View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Volunteers For Online League 
Group 1 winner

Post Volunteers For Online League
Hi Guys had some bad news today so posting here early so we can get it sorted will try and post a E-mail Via Tom also.

1. Need Two Race Runners (Important League can't run without them ) Must have good Graphics doesn't need to run races on Full but still need to run without FPS Below 50)
2. NH Handicapper

The most important is a race runner at the moment i have two race runners three with me one of the Guys PC has gone and doesn't know if he be able to get it fixed we cannot run the races with just 3 runners although i need 2 we will get away with at least 1 Volunteer if you are unsure you will be able to run races but would like to try let me know i can organise something for you to test with.

Also anyone who would like to Commentate on races let me know.

Gray

Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Volunteers For Online League
Is everyone alright !

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:27 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Is everyone alright !

I am OK John and looking forward to next season. If you are OK, it must be Kev who is having problems.

Anyone who wants to be a racerunner, don't be put off by it seeming to be complicated. It is easy to do once you get the hang of it.

Gray puts the horses for each race in dropbox, so all you have to do is copy the horses for a race from dropbox to you computer, run a race using the racekit, (it works almost the same as running races in the CK), copy the horse files back to dropbox along with the video and data files of the race.

You need two extra programs, dropbox and OBS studio, (it records the races at the push of a button), both are free to download.

I made a balls of it my first week and had to re-run some of the races, but Gray is very understanding of Newbies and willing to help anyone out. I am willing to help anyone who wants to give it a go and I am sure John will help as well.

When I first started as a racerunner, all I had was a computer with an I3 processor and built in graphics. All I did was turn off all the parts of SO6 that you don't need like realistic weather, the big screen and shadows and set aliasing to either none or 2 and I found that the races would run between 50 - 55 fps and that seemed to be good enough quality.

Please think about giving it a go so the league can go ahead.

Jim

p.s. I am quite good at explaining computer stuff to people, I was a computer lecturer before I retired and if you are willing to give racerunning a go, I will email you my phone number and will talk you thru the various steps.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 pm
Group 1 winner

My desktop solution is the same as last time so I suspect I'll hit the same security issues, though I have now added a high spec laptop into my toy collection, not run with Norton. Could use this, though my main reservation is the time commitment. What days and how long start to finish to run the races record and upload from experience?

Josh

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 pm
Group 1 winner

[quote="Githyanki"]My desktop solution is the same as last time so I suspect I'll hit the same security issues, though I have now added a high spec laptop into my toy collection, not run with Norton. Could use this, though my main reservation is the time commitment. What days and how long start to finish to run the races record and upload from experience?

you will get 10 at most 8 if we get 4 runners of each code Josh so say 20 the Flat races can take up to a hour if you get the long races stayers etc the Jumps about a Hour and half then it depends what races you get if you get Mondays races then Saturday evening Latest has the races will be commentated by Doug UK Early Sunday Morning most runners have them done by Saturday Night some run Races Friday evening you get them around 7PM in Drop box on Friday so the guys run what they can Friday night but you can run them through Saturday.

Gray

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Hi Josh

As a Newbie racerunner last season, I found that the first 2 or 3 weeks took me about 3 -4 hours as I tended to be more cautious and pedantic, taking more time so that I did everything correctly. When I was more confident, the races were easily done inside 3 hours. I expect I could do them even quicker if I didn't stop for so may fag and coffee breaks.

If Gray gave you Wednesday races to run, you would have a little more time to run the races and could stretch out the time needed to run the races.

I am quite happy to run Mondays races on a Friday night, so Wednesdays races could be run on a Saturday night and still give the commentators plenty of time to add the audio.

Jim

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:35 pm
Handicapper

Happy to commentate where possible. I'll be involved this year for sure. Glad to see this place thriving still :)

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 am
Group 1 winner

Redeyez wrote:
Happy to commentate where possible. I'll be involved this year for sure. Glad to see this place thriving still :)

Cool - one more commentator would be great :-)

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:05 am
Group 1 winner

I will struggle to make a firm commitment to that time on a weekly basis, too many fishing trips that wipe out whole weekends, but I am happy to run some where I can. If you want to mail me the Dropbox link to the racekit I can test if the laptop is up to snuff.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am
Selling plater

I would love to join the online league , but I would need help setting it up as I'm quite new to computers but if someone could give me some advice I'm in .... my stable I'd called suffolk downs ...... thanks again for any help Jules

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Jules hughes wrote:
I would love to join the online league , but I would need help setting it up as I'm quite new to computers but if someone could give me some advice I'm in .... my stable I'd called suffolk downs ...... thanks again for any help Jules

Watch this Jules it will show how to export your horses - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKFSxSw74QY&t=349s

Any Questions just ask.

Gray

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Jules hughes wrote:

U must be American with a stable called Suffolk Downs.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 pm
Selling plater

How many races would you need someone to run? I could do a couple of hours worth but couldn't commit to anything that'll take 4/5 hours a night. the chopping and editing side will be easy (my degree final will be useful for something >.<)

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:54 pm
Group 2 winner

The number of races varies slightly from week to week, usually 16 - 18 races. Half are flat races and half are National Hunt races.

The horses for the races are uploaded about 7pm on a Friday night. Normally I run run my allotment of races on Friday night and Saturday afternoon and Saturday night. It takes a little longer in the first week or two until you get the hang of what you are doing, but I now run all my races in a total of 3 hours spread over the two days.

You could run all your races at one sitting or spread the 3 hours over the two days, whatever suits you best.

There is no editing of races, Gray puts the horses for each race in dropbox, so all you have to do is copy the horses for a race from dropbox to you computer, run a race using the racekit, (it works almost the same as running races in the CK), copy the horse files back to dropbox along with the video and data files of the race.

You need the Racekit (which is really an add-on to SO6) and two extra programs, dropbox (used to share the horse files over the internet) and OBS studio, (it records the races at the push of a button), both are free to download.

Gray made a video of the proceedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQKlOZl ... UTaoUuBcTC

It does seem complicated when you first begin, but after a week or two it is really a very simple process.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Rather annoyingly whatever stops the racekit running on my desktop seems to apply to my laptop also, same directx spirit shader error. So it is not norton blocking it, maybe something on my windows profile that is the same on both machines but it is beyond my IT skills to figure out.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next