View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 League Solution ... 
Handicapper

Post League Solution ...
Add an option for "online league mode" next to the other options such as "jockey mode" "betting mode" etc.
Once this option is ticked you play through the game seasons normally except that the "transfers" option is disabled - thus making it impossible to import horses into your game. There would only be an option for "export to online league" so you could choose any of your horses but fom only a SINGLE save game. I am sure that the guys that have dominated the league in the past do a massive amount of cross transfers to get the best results - forcing everyone to play out of one single uncorrupted save game would really even things out.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Solution ...
I kinda like this idea mate

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:34 pm
Group 2 winner

Sounds like a good idea.

I presume the 'export to on-line league' button will only be accessible if you click the 'on-line league mode' button.

If you don't click this button (on-line league mode) then you would not be able to export your horses?

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:02 pm
Group 1 winner

good idea Paul

Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Obviously this would mean a breeding restart. It's up to the community really and worth discussing.

Having the league option ticked would remove the transfer option. So having it not ticked would remove the export option from the game as I don't really see a need for it unless anyone has other ideas.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Obviously this would mean a breeding restart. It's up to the community really and worth discussing.

Having the league option ticked would remove the transfer option. So having it not ticked would remove the export option from the game as I don't really see a need for it unless anyone has other ideas.

Thats a Great Idea People who play for fun dont need to export horses anyway
And would stop anyone trying it on.

I have already put a shed load of time into a team but happy to start again its the same for everyone
not everyone might agree so I would go with what the majority want maybe a vote is needed

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I'm not against the idea but can't we have some sort of short league first because of all the time we've put in plus we could work out any bugs for the next league. Perhaps have a 5 or 6 week season so we can find out who was the best horse and when we playing the league we could start our breeding program for the other league.

When we've talked about this before I've always said we need the horses to be able to breed longer, I think after 6 or 7 the horses lose a lot of their breeding potential so if mark could make it longer to say 8 or 9 then it would be better for everyone.

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:56 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I'm not against the idea but can't we have some sort of short league first because of all the time we've put in plus we could work out any bugs for the next league. Perhaps have a 5 or 6 week season so we can find out who was the best horse and when we playing the league we could start our breeding program for the our league.

When we've talked about this before I've always said we need the horses to be able to breed longer, I think after 6 or 7 the horses lose a lot of their breeding potential so if mark could make it longer to say 8 or 9 then it would be better for everyone.

I agree with Ghost. The first league should be with what players have put together already. Quite a few have spent a lot of time breeding for the league so scrapping all that hard work doesn't really sound fair. (I will wait for the second league as I haven't even started any breeding yet!).

Then implement the new idea.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Teleprompter wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
I'm not against the idea but can't we have some sort of short league first because of all the time we've put in plus we could work out any bugs for the next league. Perhaps have a 5 or 6 week season so we can find out who was the best horse and when we playing the league we could start our breeding program for the our league.

I agree with Ghost. The first league should be with what players have put together already. Quite a few have spent a lot of time breeding for the league so scrapping all that hard work doesn't really sound fair. (I will wait for the second league as I haven't even started any breeding yet!).

Then implement the new idea.

Even if u started breeding for the new league now u would need two or three months to bred horses.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:15 pm
Group 2 winner

I only chuck in game horses. Just run through the auctions, buy all group 1 winners.

Trial them once after I have ten or so for each distance, the winner goes through.

Then target the handicaps. :lol:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Teleprompter wrote:
I only chuck in game horses. Just run through the auctions, buy all group 1 winners.

Trial them once after I have ten or so for each distance, the winner goes through.

Then target the handicaps. :lol:

I like the idea of playing it normally, not done that in a long time. U would get more satisfaction playing like that and I could enjoy my US game and I could get out of the rat race.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:48 pm
Group 2 winner

Only in season three on main game. League game is separate.

Really a great game when you play slowly and get to know the game horses.

Stable of 60 at the moment ranging from horses who can't win a 0-60 off bottom weight to group winners.

Only have a single group one standard horse but still great fun.

The jockey mode makes even the poor horses worth having. Tests your jockey skills.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:28 pm
Group 1 winner

I am in the same position has Steve I haven't really got any flat league horses and a couple that may win a Handicap in the jumps unlike Paul,John and the rest I have not been playing the game mostly messing around with the Editor and Schedules if any short league Happens I will not join but would if its the old way run some of the races for the league if we do it the old way.

Saying that I think this is a great idea by Paul in having the Option for league exports this will be better not just for the League but the game and fair playing field for all.

Gray

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Mark wrote:

I am against the idea, as I have mentioned before, but aside from that I would hope you keep the export option for non league horses. Mostly for the following reason.

- Using a non league horse a benchmark would be great to judge where you are in your league breeding.
- Trialing my best when creating a great non league horse is still valued
- I would still want to run my best non league horses against eg. PJ's if he uploads them.

So while I won't put up a fight about the idea in general.. please don't remove the export option in other instances.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:14 am
Group 2 winner

Interesting idea and I would welcome it as long as it helps us get closer to having a league.

A couple of potential disadvantages...

1) Not being able to transfer flat horses into the jumps game can dramatically slow down the NH breeding process

2) It could stop new people from entering the league as they are unlikely to play under the league option

Good idea though, definitely something worth discussing further

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next