View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Jims New Silks 

Should I Change To More Traditional Silks?
Poll ended at Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:45 am
Change Boots & Leggings 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Change Just Boots 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't Change Silks 79%  79%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 14

Jims New Silks 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Jims New Silks
Thanks for the positive reaction to my silks.

I don't know if there will be another season for SO6, but if there is another season and trainers are agreeable, I am willing to have a go at creating silks for each trainer.

It may become too complicated to do all trainers, but we can see how things go.

There may be a set of silks created by yourselves or others that are available for download, send me links to these colours and I will co-ordinate how they are included in the game. Make sure any links work. The links for Steves colours that Gray included above don't work. If they did work, it may have saved a lot of design problems for me.

Solid colours are easy, single stripes and one large square\circle\star shape is OK but smaller shapes I find harder to do.

The best way to get the exact colour you want is to use the Paint program that comes with windows and draw 3 squares with the colours you want. One square for the hat, one for the body and one for the sleaves. It may help if you include a brief description of what you expect the silks to look like.

You can email the colours as an attachment to jims.forums At btinternet.com

AS I have said above, this idea may become too complicated or maybe it is not wanted by trainers, but it is just a possibilty of the way forward. Hopefully, trainers don't all pick the same coloured silks.

Do we want to have different coloured leggings and boots, or is that going overboard.

Any new silks will only show up in a new saved game, so if you play a single long game, new silks are not much good to you.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:18 am
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
Thanks for the positive reaction to my silks.

I don't know if there will be another season for SO6, but if there is another season and trainers are agreeable, I am willing to have a go at creating silks for each trainer.

It may become too complicated to do all trainers, but we can see how things go.

There may be a set of silks created by yourselves or others that are available for download, send me links to these colours and I will co-ordinate how they are included in the game. Make sure any links work. The links for Steves colours that Gray included above don't work. If they did work, it may have saved a lot of design problems for me.

Solid colours are easy, single stripes and one large square\circle\star shape is OK but smaller shapes I find harder to do.

The best way to get the exact colour you want is to use the Paint program that comes with windows and draw 3 squares with the colours you want. One square for the hat, one for the body and one for the sleaves. It may help if you include a brief description of what you expect the silks to look like.

You can email the colours as an attachment to jims.forums At btinternet.com

AS I have said above, this idea may become too complicated or maybe it is not wanted by trainers, but it is just a possibilty of the way forward. Hopefully, trainers don't all pick the same coloured silks.

Do we want to have different coloured leggings and boots, or is that going overboard.

Any new silks will only show up in a new saved game, so if you play a single long game, new silks are not much good to you.

I wont mind it because I could have my colours, I've got them already. I've done over a 100 colours but I didn't do the little ones.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm
Group 2 winner

If anyone has designed their own silks and wants to use them in the league, send them to Jim at the jims.forums AT btinternet.com

I will need to co-ordinate with the other racerunners just how the new silks will be incorporated into their games.

The idea I was toying with is there are 82 sets of silks that are standard in SO6. I will add your silks to the bottom of the list. My silks are number 83, Dougs new silks are 84. The next persons will be 85 etc..

It idea doesn't work if you just amend a standard set of silks as everyone who chooses say number 37 gets the same silks.

I will send back the silks with the correct number assigned to the silks. Each trainer would then use the number of the silks assigned to them.

Jim

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Sent my Silks Jim Ready for next Season but may have new uploads with them in the window.

Gray

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Jim the folder u sent me with u colours in I've sent back to u with my colours in , its number 6 but u don't have to change anything because they are the same colours in game just much better and brighter. I've also sent u the silks folders I made years ago. :D

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:12 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Jim the folder u sent me with u colours in I've sent back to u with my colours in , its number 6 but u don't have to change anything because they are the same colours in game just much better and brighter. I've also sent u the silks folders I made years ago. :D

Recieved your race silks.

Do you have bmp folder (contains pictures of the silks) to go with all those silk colours you sent me.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

Recieved your race silks.

Do you have bmp folder (contains pictures of the silks) to go with all those silk colours you sent me.

Sadly Jim I didn't know how to change them when I done them , it people wanted to use some of them then I'd do them.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:58 am
Group 1 winner

After reading Taunton's post just below this one - it resonates with me that I really think for the league in the future that we need to -

A) Be able to at least manually change silks in TOM. (either just Gray or Leon or a nominated person OR all trainers can)
B) A silks register where each train registers their silks for the league to avoid clashes and a time limit on holding those colours. You can miss a season but if you haven't uploaded horses
for a second season in a row, you lose 'ownership' of the silks/colours.
C) Either one set of silks per trainer or at the most one set per flat and hunt stable. (personally I'd lean towards one set per trainer).
D) All silks must be distinctive from another either by colours or design and a need to avoid similarities/clashes.

I just feel with SO7 under 12 months away and the league having never been in such a healthy, harmonious and organised state, that now is a good time to start trailing, organising and making sensible changes that will make the league look more professional for the arrival of the SO7 League and hopefully attract more new league trainers.
At the end of the day it is us league players/trainers that can, and only us, advance it.

Doug

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:50 am
Group 2 winner

John Morgan (Ghostzapper) has created the colour palettes for silks below. We don't have pictures for all of the silks, but I have included a few at the bottom and hopefully you can use your imagination to picture what they look like.

If anyone wants to use any of Johns' silks just tell me the number and if they are on the first or second page and I will assign the silks to you and email a copy to be added to your game.

Here are some colour palettes and what they would look like as silks. You can have stars, sqaures, cirles, stripes, hoops on both the silk body and the sleaves. You can also customise the helmets with various patters.

If anyone wants to try designing colours for themselves, the jockey body palettes and jockey faces are in c:\program files (86)\starters orders 6\3D\race\jockeys and the pictures of the silks and helmets are in c:\program files (86)\starters orders 6\gfx\tables\bmp

If you are going to try designing for yourselves, make a copy of the jockeys folder and bmp folder before you start, so if things go wrong, you can copy the originals back again.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:39 am
Group 2 winner

I have been corresponding with Gray about new silks and he has come up with the idea of putting a welsh dragon on his silks. They are not perfect yet, but I hope Gray doesn't mind me showing you another possibilty in silk design.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
I have been corresponding with Gray about new silks and he has come up with the idea of putting a welsh dragon on his silks. They are not perfect yet, but I hope Gray doesn't mind me showing you another possibilty in silk design.

Carry on Jim I have patent on these Silks JOHN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gray

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Wannabe wrote:

Carry on Jim I have patent on these Silks JOHN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gray

LOL

Gray I would only want ghostzapper or Weinstock ( sun princess) colours, I've improved the games version of them to stand out :D :D

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:45 pm
Group 3 winner

Jim
i want pretty pink colour silks
like y d 12
anychance
Del

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:08 am
Group 2 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
Jim
i want pretty pink colour silks
like y d 12
anychance
Del

No problem Del. I need your email address. Just drop me an email at jims.forums AT btinternet.com and I will email the silks back to you, along with instructions on what to do to use them.

Jim

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:00 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
After reading Taunton's post just below this one - it resonates with me that I really think for the league in the future that we need to -

A) Be able to at least manually change silks in TOM. (either just Gray or Leon or a nominated person OR all trainers can)
B) A silks register where each train registers their silks for the league to avoid clashes and a time limit on holding those colours. You can miss a season but if you haven't uploaded horses
for a second season in a row, you lose 'ownership' of the silks/colours.
C) Either one set of silks per trainer or at the most one set per flat and hunt stable. (personally I'd lean towards one set per trainer).
D) All silks must be distinctive from another either by colours or design and a need to avoid similarities/clashes.

I just feel with SO7 under 12 months away and the league having never been in such a healthy, harmonious and organised state, that now is a good time to start trailing, organising and making sensible changes that will make the league look more professional for the arrival of the SO7 League and hopefully attract more new league trainers.
At the end of the day it is us league players/trainers that can, and only us, advance it.

Doug

Well said, Doug. This suggestions will definitely take the league a step forward.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next