of when League starting? 
Group 2 winner

Post Any news of when League starting?
Maybe sometime early 2015?

Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Any news of when League starting?
I'm not sure there's going to be one, Leon set it up last year and he's not been around for a long time. I'm not even sure there would even be enough interest in one. There only seem's to be a few of us talking about it.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Leon did pop back a few months ago John and was told the game wasn't ready for a league so I expect it will be around February if Mark gets the online League upload sorted and we might have to redo the schedule if trainers are keeping Race courses like Arcadia and all the other race track names.

Gray

Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

I will be competing whenever it is.

My horses are pretty poor though

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:33 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I'm not sure there's going to be one, Leon set it up last year and he's not been around for a long time. I'm not even sure there would even be enough interest in one. There only seem's to be a few of us talking about it.

....and only a few of you good enough at the moment :D :?

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:01 pm
Handicapper

after joining for the last league I was hooked instantly and will certainly be signing up for the next without any doubt ......I sincerely hope there is 1 as I found it took the game to a new level for me personally

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 pm
Group 1 winner

scrudley wrote:
after joining for the last league I was hooked instantly and will certainly be signing up for the next without any doubt ......I sincerely hope there is 1 as I found it took the game to a new level for me personally

I feel the same way scrudley. At some point (usually very quickly) one becomes the greatest trainer in the universe when playing against the game's AI. The league pits all us super trainers in game against each other and the competition is far beyond what the game AI can muster. I can create a racing and breeding empire in Starters Orders with my eyes closed at this point but when I race against other players in league I'm usually humbled very quickly.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 pm
Handicapper

absolutely Sirius I was lucky enough to have a few small winners and some placed efforts but was put in my place very quickly which to be honest only makes me more up for another go at it .......as someone that is useless on computers im in the hands of others so I will be sitting here with everything crossed hoping a league takes off !!!!

Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:10 am
Group 2 winner

My donkeys are getting withdrawal symptoms now!!

Their trainer is going mad waiting around for his next 0-60 AW flat win and 0-110 handicap hurdle win.

I appreciate the game is still in beta so we will need to wait for a while longer. The long wait will make the league even greater, I'm sure of that

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:42 pm
Group 2 winner

Can i ask does the league work the same way as RL and as normal game mode...
What i mean by this in game and of course IRL theres sellers/claimers and handicaps etc, or is the league just for group races ?.

Im thinking about entering the league for my first time but i would prefer if it was a RL scenario but computerised.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:48 am
Group 1 winner

No sellers or Claimers but lots of Handicaps aswell has group races also you now have the All weather Championship which are Handicap qualifiers for finals day these are designed for low graded horses in the league and you will find the races Realistic to the race schedule through the season you start with Maidens and winter Derby Meeting and in the jumps you start in September and end with the auteuil and summer jumping meetings in week13,

Gray

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:
No sellers or Claimers but lots of Handicaps aswell has group races also you now have the All weather Championship which are Handicap qualifiers for finals day these are designed for low graded horses in the league and you will find the races Realistic to the race schedule through the season you start with Maidens and winter Derby Meeting and in the jumps you start in September and end with the auteuil and summer jumping meetings in week13,

Gray

It is a cracking schedule, races for all standards of horse over all distances.

My horses last time were just game horses, which managed to pick up a handful of handicaps. So proof that you don't need superstars to be competitive going through the lower route.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:17 am
Group 2 winner

Thanks for that :) now i know to enter if the league will still go ahead.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]