View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Online league soon - scoping interest 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Online league soon - scoping interest
Namor wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
if you got rid of the ttf files you would not have the option to reuse horses and start in the best possible place in everygame you would have
to start from scratch everytime buying gamebreds as there would be no transfer system so I cant agree with your point Namor.

also getting rid of the ttf transfer system would mean you cant breed multiple distances to your best stallion so surely that would make it more open for cashual players from my best sprinter stallion i can breed horses up to 1m5 or 1m6 from the one stallion again and again

My Point is the transfer system has been abused and you have to use it to stay somewhat competitive if it was not there it would open the
whole thing up if thats really the direction Mark wants to go in to attract more in.

I can still do all of the above. Effectively I can create a horse of equal or better quality every three years. It just all happens in the same game. I just have to reload more until the RNG gives me the best possible outcome for a pairing - or the best possible pairing after cycling through available Colts. Currently I accept if I don't get five horses of top quality in a year.. which I couldn't do anymore. It just changes the approach but not the result.

Once I have a decent stock of self bred horses I can sustain that quality, and improve on it, even without ttf files. Only restriction might be the limit on 150 horses if you want to breed for multiple distance. If you go all the way to that limit I reckon you can breed multiple distances and crossbreed between distances all the same. In the end the horse almost as good as before, just that I have one save in season 500 instead of multiple saves where I restart.

Not saying we can't get rid of ttf's if that's the general consensus. I would miss it dearly, but even that is manageable. To be honest I have never taken part in an online league and have always bred this way, even during SO5. Just playing devils advocate here.

I'm Sorry but if that's the best way to play this game then I would be out, the way u play the game is tedious and there's no fun in even playing the game(btw I don't see that as playing the game). U can bred all the monster's in the world but this game is nothing but a number's game to u, Why not go play Bingo or Sudoku. U have no fun in breeding horses or even playing the game, have u ever seen any of u horses run.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:27 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I'm Sorry but if that's the best way to play this game then I would be out, the way u play the game is tedious and there's no fun in even playing the game(btw I don't see that as playing the game). U can bred all the monster's in the world but this game is nothing but a number's game to u, Why not go play Bingo or Sudoku. U have no fun in breeding horses or even playing the game, have u ever seen any of u horses run.

Namor wrote:
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that essentially I am playing two separate games within a save at all times, and removing ttf's would make one of those likely impossible.

1. Breed with my imported horses to achieve an even better horse.

2. Running an auction bought horse trying to give it the best possible career.

These go hand in hand for me. I agree that there is limited joy to be had in taking 10L of Frankel time and time again, but that doesn't mean I want my options to be restricted. I want to be able to breed while playing and enjoying taking a horse from a 30 rating to ~90 hoping to win a listed race.. or cursing after once again coming in second in a group 3 race.

I run more horses actually belonging in claimers than you I bet. I just enjoy the chase for the "perfect" horse too. I don't like the fact that you keep berating me for how I choose to breed.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Namor wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

Namor wrote:
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that essentially I am playing two separate games within a save at all times, and removing ttf's would make one of those likely impossible.

These go hand in hand for me. I agree that there is limited joy to be had in taking 10L of Frankel time and time again, but that doesn't mean I want my options to be restricted. I want to be able to breed while playing and enjoying taking a horse from a 30 rating to ~90 hoping to win a listed race.. or cursing after once again coming in second in a group 3 race.

I run more horses actually belonging in claimers than you I bet. I just enjoy the chase for the "perfect" horse too. I don't like the fact that you keep berating me for how I choose to breed.

I read everything u write and I'm sorry but it never comes across ( right or wrong) that u enjoy the Game( it is a game), it feels like more a project to breed the Perfect horse. I'm not berating u breeding( many ways to skin a cat) but I'm telling u that IF u way of breeding was the best and quickest way to bred good horses I would never do it, I like/love breeding horses but I get enjoyment out of it. I love naming all my horses with real life horses that I remember, my US flat game is something I spent a lot of time on making the courses/ colours/schedules and I get great enjoyment out of it even if there was never to be a league.

I think u only play this game so u can dominate a league if or when it start's, u want to be the Big Cheese.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:38 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Namor wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

Namor wrote:

I read everything u write and I'm sorry but it never comes across ( right or wrong) that u enjoy the Game( it is a game), it feels like more a project to breed the Perfect horse. I'm not berating u breeding( many ways to skin a cat) but I'm telling u that IF u way of breeding was the best and quickest way to bred good horses I would never do it, I like/love breeding horses but I get enjoyment out of it. I love naming all my horses with real life horses that I remember, my US flat game is something I spent a lot of time on making the courses/ colours/schedules and I get great enjoyment out of it even if there was never to be a league.

I think u only play this game so u can dominate a league if or when it start's, u want to be the Big Cheese.

I love the game. Most aspects of it. I lead a busy life and in the evenings I like to spend an hour watching horses run in a virtual world. I wouldn't do it if I wouldn't enjoy it.

I only do ~1mile horses. If I were looking to "dominate" a league I would concentrate on breeding multiple distances. Breeding is more about the chase for a great horse to me than dominating a league. If a league were to start today I wouldn't finish it in the top 5. I win on 1m, maybe 1m2f and that's it. As I have said, I run really mediocre horses probably more than my elite. It's effectively two separate games for me and I wouldn't want to miss either.

The question posed was about removing ttf files. I just wanted to show that it wouldn't necessarily level the playing field, while restricting the enjoyment people can have with the game. If my plan would be to dominate the league, which it isn't, I probably could even with the removal of ttf files. That's all.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:51 pm
Group 1 winner

One more question Namor, would u sill play the game if mark turned around and said he couldn't get a league to work.

Back to the topic, I think the only way u could do away with the ttf's is to have a genuine gamebred league with just the computer generated gamebred's. That way it wouldn't matter if u played 100's of league season's or just a few.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:04 pm
Group 1 winner

its up to people to play the game the way they wish too.
If Namor enjoys playing the game in this way he is more than entitled to do so and is doing nothing wrong
There is no right or wrong way of playing the game you play it how you enjoy playing it
or you would not play it. no one should be ridiculed for the way they play the game just because it is different that is unfair.

anyway Lads can we stay on topic please

Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3