View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
3 winners on day two - 2 flat winners and 1 over the stick

Cape Thorne
Charged home late on to grab a dead heat in the 2000 Guineas not an ideal way
for it to finish but I will take it all day long. Congrats to Thunder for his Guineas Double ha
ha he has to share one of them with me.

Press Conference
Bagged his second win in a row since poor debut at Meydan has to be on to Group
company next Commonwealth cup or Diamond Jubilee remain his target

War Goddess
Another who made it 2 wins in a row and now a listed winner im hoping she is
graded class she stays all day she could stay 4 miles gutsy girl.

Congratulations to all the winners and placers
thanks to the team
wonderful show and as always great comms
See you all in Kentucky tonight

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

6 runners today 2 winners 1 second a third and 2 out with the washing on a plus note have found out my milers and 2yos suck

R15-Code of silence 7th chance was gone before it got to post having to carry the overweight of stu's tip not a miler will try over another 1f or 2f b4 it goes into the big glue bin in the sky

R16-Jillyjoy 1st beat 2 very good horses nice to see my sprinters have improved

R18-All the cakes 1st another of my great milers this was a 1m1f race looks like it will stay a bit further

R20-cracked corn 7th never any nearer

R22-bearing gifts 2nd getting seconditus but sure theres a nice race to be won with her

R23 Triple threat 3rd ran 5 wide gave the front runner too much rope ran on really well will need a drop in ratings if hes going to melborne

congrats to PJ & thunder (im sure they were in biker grove) on your 2k win

congrats all runners

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:13 am
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:

congrats to PJ & thunder (im sure they were in biker grove) on your 2k win

:lol: :lol: :lol: PJ & Duncan AKA Ant & Dec

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

just glad that wasnt wasted

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:22 am
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
just glad that wasnt wasted

way aye man purely belter like

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

First of all, well done to all winners and placers.

It is a frustrating week, lots of bad performances. But a second and third yesterday was good, Masterpiece did a good race.

National Hunt I cant get my head around. My horses are Poor this year as well. :lol:

But learning and slowly improving is the key, though it looks like its harder this year to compete. I really hope there is more SO6 seasons, so I can try to breed better horses.

Thanks to the team and comms again. And 8 o clock English time coincide with bedtime for my son, so I struggle to watch the streams. Hope I can manage tonight. :D

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:14 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
3 winners on day two - 2 flat winners and 1 over the stick

Cape Thorne
Charged home late on to grab a dead heat in the 2000 Guineas not an ideal way
for it to finish but I will take it all day long. Congrats to Thunder for his Guineas Double ha
ha he has to share one of them with me.

Congrats to the deadheat-win in the 2000. Both the 1000 and 2000 were very good races. Very nice finish and could have gone either way. The pace set by Han's horses were very quick. 1:36.42 for the 1000 and 1:36.76 for the 2000. Usually 1m league races are 1:38s when the pace is slow.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Congrats to Tim winning his first ever race and it was a great call :-)

No winners for me but a 4th in a Listed and a 3rd in a G1 Hcp are great achievements for me.
Even better was the G1 third was the Sydney Cup - now I know I will have a Melbourne Cup starter that wont be making up the numbers.

Congrats to all the winners and placers.

Doug

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:14 am
Group 1 winner

My flat team continues to struggle. Some more minor checks were had. This was mostly expected as I didn't put in the time to better my horses this season.

Congratulations to top trainer Thunderspark for winning the prestigious 30k Whitsbury Manor Lansdown Listed Stakes with his undefeated first out winner of the lowly Group 1 650k Emirates Al Quoz Stakes - Pinedust.

My jumps team continues to run great guns. This was not expected as they were all flat castoffs rustled up at the last second. The only thing I did different was trial at Cheltenham. I don't know if that means anything. I somehow won a Group 3 handicap. Natalie winning that race has to be the most bizarre result I have ever seen in this league...

C'mon now does this result make any sense??? This horse has never lifted a hoof in any race. I lol'd for many minutes after I watched this.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:40 am
Group 1 winner

3 winners on the final day 2 over the sticks and one on the flat

Compromise
My Ascot Gold Cup horse who has ended up running in handicaps as things have not
really gone to plan he did it well off top weight should be in the mix for the GC
not entirely sure he is a G1 Horse though

Story Teller
2 Wins on the bounce and he becomes my first Grade One winner over the sticks this
season ran out a classy winner of the Maurice Gillois Grand Novice's Chase G1.

Fast Eddie
A couple of solid runs 2nd on debut but got off the mark in a 2 mile handicap hopefuly
he can build on this.

Best commentary in online history = TIM
"oh hang on thats my horse go on boy go on boy YESSS sorry i got a bit carried away"
Brilliant mate loved it even though you beat me moment of the season for me :lol:

Congratulations to the winners and placers
huge thanks to the team
the preview/review shows are a real credit to Stu Martin Doug & Tim

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Congratulations to top trainer Thunderspark for winning the prestigious 30k Whitsbury Manor Lansdown Listed Stakes with his undefeated first out winner of the lowly Group 1 650k Emirates Al Quoz Stakes - Pinedust.

I guess its up to the individual themselves
I know I have purposely avoided dropping horses in class if they have won at G1 they will only run in
G1s because it feels right to me id feel bad if my G1 winner took the opportunity away from a trainer
with less opportunities than me it just would not feel right but we have been here before several top trainers
dropped horses in class there is no rule against it but to me personally it just does not morally feel right
no doubt this policy will cost me winners but im not here to win at all costs. and watching trianers like Tim
get off the Mark i get as much enjoyment seeing that than watching my own winners

Looking at the race you mentioned the first 3 home were all top trainers though.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
SiriusChill wrote:

I know I have purposely avoided dropping horses in class if they have won at G1 they will only run in
G1s because it feels right to me id feel bad if my G1 winner took the opportunity away from a trainer
with less opportunities than me it just would not feel right but we have been here before several top trainers
dropped horses in class there is no rule against it but to me personally it just does not morally feel right
no doubt this policy will cost me winners but im not here to win at all costs. and watching trianers like Tim
get off the Mark i get as much enjoyment seeing that than watching my own winners

Looking at the race you mentioned the first 3 home were all top trainers though.

Is it true that because of the way the kit works - G1 winners dropping down in class don't get a weight penalty?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:02 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
SiriusChill wrote:

Is it true that because of the way the kit works - G1 winners dropping down in class don't get a weight penalty?

Only if they are horses coming back horses that win G1s during the current season will carry a penalty should the trainer
wish to place them down in class. Thunderspark's horse carried 9st 12 so got a big penalty. Lochsong a multiple
G1 winner from previous season carried no penalty when downgraded in the Palace house stakes G3 think if he had won a
G1 this season would have carried 6 pounds more.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thanks Paul.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 am
Handicapper

Not a bad timing to get a 2nd when the race with the highest prize money arrives. 8)
Very happy about my 2nd in the 3m3f Group 1 Haye Jousselin Chase with Winter Virgin, always at the end of the field with pull up fear to storm to front in the end only to be beaten by Johns Simon Le Gree.
Disqualification of Platin Playboy wasn't so nice... Protest running! :wink:

Congrats to all winners and placers and to the league team, and thank you Tim for this funny moment and congrats for your first win too!

Moliets Surfer (Holger)

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 120  Next