View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Project Next Season 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Project Next Season
Grey? Grey you say, I'd take pink if it ran faster :)

Tue May 17, 2016 1:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Jesterlaugh wrote:
i'm sure it wasn't long ago it was you that said you had no greys didn't you m8?

yes but found a decent gamebred and seems to pass it on to about 90% of his offspring

Tue May 17, 2016 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

That will be dominate genetics rather than recessive :) not sure I have yet to commit the time too colour and running preference but it does seem to breed through, and I have to get rid of all these pedestrian drop out runners.

Tue May 17, 2016 4:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Love a front running grey :lol:

Tue May 17, 2016 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Just started to play again and was able to buy a 11/0/2 stallion from the auction with 100% potential, very high extra speed bar and 1ßß% finishing. Was very happy after all my installation trouble of the game. :wink:
But the most interesting 2yo auction buy was a filly with 100% Battlin Quality. Just put her at the barn with 3yo and awaiting her first foals next season, unfortunately her potential isn't max but hope the stallion can put the potential into the crop.
What do you think, is such high Battling a rare trait and does it make a difference!? Will try to get a get some nice horses together for the the next online league.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:49 am
Group 1 winner

I tend to consider it an additional nice to have, though it is not something I have a lot of in any of my breeding lines, and far as I can tell it keeps breeding out. The one decent horse I had with it and the other trimmings failed miserably on the flat was gelded and ended up an ok hurdle handicap/G3 novice league horse.

Wish I had breed him or saved him ungelded though with hindsight.

My breeding seems to be baby steps, every generation now I am finding something that gives me a minor improvement with one newbie 1.4 who strips 5 lengths off my old team. Potential, speed and crusing burst remain my key characteristics.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:12 am
Handicapper

Right now I've bred 3 foals out of 100% Battling Quality mare, the 1st colt had only 50% BQs top potential but never ran better than a Listed Win and was sold.
But the 2nd filly had 100% BQs and will go to barn after her 3yo career. I'm happy the 3rd foal is a colt with 100% BQs, did not run right now but he will be a stud for sure whether he will win Group races or not.
Beside this one of my first generation bred colts out of a bought G2 gemebred stallion and a gamebred mare has now with 5yo won his 27nd G1. Thought it lasts some more generations till they are so dominant!?
Looking forward to the online league.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

My project's not started yet. Unless I get my head sorted I'm for the taking next season. Gray have u changed any races over jumps, just need to know before I start breeding.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:55 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
My project's not started yet. Unless I get my head sorted I'm for the taking next season. Gray have u changed any races over jumps, just need to know before I start breeding.

Just the National distance added the new Mares Novices Hurdle at Cheltenham and a New Jumps Series for low handicapped horses one hurdlers and one chasers Series with the final on week 13 and sdome Maiden Races after Week five for Jumpers.

Gray

P.S

May add one or two flat races somewhere will check if any room

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Here are a Couple of horses that i hope will win some League Races Just started breeding again Slowly Jumps only will start a new game soon and use Pembroke Dock my best horse from Last season.

BeaconLight by Welsh Flash and Broken Glass ( Welsh Flash won in the league Last Season)

Combs Ditch By Spot The Difference And Pontypools Pride ( Spot The Difference Won 3 Times Last Season winning G2 H'Cap Hurdle)

Football Blues by Welsh Flash and Broken Glass ( Welsh Flash won in the league Last Season Same Parents has Beaconlight)

Jimmy The Jet Plane By At The Races And Jukebox Jive

Penygarn By Welsh Dragon And Penygarn Princess

Ruby Tuesday By Baron Blakeney And Broken Glass

Swansea Mile By St Cadoc And Street Art

Tenby By Spot The Difference And Kat Slater ( Spot The Difference Won 3 Times Last Season winning G2 H'Cap Hurdle)

Tentative Smile By Birds Nest And Primitive Singer

Gray

Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

woah! that's it for my chances then :)

Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Some nice prospects in there........note to self your gonna need a bigger boat :)

Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:03 am
Group 2 winner

Does anyone have a theory on inbreeding in this? Personally at the moment I've tried to avoid it, however in the past I've always just let them inbreed an this was back when I was being reasonably successful (probably SO4). I would let Parents breed with their good offspring. At the moment I'm working off getting as many very good unrelated Colts (Super studs if you will) into the lines with the very best, selected Mares. However, I'm not sure if the game goes this indepth for the breeding or not.

Given all horses are linked back to these 3 super studs back in the day in real life, I figured this must have some weight in the game. Anyone got any thoughts? I actually find that as Super Filly's are tougher to find in 'Game Breds', it could be these that are more important

Cheers Vinny

Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Used to avoid it for the sake of realism, less precious now as they seem to produce some very good horses but I mix it up to try and avoid the same sire/mare league rule more than anything else. Cannot say if there is a longer term deterioration.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9