View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:01 am



Reply to topic  [ 1517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 102  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Author Message
Group 1 winner

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:39 am
Posts: 2244
Location: South Australia
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Quote:
export is a game function as is a yearly import and schedule changes for those that use them, these are design features of the game engine itself, so I find being branded a cheat a little harsh.

I can see no problem taking a horse from an Australian game to an American game - it's just like real life.


Quote:
But all of this is as academic as it has always been when discussed here, it is too late to undo the breeding many have undertaken

Exactly.

Quote:
Splitting the league to give access to win group1 races to those who choose to play the game this way or that way and tearing the league in half in the process will be the end of it in my opinion

I don't agree.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:02 am
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:39 am
Posts: 2244
Location: South Australia
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
simpleminds wrote:
Mark should stop the tff file and create Mares/Stallions that can maintain its breeding potential until its 25 years old and stays in your Stud Farm then you get to breed with your horse for longer and this would level out the League playing field and stop the contant copying and transferring to different games.

Gray


That would be good.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:03 am
Profile
Handicapper

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm
Posts: 121
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Doug I'm not sure u know how to breed!!!!! U don't keep using the same horse, i'd say I will only use a filly/mare once in a breeding season. So 99 percent a mare will be used for a 6 season breeding game otherwise u just breeding the same and they never improve. To say u cant compete by not using the ttf's is also not true, click on tom and have a look at my season 2 and look at how many races I won by not using that system, there is more than one way to breed, me and Steve was talking after one of the weeks last season and we talked about how we breed and we do it differently.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:46 am
Profile
Group 2 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 867
Location: Spain
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Look we all know a league split will likely never happen.

But I do not see the issue with it nor do I feel it will bring the league down, Geee the same 6-7 trainers (an exception can appear once in a while, Jango, Moliets, etc) season in, season out, challenge for the same races week in week out, so this would continue, would it not ? no change! you just wont have the cannon fodder below to feel superior over.

If you end up with 6-7 runners a race well that's just bad luck, allow more entries, we have 0-70's with 3 runners and do not complain. (you pays your money and you takes your choice)

One of the biggest problems through out the leagues in 04,05 & 06 is that the people who are at the G1 level (how ever they got there) tend to believe that they should have a major say in how the league should be structured. Accept the fact you are the minority & until you have 20 new Jango's & hold a greater proportion of the league players than you currently have, you really might have to accept that things might change towards the majority.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:31 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1237
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
I tend to think it will mark the end as it will stretch the volunteer resource pool. These are examples only, but let’s say I as a race runner decide I do not want to waste my time running races for a league I am not or never will be involved in. Let’s say John and Jango reason the same. Then you Martin and stu all go well why should we do comms for league A. Then Sirius only handicaps league B and so on and so forth. Then we need a split forum for training notes, weekly reactions etc. Another DCC and let’s assume Paul does not have the time to do both.

Your right in that this version of the league has been a great success, largely due to the community and volunteers behind it, a community that your proposal, well meaning though it may be, will neatly tear in half. This needs to be solved in the same way that the league was built, by the collective community involved. It may not even be something that can be solved, but breaking it in half is not the answer. I would happily throw my support behind the schedule changes to weigh more to handicaps and too have your big money cup races for the lower tier, they can be G1 max rated or handicaps as those they will effect see best, these seem likely better ways to tackle the issues than a league split in two.


Last edited by Githyanki on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 pm
Profile
Group 2 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 867
Location: Spain
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Githyanki wrote:
I tend to think it will mark the end as it will stretch the volunteer resource pool. These are examples only, but let’s say I as a race runner decide I do not want to waste my time running races for a league I am not or never will be involved in. Let’s say John and Jango reason the same. Then you Martin and stu all go well why should we do comms for league A. Then Sirius only handicaps league B and so on and so forth. Then we need a split forum for training notes, weekly reactions etc. Another DCC and let’s assume Paul does not have the time to do both.

Your right in that this version of the league has been a great success, largely due to the community and volunteers behind it, a community that your proposal, well meaning though it may be, will neatly tear in half. This needs to be solved in the same way that the league was built, by the collective community involved. It may not even be something that can be solved, but breaking it in half is not the answer. I would happily throw my support behind the schedule changes to weigh more to handicaps and too have your big money cup races for the lower tier as these seem likely better ways to tackle the issues than a league split.


Your right, the logistics could be a Basket!

Lets just get the schedule to 19 top races and 19 bottom each week, both halfs are catered for in equal terms, return to a stable of 20 so there is none of the I couldn't find a race for this and that, or add a few fences to the flat, will level it up hahahaha


Last edited by Anadin on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:39 am
Posts: 2244
Location: South Australia
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
League A 19 flat races each week - League B 19 flat races each week. Exactly the same as we have now so it wouldn't be stretching or creating any more work.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1237
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Quote:
Doug I'm not sure u know how to breed!!!!! U don't keep using the same horse, i'd say I will only use a filly/mare once in a breeding season. So 99 percent a mare will be used for a 6 season breeding game otherwise u just breeding the same and they never improve. To say u cant compete by not using the ttf's is also not true, click on tom and have a look at my season 2 and look at how many races I won by not using that system, there is more than one way to breed, me and Steve was talking after one of the weeks last season and we talked about how we breed and we do it differently.


This is also true, least for me, indeed I deliberately avoid the same pairing as you can only use one due to the sister brother rules but also as my best horses usually seem to arrive when I do a breed that does not make sense. My typical breeding barn say 100 horses has 15-20 colts and stallions, both flat and my jump game the same, I run three breeding seasons before each trial cycle. The first breed is a like for like, 1m colt to 1m filly or 2m hurdlers together. The second year is the same for the flat, but using different pairings, I always have 2/3 of each distance colt. Where as the second jump breed I match hurdlers with chasers as well as changing the matches from year one. In the final breed i pair all over the map, so 1m with 2m or 6f with 2.4m jump the same 2m hurdlers with say 4m chasers etc. At the end of that when they are exported I retire all horses over 8yo, and trial. I then repopulate the barn with all the fillies from the last three breeding years and only really use the tff to bring in colts, assuming there are no new better ones in the last three breed seasons. The odd Uber filly ‘Time to Kill’ for example will also likely be brought back in at this stage, likely replacing the version I retired at 8yo. This keeps the lines progressing and avoids too much inbreeding and same lineages.

Cannot say what others do, but I would be surprised if anyone used the same horse over and over and over again. If I ever get around to doing my current team notes you will see how infrequently the same horses are involved in the horses I enter.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:05 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:56 pm
Posts: 4914
Location: uk
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
NPG319 wrote:
League A 19 flat races each week - League B 19 flat races each week. Exactly the same as we have now so it wouldn't be stretching or creating any more work.



You have 34 Flat trainers listed on tom take out the ones that stopped leaves 28 spilt into 14 each league Del would be in A League Delis not a top tier trainer neither is Daniel French 13th or Me 12th we cant compete with the top guys now and will be excluded from league b this will not or will this ever take off Doug.


Gray

_________________
simple in mind but wonderful in young life
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNzbn9 ... idx5pNkHaQ


Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm
Posts: 121
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Why are people trying to split the league with what they say and would they do, Stu I take that personal by what u just said. Everyone has a voice and a vote, no one is saying they are better than anyone else just because they are at the top and for u to say we're trying to have all the cake and eat it is just plain wrong, all ( top or bottom) are expressing their views and hopefully we'll get it right for Everyone. I just don't get why people are trying to split the league, it's one league for ALL.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:27 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:39 am
Posts: 2244
Location: South Australia
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
simpleminds wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
League A 19 flat races each week - League B 19 flat races each week. Exactly the same as we have now so it wouldn't be stretching or creating any more work.



You have 34 Flat trainers listed on tom take out the ones that stopped leaves 28 spilt into 14 each league Del would be in A League Delis not a top tier trainer neither is Daniel French 13th or Me 12th we cant compete with the top guys now and will be excluded from league b this will not or will this ever take off Doug.


Gray


It wouldn't be an even split. League A would have a much smaller pool of trainers.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm
Posts: 1237
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
So 5 horse races then? League A would die, and pretty quickly too.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 pm
Profile
Group 2 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 867
Location: Spain
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
ghosty wrote:
Why are people trying to split the league with what they say and would they do, Stu I take that personal by what u just said. Everyone has a voice and a vote, no one is saying they are better than anyone else just because they are at the top and for u to say we're trying to have all the cake and eat it is just plain wrong, all ( top or bottom) are expressing their views and hopefully we'll get it right for Everyone. I just don't get why people are trying to split the league, it's one league for ALL.


John,
I am sorry you felt that it was personal, it was not written to be so, you are right, after re-reading it now, it does appear that I am suggesting that things are not fair/equal on decisions made for the league at times, which is incorrect.

You've heard my coms, tongue tied half the time and that comes out in my ramblings here too, I suffer from dyslestuophobia and this can lead to my brain working faster than both my mouth and fingers & a crap ability to re-read before posting.

My apologies to all, who may of felt that is what I was suggesting.

Lets not ruin a beautiful friendship :wink:


Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:55 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:39 am
Posts: 2244
Location: South Australia
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Githyanki wrote:
So 5 horse races then? League A would die, and pretty quickly too.


Double entries every race.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:00 am
Posts: 1159
Post Re: Weekly Reaction
for the record I import 5 fillies and 1 stallion into a 7 month game I still watch all races my horse are involved in I use different fillies with a handful of stallions then upgrade them as better horses become available.as I too still love this game and would play it regardless if it did become a grind I wouldn't play anymore simples.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 102  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.