View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 New Season 
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
Hemz l believe there wont be an upload week after week 2, which l think is a great idea to be honest

I think we should allow uploads all thru-out just to let new trainers who want to join the league late in the season.

Also I'd like to see new uploads from people who are improving. It keeps trainers playing more which I think Mark would like to see. If the uploads were closed after week 2, what's the point of playing more since you cant upload the new horses you find?

Last season, my first set of uploads were just horrible but as the season progressed I finally got some decent ones. If those uploads were not allowed I would have probably quit and just waited for the next season.

With the season only being 12 weeks long uploads all season long is pointless not enough time to get runs into them in my opinion, trainers who still play often are always rewarded in the next season when they are again uploading top class horses that others have not maybe had time to find. With the new schedule that will be implemented the trainers who are new will still be challenging in the low handicaps and will likely be able to pick up a race, if any new trainer misses the start of the league and are really interested in joining the league im sure they will be prepared to wait untill the next season starts which if they have not joined by week 2 would be 10 weeks. Only my opinion Thunder, what you upload at start is your stable, no choping and changing, more likely to see same horses being turned out the next season to hopefully. :)

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:14 pm
Group 1 winner

I wouldn't have any uploads simply as people like me who don't have time to keep playing are at a disadvantage, I know what you mean about new players joining but there is a few months gap till the next season so hopefully it would be best to try and get people involved now so they are ready for the start, Maybe there should be a rule that newcomers can upload the week they join or maybe just have one mid season.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Again the only problem with uploads is having the maidens to get a rating for new trainers, i do not want to see new horses entering in group 2/3 races to get a rating these races should be for the top rated horses which have already earnt there ratings from maidens etc, not going to say anything more on this as im not the one going to be making the choices think its best left to Rich. Was this already decided by Rich only skimmed through the earlier posts so not sure if he did decide that this would be the way to go with just the uploads till week 2. Something must have been decided but then im not sure as steve was asking again before about what he was tailoring the schedule for.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

I thought the no upload rule had been given the green light. But after Rich last statement not so sure - no uploads for anyone has to be agreed before I can continue with the schedule.

Thanks

Steve

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:06 pm
Group 1 winner

John,

I will address your concerns by adding quite a number of 4+ races in the second half of the season as well as 3YO and 3+ events.

Handicaps will remain 3+ races for weeks 7-12 as weight for age shouldn't affect these.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I hope I haven't skewed the racing in favour of 4yo+ races as you stated "quite a number" in your response. In any case I will leave it to your judgement as you have quite a few good ideas.

About the uploading Steve, I know you need to have a firm decision in place because this affects your schedule greatly. Can you not have a contingency schedule in place just in case? I know this is an extra burden to you but just thinking of the new comers who might miss out at the start. I'm not in your shoes so my request to have a contingency schedule might have been a stupid one. But in my opinion week 2 for last uploads sounds good to me, since there will be a short turnaround to the next season and less of a gap between seasons too. What do you think Rich?

Just my thoughts, cheers all.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:55 pm
Group 1 winner

To be honest am not a fan of 3yo been in the NH league.

Has for the progression i would rather see a 4yo progress into a 5yo for the season after and so on.

I would also like to see a few veterans races in the new schedule 9yo and over. Need to speak with Paul/Rich and Hooley about it.

In the new schedule we have added quiet a few more Female only races which i think will be great.

Just started on the Aintree Festival. The schedule has it looks now is coming along nicely.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Steve, make the schedule so that the uploads are as we discussed it. I'm talking extreme examples of people wanting to join in say week 3.

The schedule would not be amended to suit the late joiners nor will they receive any special treatment but obviously I don't think anyone here wants to exclude new people from joining? Not sure why it would be a problem? If you can think of a reason let me know and I will reconsider.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Okay, but there will be no maiden races for new players to run in after week two. Group races are for top fourteen rated horses only,
New players after week two will have no races to run in.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:17 pm
Group 1 winner

As soon as the schedule has been set in stone, if anyone is interested I will create a workbook in excel format to be printed out that will list all the races on a week by week basis so you can follow your horse and have space to enter the winner with times etc as the season progresses. If NHC is interested I will do that as well.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Has for the progression i would rather see a 4yo progress into a 5yo for the season after and so on.

The only thing here mate is how many people actually train there horses that long, as you know with my game my horses stop progressing at 6 so l never go further than that, maybe look at last years horse uploads to see how many old boys/girls there are and l dont think its more than 2 or 3 trainers but even if this was 4 or 5 this would be a waste of a few races imo

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Okay, but there will be no maiden races for new players to run in after week two. Group races are for top fourteen rated horses only,
New players after week two will have no races to run in.

They'll have to take their chance in G2/G3s with less than 14 horses.

Not ideal but it's a taster into the league and serious players will look to continue the season after

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 pm
Group 1 winner

I would say Westy most of the NH trainers done. The 3yo races are mainly for the flat trainers imo.

In the old schedule there just wasn't enough 4yo Only races.

Most Festival's have these tyoes of races, there is none for 3yo.

We are trying to make it realistic has we can. But it';s very tough with it been a shorter season.

Me and dave are really getting stuck into this. We may have it do before i goto Mexico this Wednesday.

Then all whats needed is to check through the races and see if everythings ok.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Rich whats your view on 3yo races in the NH mate???

Can you get on MSN Mike and i will send you what we have doen so far mate if you like.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:03 pm
Group 3 winner

the only 3yo races are mainly for 3yos transferred from the flat...

NH horses rarely run b4 they are 4yo and mostly 5 & 6yo

ie Bumpers is the usual startoff for NH horses in RL

4yo uploads give it a more real feeling..

as most major festivals have 4yo races only ie Triumph hurdle etc

can we not make 4yo the youngest upload as it is immaterial

as its not as if we have to wait a year..

we will have 4yos now in everyones stable ?

makes NHC a more realistic version to RL and that at the end of the day

is what i think we are all after..it also gives 3yos a longer flat life

can we get an agreement so we can go forward on this !!

Paul(LR)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:16 am
Group 1 winner

Rich whats your view on 3yo races in the NH mate???

Can you get on MSN Mike and i will send you what we have doen so far mate if you like.

Agree with this for all the reasons Paul said.

Horses do not age by a year in our season although the NH season encompasses a date of birth change. No 3yo races.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next