View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Tom 
Handicapper

Post Re: Tom
horse name is destination so I doubt its that and I tried uploading another as well named stratosphere so again shouldn't be a problem but for some reason not letting me upload either ......doesn't help I'm a know nothing in the technology department !!!

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:34 pm
Handicapper

Kevcon wrote:
scrudley wrote:
hi lads not sure if this is a tech fault or not but I tried uploading a horse as the normal way and its saying I have illegal characters in the horses name .....unsure how to solve the problem is there somebody I can mail a screenshot to maybe they can tell me how to solve the problem cheers

What is the name of the horse? Afaik only alphabetical characters A-Z are allowed in horse names on TOM. I think there was a thread about this last season as a few trainers had used apostrophes in horse names and couldn't upload them.

i had that problem then just edited i'm to im on the export file name and was accepted :)

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:37 pm
Group 1 winner

scrudley wrote:
horse name is destination so I doubt its that and I tried uploading another as well named stratosphere so again shouldn't be a problem but for some reason not letting me upload either ......doesn't help I'm a know nothing in the technology department !!!

sorry I can't help mate, you will have to wait for Leon to have a check and see what's wrong.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Kevcon wrote:
To reset rating its 975 for flat and 10 for jumps.
If that doesn't work try 989 first to reset ratings to -

Thanks Kev.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Gray when are u going to do the ground for the first week.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Renaming a horse in the export file is just going to get the horse thrown out as the horse file won't match the name you have put in Tom.

Editing I'm to Im is going to cause a mismatch. When I find these horses I will removed them as the text files for the results won't parse. Mark said he fixed this so will check with him why the characters aren't getting stripped out

Scrudley if you have no apostrophes in the horse can you let me the know the exact name so I can check it. DO you perhaps have an apostrophe in your trainer name as that also won't work, but that is fixable transfer your horse into another game where the trainer doesn't have an apostrophe and then reexport

The race text files that are parsed for all the data to make Tom run cause all sort of problems if there are any apostrohpe's in the horse or trainers names. Until Mark uses something else for the race results and not text files apostrophes aren't allowed

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:54 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Gray when are u going to do the ground for the first week.

I wont be doing the ground no more John Leon is putting something into TOM to Automate the ground conditions I don't believe its done yet.

Gray

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
Renaming a horse in the export file is just going to get the horse thrown out as the horse file won't match the name you have put in Tom.

Editing I'm to Im is going to cause a mismatch. When I find these horses I will removed them as the text files for the results won't parse. Mark said he fixed this so will check with him why the characters aren't getting stripped out

Scrudley if you have no apostrophes in the horse can you let me the know the exact name so I can check it. DO you perhaps have an apostrophe in your trainer name as that also won't work, but that is fixable transfer your horse into another game where the trainer doesn't have an apostrophe and then reexport

The race text files that are parsed for all the data to make Tom run cause all sort of problems if there are any apostrohpe's in the horse or trainers names. Until Mark uses something else for the race results and not text files apostrophes aren't allowed

Leon the horse names that I have tried are Destination and also Stratosphere I haven't changed my trainer name so I'm player 1 which was fine for the last season theres no apostrophies or anything in any of my horses names at all

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:54 am
Group 1 winner

can you send me the files to leonvanrensburg at yahoo dot com and what is your trainer name in game so I can run some tests

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:23 am
Group 1 winner

Boys I got a horse called Serious Attitude but tom wont let her in, I had a horse with the same name in season 2. Can I put her in?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Selling plater

I have entered my horses ok, except when I try to enter Storm Trooper B which I raced last season. When I try to enter the horse this season TOM tells me it is already entered. Yet it is not in my list of Flat horses. Thanks Gavin Houston

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 am
Group 1 winner

I am unable to log into TOM. Can I please get a new password?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:43 am
Group 2 winner

I think someone has already asked this but how can you view last seasons horses as I might bring a couple back.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
I think someone has already asked this but how can you view last seasons horses as I might bring a couple back.

Once you have uploaded a horse, go to the trainers tab and click on your trainer name to view your current stable. Above this you should see:

Stable 1 2 3 4 5

Click on the 4 to see your horses from last season.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:46 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
I am unable to log into TOM. Can I please get a new password?

sorry Sirius you will have to wait for Leon he's still working on a couple of things.

Gray

Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next