View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Starters Orders 8 KIT requests. 
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 8 KIT requests.
As a new League player, its taken me 10 plus years to make the jump. In my opinion a healthy strong League/Online part of the game will only help it grow. It has also given myself more time to play, I had SO7 since release and up until a year ago when I thought I'd try the league I dont think I had played for 5 years.

I don’t know how the CK works compared to the game but if the game form/ability equals CK form/ability it would make it easier for new players. This seems to be one of the big things that puts off new players. Yes, my 10x Group 1 might not be as good as another players 5x Group 1 winner, but at least I will have an idea inside 'my' game if I have a good horse.
It would actually make it easier for everyone as well, as you can cull horses as you go, compared to carrying loads of horses all season/s. It’s odd that a horse that can’t place in a Listed race would then be a star in CK.

From an interface perspective. More contrast between lines so you are confident the action you are performing is on the correct horse. The export and delete options are right next to each other. Maybe 1 could be to the left of the screen and the other on the right. Filters, ie to only show 2 year olds. Also the ability to edit ‘preferred’ distance.

Once you export a horse, maybe they could create a file in the SO folder. That way you can back up this file and if you lose a horse you can copy it back in. That would reduce some of the stress of the CK.
I find the CK a scary place and after you lose your first ‘star’ horse it gets scarier.

Sorry if some of these are double ups on suggestions, started writing some notes a few weeks back and only got time to put it together.

Thanks for the game Mark and all the work you put into it.
Ash

Sun May 26, 2024 7:16 am
Group 1 winner

Be nice if it was also smart enough to realise two horses with the same name are not the same horse……

Sun May 26, 2024 9:06 am
Handicapper

Horses to be given a unique ID at creation which can be flagged in the race kit. So full brothers and full sisters can race in the league without worries about cheating

Sun May 26, 2024 11:15 am
Handicapper

Running races in the league

It would be nice if copy\paste worked in the racekit. By this I mean, some of the race names can be long and complicated and when I run races for the league, I sometimes type the names of the races slightly wrong, especially if the names of the races are not standard English.

It would be nice if I could copy\paste the race names from the racecard in TOM into the racekit.

Even using ctrl C and ctrl V would be a help.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2