View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Race Kit Josh/Alex/John 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Race Kit Josh/Alex/John
Kevcon wrote:
Norton should allow you to exclude specific files and folders from being scanned. How you do this will
probably depend on what version you have but have a look for something like scans and risks tab, exclusions/low risks, click configure and add so7kit.

Kev I've got the full package , early last year something or someone had got on my pc so I went out and paid for the best Norton, I got it to work last night but as soon as I started my pc it had totally gone again and every time I try to run it Norton will stop it . No idea why Norton thinks its bad.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:19 am
Group 1 winner

I might be completely wrong here but I'm sure I heard somewhere that norton blocks files that have not been sent to them for verification so you have to exclude them manually. If you have the full package try clicking on Settings on the main page, then antivirus and the antivirus settings window should allow you to exclude so7kit from being scanned. There will definitely be an option to exclude files, it's just a matter of finding it...and then hoping it works!!

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:49 am
Group 1 winner

Kevcon wrote:
I might be completely wrong here but I'm sure I heard somewhere that norton blocks files that have not been sent to them for verification so you have to exclude them manually. If you have the full package try clicking on Settings on the main page, then antivirus and the antivirus settings window should allow you to exclude so7kit from being scanned. There will definitely be an option to exclude files, it's just a matter of finding it...and then hoping it works!!

Kev u 110% right about it , that's what I think they are doing with the file but I took it out of quarantine yesterday but it sends it straight back in it and the settings is way to complicated for me to under stand :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:59 am
Group 1 winner

Have a look at the following youtube video, it's a few years old but process you need to follow to exclude files will be very similar if not identical. I would add the file to both "Items to Exclude..." options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff-yALLtCsE

Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Kevcon wrote:
Have a look at the following youtube video, it's a few years old but process you need to follow to exclude files will be very similar if not identical. I would add the file to both "Items to Exclude..." options.

Thanks Kev that worked . :D :D

Gray will u run the flat races this week, still cant get OBS to work and I've had enough messing around for one day.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:40 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Kevcon wrote:

Thanks Kev that worked . :D :D

Gray will u run the flat races this week, still cant get OBS to work and I've had enough messing around for one day.

No worries John, glad you got it sorted.
The joy of being a race runner, if it's not one thing being a bar steward it's something else :D :D

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:14 pm
Group 3 winner

Gray
I have run the FR races and they are uploading. Its 1am Sunday morning here so i will do the NH races when i fall out of bed in the morning.
Cheers

Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Doing my last two today.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:52 am
Group 1 winner

All done race 21 either moved from Dropbox straight away or I forgot to add it let me know if missing.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:49 am
Group 1 winner

Yay I got my OBS to work :D :D All good to go next week.

Where do I look to find my internet speeds!!!

It was going to take me 11 mins to download a 5 furlong race, I know that's slow but id love to know how slow :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:08 am
Group 1 winner

Google speed test there are sites available to check

Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:31 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
All done race 21 either moved from Dropbox straight away or I forgot to add it let me know if missing.

Might of been me I did take it 10 mins ago to put it with the other races for day 2 in the races Folder Josh. :D

Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:56 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I put them in the wrong folder I assume, ok they are now in the write one if you still need them. What comes of running races with a 18mths holligan :)

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I put them in the wrong folder I assume, ok they are now in the write one if you still need them. What comes of running races with a 18mths holligan :)

No you can put them in any one I just put them in their so the Coms can get them from just one Folder some have space issues.

Gray

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Yay I got my OBS to work :D :D All good to go next week.

Where do I look to find my internet speeds!!!

It was going to take me 11 mins to download a 5 furlong race, I know that's slow but id love to know how slow :lol: :lol:

Maybe its just my primitive internet connection but it gets hammered as Dropbox syncs the folders.
Every time another runner uploads races my dropbox tells me its "Syncing" and downloading those files.
Anyone else have this happen? Is there a better way to configure Dropbox to stop this?
It grinds my internet speeds to a halt, can hardly watch Netfilx OMG! :cry:

Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next