View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The perfect export - It's not magic but the power of 7 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The perfect export - It's not magic but the power of 7
Quote:
Do you race any of the horses or just breed then condition them and then trial them in the ck?

Everything runs races, my flat horses usually have at least 10 runs by the time they are 4yo. My NH horses about 20 races by the time they are 8yo. I do my entries en masse, everything goes in at the same time and everything gets the same numbers per year usually. OCD again. I follow a specific pattern and usually always run the same races, this lines me up for my export windows in terms of dates.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Do the horses pass the learnt traits, jumping ability etc, onto their offspring or not?
Does increasing the stamina cause the horse to have speed issues over 2 miles for example and vica versa for speed over longer distances?
When increasing speed or stamina does this increase the horses status bars?
Does the new speed or stamina get passed on or do you have to start again?

No they do not really pass on the improvements re agility etc, I notice a gradual improvement sometimes but all my horses tend to need fixing each year. It takes about 8-12 mths to get agility to Good, same for starting, but I leave that at average for my NH lot, jumping is the hardest to improve can take 2 years to go from poor to good, but by the time they are at the business end of their careers they are all Good, Good, Average/Good. I also breed this out in the same way you do. Some horses never improve no matter what you do, is that ‘Training Adaption’ bar we can not longer see.

I have not noticed any downsides to adding speed or stamina, but I tend not to add stamina to 5/6f sprinters or speed to 2m stayers. I do add it to front runners as I think it helps them stay. You don’t lose one to gain the other. All my NH horses get a healthy whack of stamina and less on speed. In SO6 they got stamina for the whole time I had them I believe but am not sure it helped cruising burst. Again I cannot tell any more. Some horses again simply show no change but most do.

Yes the bars change, though i don’t know it this would happen anyway, stamina increases organically I think but a year of stamina training on those that take it can add 25%+ I tend to do my stamina training early for flat and late for NH so maybe 5yo+. Might explain why I have horses able to run miles outside of their indicated distances. Speed bar also changes but it is not as common I have seen horses go from say 40/50% to 70/80% but again they breed as per the untrained version not the way they finished their training, often the improvements fall away once they have been in the barn for a while over and above the normal age related decreases. Racing seems to enhance the effects I have had horses when winning a series of races in speed training show a noticeable speed bar change. In SO6 I could never improve the extra speed bar so cannot say what happens behind the scenes.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:29 pm
Group 1 winner

The downsides are I keep a lot of what you might bin as I presume I can fix things there are a lot of disappointments. I trial a lot more than I need to as sometimes horses stay much more than you may expect but it is usually also consistent in the lineage.

I may take some before and after screen grabs as I am about to do my NH training having just finished my flat trials.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:37 pm
Group 1 winner

The other thing I would say is sometimes you seem to hit a peak, so you maybe able to add stamina up to a certain level and then it sticks no matter how long you leave them at it, same with speed and since I have nothing to compare this too I don’t know if that would happen anyway. Do the bars change in the auto training game?

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Only stamina, jumping and potential. All improve as a horse ages. I have never seen speed or acceleration change.

Must be heavy going keeping track of a horse stats before improvement to see what they will pass down when breeding. I can tell what the offspring will get from the parents bars, and try improve things this way. I commend you for playing that way, but not going to follow suit. I don't really want to start a new game as I have a new generation of NH sires coming through. I'm hoping they produce, but you can never be sure.

Also I breed good jumpers with average, until I eventually have mainly good jumpers. Good jumpers get more mares. Mares with good jumping get longer than average jumpers in the breeding barn. If their jumping is poor I only breed with them under exceptional circumstances. I'm probably missing out on good flat horses, but that's not the aim of my game. Firm ground horses, also don't get much time or are bred with.

I also watch races. Horses who jump past loads of horses ( now a hidden stat ) get a note on them so I know to give them more mares.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:24 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Only stamina, jumping and potential. All improve as a horse ages. I have never seen speed or acceleration change.

Must be heavy going keeping track of a horse stats before improvement to see what they will pass down when breeding. I can tell what the offspring will get from the parents bars, and try improve things this way. I commend you for playing that way, but not going to follow suit. I don't really want to start a new game as I have a new generation of NH sires coming through. I'm hoping they produce, but you can never be sure.

Also I breed good jumpers with average, until I eventually have mainly good jumpers. Good jumpers get more mares. Mares with good jumping get longer than average jumpers in the breeding barn. If their jumping is poor I only breed with them under exceptional circumstances. I'm probably missing out on good flat horses, but that's not the aim of my game. Firm ground horses, also don't get much time or are bred with.

I also watch races. Horses who jump past loads of horses ( now a hidden stat ) get a note on them so I know to give them more mares.

I think the jumps bar is important in the league because my chasers don't have a high bar and are falling at about a 25% clip in the league. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 pm
Group 1 winner

I don’t really monitor how they change in terms of breeding there are horses I notice obviously but I only really focus on what they do at trial, I have some awesome looking horses on paper who trial dreadfully just as I have league stars now who don’t really have the best set of bars. Additionally I also know whatever happens to the parents I can likely also achieve with the foal, hence I am very forgiving about culling my horses generally in the early years. For the most part one side of all my pairings has a trial star on it, even if the other is a gamebred.

I’ll pick a few from my current set of 2yo NH horses and catalogue how they evolve up to 8. It is entirely possible the automated game sets the even training option behind the scenes so you may all be getting a mix of both speed and stamina without knowing. Be interesting to see if you think your getting the same sort of progression as I am. Genuinely curious since i figured the majority of the league trainers were on manual training, seems from this the reverse is true.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:08 pm
Group 1 winner

I can see now why allowing the AI to breed with your horses isn't so great for you. The stats of your horses have been improved by training but the offspring don't produce that. So the ai will be churning out loads of horses that have to be trained up. It works for the rest of us, because what we breed with have good stats. So dropping the sire breeding price and allowing the ai to breed with my breeding barn, will have the effect of raising the stats of a lot of the ai horses. When I buy something back at sales, or find good horses with my lines in them, they tend to be great additions to my stable. Currently I have more than 20 mares I have bought, most have some of my horses in their lines, but they still adding improvements to my lines. I'm not sure if this would work for you at all.

I can see the advantage to how you play like the 100% condition bar and improving stats, but there are some trade offs, which in SO6 were fine but not so much in S07, which probably means I will stick to what I am doing. It is great, however, that SO7 allows success with loads of different play styles as Paul plays in a totally different way and so does John. At least it's not like SO6 anymmore where everyone has to follow the ttf file path to have success.

Fri May 01, 2020 8:32 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
I can see now why allowing the AI to breed with your horses isn't so great for you. The stats of your horses have been improved by training but the offspring don't produce that. So the ai will be churning out loads of horses that have to be trained up. It works for the rest of us, because what we breed with have good stats. So dropping the sire breeding price and allowing the ai to breed with my breeding barn, will have the effect of raising the stats of a lot of the ai horses. When I buy something back at sales, or find good horses with my lines in them, they tend to be great additions to my stable. Currently I have more than 20 mares I have bought, most have some of my horses in their lines, but they still adding improvements to my lines. I'm not sure if this would work for you at all.

I can see the advantage to how you play like the 100% condition bar and improving stats, but there are some trade offs, which in SO6 were fine but not so much in S07, which probably means I will stick to what I am doing. It is great, however, that SO7 allows success with loads of different play styles as Paul plays in a totally different way and so does John. At least it's not like SO6 anymmore where everyone has to follow the ttf file path to have success.

I cant wait until next week when I can start playing my jumps game again :D :D I've not played it in 6 weeks because I just want to play it normally without feeling the need to rush or find league horses and I know people don't like see many of their horses their breed in the computer stallion barn but I want my stallions in it because I know they are well bred .

Fri May 01, 2020 3:20 pm
Group 1 winner

So typically the horses I picked all got binned before they peaked so I cannot use the picture to show the development journey. What I have noticed, which I did not before, is from the 2yo version every horse has a dip in speed and acceleration between 2yo and 3yo and they put this back on usually by 6yo. It is possible that is actually the progression I have noticed.

More investigation required in my next breeding cycle, need to get this one out to trial for the window.

Tue May 12, 2020 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2