View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews
Paul not only do you have the best 3yos but you have somehow bribed the judges as well. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I watched the finish, paused it, watched t again and nowhere do I see your horse in front of Vinyl Cafe. At least it was close. I will avoid soft ground with her from now on as clearly wants it good or better

John well done on the Gold Cup at least I am getting closer :D :D

And well done Vinny on 1-3 in Commonwealth. The winner looks really good as I really liked Bad Moon Rising. Shimna Cantata might given us a race but is in the Diamond Jubilee. Hopefully will take revenge in The Diamond Jubilee as expecting there to be much slower pace which will suit Waterfall.

I had a great day in the Nh with 4 winners

Volcanic Eruption showed she is one of the best 2m5 novice chases by winning easily
Rough Weather showed she has a huge chance in the Triumph
Machengoidi showed his amazing acceleration after getting outpaced. I managed to get past the ultra consistent Float like A Sommerfly for the first time
Shogun Came from a long way back to win. Will be aimed at the Champion Bumper where the hill will suit

Well done to all winners. Thanks to all who put this together. The pre show was great. I'm guessing Nick is pretty upset about the Commonwealth. The suggestions that uploads are the week after Ascot may be a good one.

Wed May 20, 2020 7:56 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Paul not only do you have the best 3yos but you have somehow bribed the judges as
well. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I watched the finish, paused it, watched t again and nowhere do I see your horse
in front of Vinyl Cafe.

Ah sure listen Leon you can't beat the brown envelope :lol: :lol: :lol:

ghosty wrote:
Well done Paul with u outstanding 3yo's

Many thanks John still pinching myself really as every single one of my horses are American Bred and
all come from Carrick Boy so coming into the season I thought that might go against them but they all
seem to be adaptable to what ever happens in a races as you know yourself a crazy amount of work goes
into them.

Well done on the Gold Cup I'd love a rematch next year i plan to export in the hunt at 6,7,8,9, & 10
would be great if they have a rivalry over the next few season and we might meet again this year in
the Prix Cadran if its in the schedule.

Wed May 20, 2020 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Paul he'll comeback for another season or two, I think people should bring back more of the top class horses. I think a good league horse is a good league horse, Coigach was never the best in my trials after the 1st year but she loved the way the league races were run and would turn around form with my other horses. My horses are based on one horse encosta about and he's from November and so if my new sprinter from a different line doesn't pan out then it's goodbye to the flat team, I don't have the time to try different things as well as play my jumps game. I doth my cap to anyone who has a full flat and jumps team.

Wed May 20, 2020 1:02 pm
Handicapper

3 winners on the day including 1-2 in the wokingham big day for a small trainer like me thanks for all the work fellas brilliant stuff on the previews and well done to all the winners

Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Poo day, 5 seconds in the first 5 NH races was enough for me to stop watching.....

Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Poo day, 5 seconds in the first 5 NH races was enough for me to stop watching.....

I'll swap u seconds for my fallers . 43 runs over fences and 11 falls , falling at 27% :cry: :cry: :cry:

My horses cant bleeping jump :roll: :roll:

Wed May 20, 2020 9:49 pm
Group 1 winner

That will be those small builds :)

I would say put them in jump training for 3 or 4 years and they will be golden.

Wed May 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Selling plater

Well my first week in the SO7 league is over and what a shocking display by my flat horses. One horse placed 3rd in a maiden and seven who finished about last. I have spent most of my time breeding flat horses and thought I was making great progress, every couple of generations my flat horses seemed to be getting better and better, sometimes improving by 5 lengths on their sires. God knows how poorly the sires would have performed in the league.

Back to the drawing board for me.

The NH was a pleasant surprise. I spent very little time on the hunt side of things compared to the flat. I never counted it but probably 80 flat seasons, (spread over a couple of saves) V's 18 NH seasons.

I only raced 6 x NH horses this week, most of which were in group races, and 3 of them placed, a 2nd, 3rd and 4th. White Knight, who I thought was my best horse, fell early in his race and the other two are still running. The two who are still running are Hurdlers, the others were Chasers.

Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Really happy with my day.

Waterfall gave me my first G1 winner ever in a sprint and my first g1 winner at Acot since S03 about 10 years ago :D

NH was amazing, sorry Josh. But really enoyed the Leopardstown races. Unendliche Geschichte showed her class and both Gi joe and Lap of The Gods won G1's and give me a strong hand in the gold cup. Surprised Lateral Thinkinng beat Night and Day, which was a bit of shock. Hail to the Victor fell and Fire Fox somehow managed to win, which was another shock. Couldn't be more pleased with my NH winners.

Well done to Gray on that 4 timer with Sinn Script.

Thanks for the pre view shows they were great

Wed May 20, 2020 10:58 pm
Group 2 winner

Pretty below par day 3 for me, however all 5 of my newcomers have shown me I'm heading in the right direction;

Xinyi Player - Comfortable winner of the Commonwealth I thought, an could be a force in the 6f races going forward

Xinyi Nightngale - 3rd in the commonwealth, an shown enough ability there on ground she wont have liked, if anywhere comes up soft, she's your horse

Hefei Delta - 6th Golden Jubilee, came from the absolute clouds to finish like a rocket, no pace at all destroyed his chances but give him a race with pace an he won't be far off

Putian Crus - 2nd Hardwicke Stakes, beaten a head by the very good Sinn Script, could be decent things to come here, a very promising run

Putian Bargain - 5th 1m1 Maiden. She will really need soft ground an 1m2 so a promising run, if she gets her conditions I don't think she'll be pegged back from her front running style.

Thx to all involved in the shows an running the races etc, a great job, well done to Paul too, utterly dominant at Ascot.

Thu May 21, 2020 3:46 am
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
That will be those small builds :)

I would say put them in jump training for 3 or 4 years and they will be golden.

Probably is, but because the game doesn't like them and everyone else likes to get shot of them i'm going to rescue and save them :lol: Plus no bloody way are my getting shot of half my jumps team, I don't have many horses.

Thu May 21, 2020 6:39 am
Group 1 winner

Just a quick round up from me today 5 winners on day 3 of week 6

Newcomers Zero Tolerance & Ahsari Neyim both showed an incredible turn of foot from
wide draws to win really impressively on debut I was hopeful of a couple of smart debuts but that has
blown me away. Phantom came from the clouds to win the Belmont Stakes he is now a classic
winner on dirt and turf Josh your filly is so brave and TBH did not deserve to be beaten she has
so much guts. Ultimate Angel was bread for the Queens Vase and came home strong he will now go
up in grade the Goodwood Cup most likely next. Pride Of Zoro wins a maiden over the
sticks where on earth did that come from and how did that happen :lol:

A huge thanks to the team

well done to the winners and places congratulations Leon on your G1 sprint
your horse won really well and is a real battler thought I had you but yours is a real
fighter.

Last word of the week goes to the previewers Doug Martin Stu & Nick
the shows were just amazing really really enjoyed them can't imagine
how long they took to put together all I can say is you always leave
us wanting more Nick your a great addition and really insightful

Thu May 21, 2020 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Day 1 went well few winners and places Day 2, 3 shocking.

Fable Master - In the 1m2f 2yo race a class above any in the race and Rosiemary Murphy staying on for 2nd. If the ground comes up soft for any races over a mile she will be hard to beat.

Grade 2 win over jumps. That's about it really.

Congrats to all the winners and places. Paul clearing up on the flat and Leon showing his form over jumps.

Thanks to the team again for all the hard work behind the scenes.

Thu May 21, 2020 9:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Firstly congratulations to Tam King on your first win I Have no doubts first of many.
and a huge congratulationsto Vinny on winning the July Cup what a performance your horse picked
up like an express train one of the performances of the season for me well done mate.

4 Winners on day 1 of week 7 including 2 new winners over the sticks

TUNISIA
Wins her 4th Group of the season she was in a perfect possy the whole way through
and the jockey went at the right time and took the race by the scruff of the neck.
Early evidence maybe showing that the 3YO's are going to be more than competitive
against the older horses. She will go for the Sussex Stakes next I'd Imagine. Her &
Portugal make a great team one seems to back up the other.

LIONESS
Did not even finish in the top 5 in her first 5 starts :shock: now wins The Albany Stakes G3 and
the Duchess Of Cambridgeshire G2 some horses only perform in Group company she is
proof of this. She stays very strongly over 6 and had to to fight off the fast finishers.
She might not be seen now until the Cheveley Park G1 she has been the surprise of the season
in my team and its more than job done for her.

BUENOS ARIES
It seems my 2 milers are very competitive but need a little further than 2 miles so this race
was perfect. Put in some decent performances all season and has been group placed before
but the penny seemed to drop today and Buenos Aries put together a really good performance.
I doubt he will make the placings in the Champion hurdle but has earned his spot in the race
Never imagined any of my jumps team would be capable of winning a Grade 2 so delighted
to win the International Hurdle.

DOLCHA VITA
She has been a bit of a spare part all season ran in bumpers novice hurdles and chases and it
turns out has been my best novice chaser when she is meant to be my number 2 bumper horse.
She is rarely out of the top 2 in any race and is a very versatile mare. This was her first run in a
bumper and she wins well. Tough call now is it the Champion Bumper or Arkle I Honestly don't
which race she has the best chance in. If only I could split her in 2 :lol: .

Huge thanks to all the team for your amazing effort
Massive thanks to the brilliant commentary team as always the comms are different class
well done to all the winners and placers.

Tue May 26, 2020 4:14 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Cheers Paul, have to admit, it was a joy to watch, it actually done similar the week before in the Jubilee but the race had been a crawl so didn't quite get there. This is my 3rd best 6f horse in the league too, so hopefully good things to come in what looks like a quality distance in the league. I might struggle to find races for them all now though.

Hefei Delta - Some performance from the Delta, ran the final furlong seemingly like he'd just started the race. A blistering turn of foot which he always shows in my trials. It might be tough for him to avoid his 2 daughters from now on though (Xinyi) Player an Nightngale, who are both better.

Putian Crus - Was expecting big things from him, hit a little trouble, but the pace of the race seemed to do him, one to chalk off an go again I think.

As always thanks to the team

Tue May 26, 2020 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next