View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Very happy indeed for my first win. Liam Brady just got up at the end.
I am very surprised that I broke my duck so fast, but looking at my other horses, it may be a while until my next win :lol:

Thanks for all the well wishes. You are a great community.

Mon May 15, 2017 9:35 am
Group 1 winner

Mondays review -

NADA :( :(

Joder que pasa con mis caballos....!!!!

Well done to all those newbies with wins and of course the usual suspects, the team etc etc.

Frustrado hoy!

Mon May 15, 2017 10:13 am
Group 2 winner

Flat

Only one runner on the flat today and what a runner. Sugartown Girl won the 1,000 Guineas. As Doug said in the commentary, no horse wanted to lead but when Sugartown went to the front early I must admit I cringed. Thought she had gone too early. In the end she ran on strongly. The first time I have been even remotely close to winning one of the Classic Races.

Jumps

I had almost a full racecard over fences today and the results from the first few races saw most of my horses finishing in midfield, but the stable came on strongly at the end by winning the last two races of the day.

Ladytown Girl won a very hard fought race just pipping Davids' horse in the 2m 4f Novice Chase and Swordpool Boy who had a really poor first two races and was probably on his last chance won the 2m Novice Hurdle.

Well done to all those winners and placers and especially to the "Novice" trainers who had some great results.

Great comms as usual Doug.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 pm
Handicapper

Congrats to Jim on the classic victory. Also pleased that Breed The Beast won the Dahlia, franks the form of the maiden it won, with my horse "Miller" coming 2nd going to the Guineas today, will love the soft ground.

Sagan came 3rd in the Jockey Club, 1m 6f is her ideal trip so Coronation Cup won't suit, Irish St Leger will be the target.
Lavender Birch 3rd in the Pretty Polly, onto the Diane next.
Rolland 2nd in the sprint handicap, will always struggle to get a win with its hold up style over 6f.

Mon May 15, 2017 5:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Pants day, too slow, to late to challenge, can't jump or stay and two maybe three chaps who are a long way ahead. Race callers curse, tomorrow mostly sucks too :(

Tue May 16, 2017 7:23 am
Group 2 winner

Congrats Martin on your double.

Shame i missed the live stream, bet you were going nuts

Tue May 16, 2017 7:30 am
Group 1 winner

Congrats Martin.

Tue May 16, 2017 7:41 am
Group 1 winner

3 Winners 1 flat 2 over the sticks

Balance
Her second win thought she had a chance off the weight but did not
expect her to win she was 2nd in the weights just a pound behind Davids horse
thats some effort

Showcase the Merchandise
My no1 bumper horse gets off the mark i never knew dead heats were possible
in the hunt now i do :lol: great battle and il take a share of the win

Lamborghini
Was so disappointed with his run last week but i never wrote him off it was too
bad to be true 8th in the Craven many would not have even run in the Guineas
but I kept the faith and it paid off. Was delighted to see him just sit off the pace
at the start but as the lads will tell you in the live stream i was shouting at the
Jockey to make a move the jock started then stopped then started again then
stopped and got shuffled back but managed to kick on again and once he got
to the front the jockey was comfortable he even took time to look behind him
he was alot more confident than i was watching. :shock: under my breath i called him
every name under the sun. :lol: It seems silly but when i watched him cross the winning
line i filled with emotion that was so very special im pretty sure thats my first ever
British Classic and from a horse that was fresh in my mind probably the last addition
to my flat team. I doubt this will make it into print as a perfect preperation for the
Guineas Beat on debut and 8th in the Craven I doubt O'Brien Hannon or Gosden would
follow that route to a Guineas. Thanks for all the goodwill shown in the stream lads
as I say silly but it meant a lot to bag this one.

Well done to the winners and placers DOUG Martin has left you behind you need one
soon mate.

Thanks to the great team running this great show especially Gray cant imagine the time
it takes to organize the streams let alone everything else he does

Great comms as always good to have you back Tim

Good luck tonight lads

Tue May 16, 2017 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

A mixed bag so far this week, managed a win in the 10f handicap but my best horse was given a truly horrible ride in the Sandown mile, although that happens to everyone at some point. My guineas horse ran amazingly well in a close 7th, be kind Sirius I'm sure he was very flattered. Also had a load of the usual garbage as well.
Congrats to Martin on his double, a great way to get off the mark.
Congrats to Paul on his first classic winner, probably not his last.
Darren

Tue May 16, 2017 8:07 am
Group 1 winner

Most of my horses are starting to settle in to their right levels. A win on Sunday and Monday each with numerous placings. It's been a long time since I have had any consistency in regards to top three finishes. I put a lot of thought and effort into where I place my horses with most weeks feeling like I have some good chances only to be crestfallen.

I deliberately ran most of my horses out of their comfort zones the first week and second in an effort to get good marks for the level of races my horses belong in. It seems to be paying off.

Into It winning the 19th race with a flyweight was a bit of a surprise. But then I remembered I switched up my trialing this year and trialed at Newmarket for a change because in years past my horses seem to run much better there. I also trialed on the Heavy turf at Newmarket with the idea that if my horses were geared more to the soft I'd get an edge in some races. Into It was trialed to win that 19th race and he did.

Do to an unfortunate error race 14 was run as a 4+ race which meant the 3yo's didn't run in it. Those horses include 1 of mine and Moliet's Surfer, Colin Clarke and Ben Bonnici. I had little hope for my horse in that one so no biggie.

Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 am
Group 1 winner

A better 2nd day for me although my flat stable has 4th'itus with no fewer than 5 of the 10 entered so far this week having hit 4th, only issue with this and I am sure some other trainers had this, they are all rated around the 88-90 mark, to high for a 0-90 handicap & the 100/110, listed etc have a better class of horse in, so stuck as a trainer in no mans land :( but happy that "Hooded Claw" finished 4th in the guineas (conditions just right) as close to a group win I have ever been. But still no flat win.

The Hunt, the 9yo Dansili Blue back from last year picked up the Moores million leg this week, although was bottom weight, only 6th from the eighteen carried more so it wasn't too much to do with the weight, more than likely that top trainers horses fell, but a win is a win and that's two winners (my only two) have all been the longer distances in the Hunt & both returning horses, gives you an idea I did nothing between the last two leagues :lol:

Well done to Martin (A dubious double ;-) hahaha) & Sirus for breaking their ducks along with Taunton striking again, & others I may have forgot to mention.

Thanks as always to the race runners, comms, handicappers etc and the big cheese, Grey.

Tue May 16, 2017 9:10 am
Group 3 winner

Two in the money for me. (4th and 5th)

i take every scrap I can get. It is a Learning curve, and I see that my horses quality is not good enough, and I am not good enough to enter them in the right race, going and distance. I think that will be easier with experience. I think two of my horses could have done better if the distance was right.

Some of my horses were also pacesetters and faded badly. Comes down to the quality I think. And my NH team are nowhere near good enough for anything. :D

Tue May 16, 2017 10:18 am
Group 2 winner

Well, what can I say. Still in a bit of a state of shock after a glorious day 2 on the flat. Come Taste The Band, the first really good horse I bred, and the first good horse he sired Comin Home both winning to give me a quick fire double. I expected both to get swarmed on the line but they stuck on well. Both horses were re-routed to those races when I noticed the smaller fields so quite pleased a bit of placement paid off although I still think I am aiming a few too high.

Absolutely thrilled with You Keep On Moving getting third in the 2000 and picking up 40k prize money. Fully expect to get weighted out of handicaps now but he stays 10f so hopefully bag a minor group or listed race somewhere.

Really surprised its my flat team that are doing the business. 2 wins, a second and 6 more in the money so far. By contrast my NH team are not really firing and look way short.

After Monday's disappointments (Janis Joplin 6th in 1000 apart) when best flat horse came last and best chaser fell I started looking at the stats of my horses and figured it was finish application they were lacking and that I was unlikely to get any winners so started looking at transfers.

Thanks to all for the congratulations and if my second winning race has to be re-run it is okay with me

Taunton - you're horses are doing really well especially considering how late you entered them.

Paul - Can't believe that is your first classic and can totally get the emotion. It is as close as any of us will get to winning the real thing.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue May 16, 2017 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:

Thanks to all for the congratulations and if my second winning race has to be re-run it is okay with me

Only pulling your leg Martin :lol: You deserve it with all the work put in, mistakes are made, thank god I didn't have a horse in it :wink:

Tue May 16, 2017 1:33 pm
Group 2 winner

Flat

Three runners on the flat on Tuesday, no winners, but the three horses all managed to place so that was good.

The big disapointment was the running of Magictown Boy in the 2000 Guineas. After winning on his first two outings I was expecting better of him but he just did not get into his running. I am hoping it was just the outside draw and the soft going that did not suit and he will come good again.

Jumps

Two more winners over fences and numerous placers, so a good day over fences.

Bridgestreet Boy was a convincing winner in the Mulligans Novice Hurdle and Dunestreet Girl was another convincing winner in the Tipper Road Listed Hurdle.

Congatulations to Paul on his Guineas win and to Martin for getting of the mark.

Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 120  Next