View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Personally I think people are being naive in their hope that SO7 will make everyone even and that casual play will lead to great league success. Games will always favour those who push the boundaries, SO7 will be no different and there will still be dominant trainers as some will just throw more time at it than others.

The tff does not make the horses better, time effort and energy in breeding does, all the tff does it accelerate the process period, indeed used too much and it will just make you stand still, the gulf between players teams is not tff and none tff, but shed loads of work vs less.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:31 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Personally I think people are being naive in their hope that SO7 will make everyone even and that casual play will lead to great league success. Games will always favour those who push the boundaries, SO7 will be no different and there will still be dominant trainers as some will just throw more time at it than others.

The tff does not make the horses better, time effort and energy in breeding does, all the tff does it accelerate the process period, indeed used too much and it will just make you stand still, the gulf between players teams is not tff and none tff, but shed loads of work vs less.

I think it will make a massive difference at the start because let's say u find a 5yo gamebreed mare with very high speed, u only going to get 2 or 3 chances to pass on her potential to other horses, when she's done she's done and with it being more random she might never pass on her ability. With the ttf u can guarantee she will pass it on. People will have to breed more cleverly.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 am
Group 1 winner

True to a point, but if you can find one you can find two or three or four and then you’ll get a colt etc etc... won’t make much odds to me, as life’s going to change, my point was it will never be even as players do not play evenly.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:39 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
True to a point, but if you can find one you can find two or three or four and then you’ll get a colt etc etc... won’t make much odds to me, as life’s going to change, my point was it will never be even as players do not play evenly.

It will nice to take a back seat, let someone else drive instead. :D When is u baby due!!!

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:27 pm
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:

Just one thing for me to aim for in the last week is to stay above Martin in the wins over the Jumps with just one between us.

Gray

I'd have you at 8/15 Gray. You always come good in the last few weeks. Same happened last season, you collared me in the final week. I think my season is about done. Need 3 more wins to hit my pre season target but can't honestly see where they will come from. NH has improved and flat has gone backwards. All in all a disappointing season at Leedham Towers can't end soon enough.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Single NH win for me on day one with ‘Falling Through Clouds’ winning his hurdle debute at G2 shows what I know :)

Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Another single winner on the NH for me on day two, ‘Eights A Mystery’ grabbing another G1 to take into retirement.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:11 am
Group 1 winner

Just back from a few days away 4 winners during the first 2 days 2 in each code

Editorial
Won her second G1 of the season and adds the Melbourne Cup to her Sydney Cup victory

Heat Haze
brought in during the window been very disappointing but finished his career a G1 winner
winning the Cantala Stakes he becomes my 20th individual winning horse out of 30 on the flat

Montana
Got his 2nd win of the season when winning the Summer listed Handicap Hurdle.

Goldielocks
Got her 3rd win of the season and becomes a multiple Graded stakes winner when winning
the Grand Course De Haies De Printemps G3H'cap

Huge thanks to the team
congratulations to the winners and placers
huge congratulations to Stu on your G1 win
thanks to the Show presenters and commentators as always they are top class
see you all for the last day of the season.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Constable steals it!

Great commentary, Martin.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Well the last night of the season :cry: :cry:

Thanks to everyone for making it a great season ( no arguments ) must be a record :D :D

Lets hope our last season is the best yet, see u all for one more good one :D :D

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

No joy over the sticks but The flat ended with a bang with 3 G1s on the final day
as 2 of my horses break their maidens in G1s

Star Of David
Won his 3rd race of the season my leger horse stuck on well to win the Victoria
Derby thought he'd get outpaced in this but got a handy lead and never came back
to them.

Margeret Court
She has gone through the first 12 weeks winless but managed to get up to win the
Sansui Summer Cup G1 she just got up on the line delighted for her to finally get her
win has been G1 placed 3 times.

Long Time Ago
she has been a solid horse but had never won a race until today she was very brave
running up the rail and stayed on strongly to win the Pegasus which put me 2nd in the
trainers championship on prizemoney she became the 22nd individual winner from the
30 who have represented me this season.

I will do my season review in a day or so

Huge thanks to the teams hard work all season enjoy your well earned break and see
you for one last go in a few months.

Congratulations to all the winners and placers congratulations to John & Josh on your
championships.

A Huge thanks to the commentators who did a stella job all season an thanks to everyone
involved in the shows they are brilliant.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Finally found another winner with Prince Achiever winning his third Hunter Chase.
I'm glad the season is over and I need a long break from the league and the game.

Well done to all and well done to all the new trainers and trainers that returned this season and stuck it out.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:32 am
Group 1 winner

Good finish for me, finally getting a "real" G1 in the NH with Tainted Tina, beating some 170+ rated horses which adds a little to the win, along with the S0 hurdle final and just being pipped in the chase final to stop the double :(

25 wins across the board, I am fairly sure is the most I have ever won, so it has to go down as a dam fine season.

Well done to all, a long 13 weeks for some and sadly I will not be about if we start the next in November, but I am sure it will be a success and you will only miss my whinging.

Take care y'all
Stu

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 am
Group 1 winner

drew a blank on the last day but still won a shedload of cash can I be paid out in bitcoins please gray

many thanks to all involved for a great season you know who you are and especially to gray as without him none of this would happen

congrats to john for smashing the flat and turning it into a procession

happy breeding and trialling all see you next season

steve aka jalupen

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:59 pm
Group 1 winner

All good for me in the end, most NH wins ever for me, most total wins ever, one down on my best flat total but not something to worry about and won the dcc.

So mission accomplished, finally no more breeding and trialling. :)

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 120  Next