View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Hunt Pull Ups 
Group 1 winner

Post Hunt Pull Ups
The 3 Amigos were chewing the fat about horses being pulled up in the Hunt.
Probably it is random and a good chance there is a bug.

BUT

Could it have something to do with lower Enthusiasm and/or Distance Adaptability bars?????

Beyond 3 miles if a horse has a lower Distance Adaptability bar maybe it has a narrow window for either side of its optimum distance?

Could it be the same with Enthusiasm? If things aren't going right the horse has a higher chance to throw in the towel? Especially if it's coupled up with a low Distance Adaptability?

We all know what the Quirk bar can do in the league and single player game and keeping that in mind, because the League standard is so much higher than our single player game - could it be that the 'pull up issue' get's hidden and not noticed because our horses are generally that much better than the AI that pull ups don't really happen as much?

What do you think?

Doug

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:08 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Hunt Pull Ups
All my horses have a 100% distance adaptability bar and about 50% enthusiasm bar.

I have run races within the main game and in the CK with at least 10 of my horses in the field and they have still been pulled-up.

I have tried giving horses specific instructions on how to run in the race to see if that makes a difference, (even pace, don't trail, race handy etc..). The same horse with a race handy instruction never seems to be pulled up because he is running near the front of the field, but if I give the same horse a slight hold-up instruction, he runs at the back of the field and usually gets pulled-up.

From my point of view, with my horses, the race handy instruction stops them from being pulled-up, but unfortuneatly, when they race handy, my horses run out of steam in the final couple of furlongs because they are not natural front runners.

I don't get many pull-ups in the league, I don't get may long distance winners either, but most of my horses get around the track because they naturally want to run in the middle of the pack of horses.

Jim

p.s.

When I trial my horses in the CK, I have 5 horses that have been given the specific instruction to Hold-Up. I include these horses in each trial race and they get pulled-up and leave most of my other horses to run as they want.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am
Group 1 winner

Also all have 100% distance adaptability, and usually 60%+ enthusiasm. My theory is much simpler, it is all just luck, good and bad and no more complicated than that :)

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Personally I think it is a random thing.
You all know my horses make up numbers in the hunt - I have had many horses tailed off that still finish the race.
I don't understand it beside it being random.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:38 pm
Group 2 winner

There is something in the coding at 3m+ races that allocates a certain amount of non finishers, a quota if you like.
1) Run a trial race at 3m and there will be horses pulled up, race the exact same group of horses at 2m7f and the pull ups do not occur.
2) The reason I believe that there is a quota to be filled is that it does not happen in the Grand National as there have been lots of fallers prior to the first pull up point (10f from the finish) and usually more horses suffer over hurdles due to the lack of fallers.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
There is something in the coding at 3m+ races that allocates a certain amount of non finishers, a quota if you like.
1) Run a trial race at 3m and there will be horses pulled up, race the exact same group of horses at 2m7f and the pull ups do not occur.
2) The reason I believe that there is a quota to be filled is that it does not happen in the Grand National as there have been lots of fallers prior to the first pull up point (10f from the finish) and usually more horses suffer over hurdles due to the lack of fallers.

Makes sense that there may be a quota. Hopefully (and if this is the case) that Mark makes the quota smaller for SO7.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]