View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Decent week for me, though not without some disapointment, that I have just caught up on. The Wraith was the highlight in the Hennesey laid down her Gold Cup credentials with a great run.

Not sure what this week will bring, chucked the entries in whilst crusing down the river with next to no signal................ :)

Best run some races now.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Decent week for me, though not without some disapointment, that I have just caught up on. The Wraith was the highlight in the Hennesey laid down her Gold Cup credentials with a great run.

Not sure what this week will bring, chucked the entries in whilst crusing down the river with next to no signal................ :)

Best run some races now.

Where have u been !

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:08 pm
Group 2 winner

Finally get to catch up. Quite a good week but frustrating as well. Got my first nh win of the season courtesy of an old gamebred stalwart, Vanguard Dream, who won his 3rd 2m5f chase at Cheltenham. I think I now know what his optimum course and distance is!
The frustrating side was 5 seconds and quite few others in the money, a case of so near....
Congrats to all winners.
Darren

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Little escape with the missus up to the Norfolk Broads. Which coincidentally happens to be very good pike and feeder fishing waters :) not that I got much done.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Not the best of opening days for me, Tobeor Nottobe was good for his win but the rest was bad luck, bad entries, crappy racekit woe, plain disappointment and a smidgen of downright not good enough.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:41 am
Group 1 winner

5 Wins for me 3 on the flat & 2 over the sticks

Dougs Fuzzy Screen
wow had to work hard to win the Juddmonte International was not sure he would stay the extra
half furlong but he did and is now 3 wins from 3 starts including 2 G1 wins id say Irish Champion
Stakes next great comms Doug I can tell you were proud of him lets hope he can keep the run going.

Edwina Curry
Got her second win of the season and her first group win she did that smartly

Alexander The Great
At long last gets off the mark and in group company too not too sure where we go next
with him a toss up between him and South Carolina to run in the Arc.

Classique
Bags her second grade 2 novice chase of the season and her 3rd win.

Born Angel
Dead heated in the grade 2 Cleeve hurdle to break her maiden tag i guess after that she
has to take her chance in the world hurdle next week.

Congrats to the winners & placers
thanks to the team
great comms as always

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It was a good win and an exciting win. Marty's horse was unlucky.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 pm
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
It was a good win and an exciting win. Marty's horse was unlucky.

Mine got a dream run for the first time this season, just beaten by a better horse. Congrats PJ

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:40 pm
Group 2 winner

No winners at all on day one but some pleasing runs on the flat all the same. Laughing Wolf doesn't look like he will make the grade for the St Leger but he is a monster stayer at 4 so will be back next season. Hopefully will get into the Cesarewich or Melbourne Cup with a decent weight in the next few weeks. Phoenix Rising is an enigma, 2nd in one of those hot maidens in week 1, out with the washing every week since in some pretty low grade races too. This week got thrown into Group 1 Juddmonte International as no other race for him and comes through like a train for 4th and £37,500 prize money. Marching Powder just got caught on the line but ran well for 2nd. Russian Foxbat up in class after last weeks win didn't work, back down in grade seems best. Purple Records ran well in 6th and needs further.

As for the NH, well I appear to be pretty useless here. Still just the two wins all season and my main hopes have been a real let down. Melancholy Way easily my best 'in game' chaser failed to complete again as did Tamara Champlin. Not looking good for Cheltenham for me next week.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Blank day, though I had low expectations from the card and a series of poorly considered entries.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Well - I had my best result for 3 seasons in the hunt today with a 2nd :-) lol and if it didn't bungle a couple of jumps.....one badly, it would have won - but I'll take the second!
Martin did well in the hunt and congrats on another winner and unlucky not to have had a double!
Bad luck to Sirius Chill with his horse being DQ'ed - a rattler of a finish....sadly there was interference there....not sure it was enough to change the result though.

Oh and a good win to Dirty Prawn - Wikus van de Merwe would have been proud :-)

Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:06 am
Group 1 winner

3 winners today 1 on the flat 2 over the sticks

Mind your Manners not for the first time this season hit very lucky with John's horse
getting totally boxed in Mind is a Multiple G1 winner now and is certainly the luckiest
horse of all time.

Prisoner Cell Block H Very versatile horse won a bumper chase and now a hurdle race
did that well in the Imperial Cup carrying top weight I have no idea which race she will run in
at Cheltenham.

Casement Park at last got off the mark in the hero's handicap 20 of my 30 NH squad are now
race winners. Casement Park is qualified for the Pertemps Final and id say he will go there next.

Congrats to the winner and placers
thanks to the team & great comms as always

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nothing Monday, but a couple of winners yesterday, with "King Desire" picking up a good hurdle win and will go to the Coral Cup at Cheltenham next week.

"Dirty Prawn" come home nicely for a small handicap, as most of my sprinters are hold-up horses, they need small fields but he picks up wins at 3 & 4yo so glad he came back.

The rest so far in the hunt have kept their ratings down, which of course was the plan :wink: to raid the Chelts handicaps next week, like most people the stable gets trialed at Cheltenham so hopeful. "GreyemKay" goes to defend the Kim Muir Handicap from last year & will be well in.

NPG319 wrote:
Oh and a good win to Dirty Prawn - Wikus van de Merwe would have been proud :-)

Thanks Doug, small fields and he's a monster, my fave horse. (Have you seen Sharlto in the movie "Free Fire" mad as a hatter film)

Martin, the field sizes on the flat have been an issue since SO1 :lol: in the league, always thought it would be good to see the draw before running as I would pull 75% of my runners. With or without a bend unless you have a front runner who's drawn wide, you haven't got a hope most of the time, not sure there is an answer to this, divisions of handicaps ?? but the team including yourself already have enough to do each week, let alone increase the amount of races per week to try and combat.

Fingers crossed improved Jockey AI in S07 may help.

Thanks to all who take part, the team, trainers and horses :wink:

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:53 am
Group 1 winner

I think divisions need to be looked at in the future. From a race calling point of view - an extra flat race or two to call is no drama for me.
Not sure what field size number you would use to install an extra heat - 18????
But this could well become an issue if the league keeps growing.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 am
Group 1 winner

3 seconds this week and one devastating DQ. Hawk The Slayer showed that powerful late kick of his to just get up for the win - only to be taken down. :x :x :x

It reminded me of what to ask Mark for in the next game - Fix the DQ dynamic so that when you are disqualified you are placed behind the horse you interfered with and not dead last. I've always hated that the game does that. Congrats to Colin Clarke on the gift win I gave him. :lol: :shock: :? :cry: :( :wink:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 120  Next