View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:21 am



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Good Rating for Online League Flats 
Author Message
Selling plater

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:42 am
Posts: 24
Post Good Rating for Online League Flats
I feel like such a newbie(which I kind of am) but I really want to get into th eleague but just don’t know what level my horses need to be at. I have 3 horses with a 138, 137, and 136 handicap rating exported but I’m not sure this is good enough, if someone could give me a good number to shoot for before next season that would be so amazing!

Edit: they are all 3 year old horses.


Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:56 pm
Profile
Group 3 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:29 am
Posts: 532
Location: Warwickshire
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
In game ratings don't really make that much difference. I have had 140 flat horses with multiple group wins finish out with the washing and similarly had 115 horses winning 0-110 Handicaps. It seems totally random as to which ones go well in league.

I would suggest racing your best against each other in the CK and then loading as many as you can into the league for the rest of this season. There is a transfer in period in a week or so. This will give you an idea where you are at the minute and which horses to concentrate your breeding on for next season.

Be prepared though as your horses will probably be beaten by a long way at first. Don't get disheartened the handicap marks go up and down quite quickly so you will soon be competitive in the lower handicaps. Don't fall into trap, like most including myself. of entering the big races straight off. Put them in the lowest grade races you can get them in. Once you get the thrill of a league winner you won't care whether its a 0-60 seller or The Derby !

Don't wait until next season though, load as much as you can when window opens and use rest of season as a learning curve. Then you can be competitive from the off next season.

_________________
Websites: https://martinleedham.wordpress.com/ - Music Reviews and The (not so) Daily Racing Page
https://rateyourmusic.com/~MartinLeedham

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk


Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1243
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
Wholeheartedly agree, my first season was from a week 6 join and I got destroyed for the most part.


Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Profile
Selling plater

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:42 am
Posts: 24
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
Lordedaw wrote:
In game ratings don't really make that much difference. I have had 140 flat horses with multiple group wins finish out with the washing and similarly had 115 horses winning 0-110 Handicaps. It seems totally random as to which ones go well in league.

I would suggest racing your best against each other in the CK and then loading as many as you can into the league for the rest of this season. There is a transfer in period in a week or so. This will give you an idea where you are at the minute and which horses to concentrate your breeding on for next season.

Be prepared though as your horses will probably be beaten by a long way at first. Don't get disheartened the handicap marks go up and down quite quickly so you will soon be competitive in the lower handicaps. Don't fall into trap, like most including myself. of entering the big races straight off. Put them in the lowest grade races you can get them in. Once you get the thrill of a league winner you won't care whether its a 0-60 seller or The Derby !

Don't wait until next season though, load as much as you can when window opens and use rest of season as a learning curve. Then you can be competitive from the off next season.


Thank you so much, all of this is really helpful. I get a lot of low 130 horses so I’ll start exporting them as well!


Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:34 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1243
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
The key to league success at any level as Martin suggested is trialing your horses once exported in the CK. I cannot stress this enough. Game form does not reflect league form. You may find your 125 runner up is better than your unbeated triple crown monster when tested in the CK.


Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1243
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
Additionally make sure you export at the peak of fitness and ideally not at the end of a long racing season, fit and fresh is what your after, as the exports are static when in the league.


Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:47 pm
Profile
Handicapper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 am
Posts: 260
Location: Melbourne Australia
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
Welcome to the League CRDC

I had my start at the mid-season upload window last season so a say "Go For It". :D

If you havent already i suggest you read my best selling, work of art "Guide to joining the League". :lol: :lol:
http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16901

Cheers


Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 pm
Profile
Selling plater

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:42 am
Posts: 24
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
Jango wrote:
Welcome to the League CRDC

I had my start at the mid-season upload window last season so a say "Go For It". :D

If you havent already i suggest you read my best selling, work of art "Guide to joining the League". :lol: :lol:
http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16901

Cheers

I have Jango and it was very helpful :D I've also watched some winning times now and think I have a good chance to win some races!


Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:40 pm
Profile
Group 3 winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:22 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Fife, Scotland
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
Don't judge how good your horses are on winning times.

The guys who run the races for the online league all have different computers and winning times are very much linked to how fast the computer is that the races are run on.

Some racerunners will have computers with I3 processors and some will have computers with I7 processers and advanced graphics processers and loads of ram.


Most newcommers to the league find the big group races are too difficult to win but if they aim for some of the handicap races they have a chance of winning races.


Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:22 am
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:03 am
Posts: 3705
Location: Wales
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
CRCD is u are the one I was talking to on the facebook horse racing forum then enter some horses and get involved. :D


Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:17 pm
Profile
Handicapper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 am
Posts: 260
Location: Melbourne Australia
Post Re: Good Rating for Online League Flats
Wannabe wrote:
Don't judge how good your horses are on winning times.

The guys who run the races for the online league all have different computers and winning times are very much linked to how fast the computer is that the races are run on.

Some racerunners will have computers with I3 processors and some will have computers with I7 processers and advanced graphics processers and loads of ram.


Most newcommers to the league find the big group races are too difficult to win but if they aim for some of the handicap races they have a chance of winning races.


It is true that the times can vary depending on the PC specs but without any other way to gauge the level of your horses it can be a rough guide to know if you have donkeys or Handicap runners.
I did this before this season and i think it helped. BUT, there are many other factors that matter more than the PC specs, like the type of pacemaker in your trials and the other horses running.
For example some of my horses ran faster than the fastest Group One winning times and still now only finish mid field.
I tried some tests between my Wife's crappy old laptop and my super games PC and any differences in race times were absorbed by the variability of the CK.

As you have said, i think no matter what times your horses are running in the single player game the Group races will present a huge, if not impossible challenge for any new trainers.
At least for the Flats you need maxed out stats just to have any hope at all.

So CRDC keep your expectations low and then any wins will be a pleasant surprise.


Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:47 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.