View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
 Flat : Talk Reaction Banter 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Flat : Talk Reaction Banter
I like trialling for about the first 30 minutes lol... same as Doug really it's just so time consuming, especially when you do what I did and run through 30 seasons and then trial them! Once you've got that base trial done it's fine though as you can just trial at the end of every season. Takes me days to trial and that's space barring 90% of races!

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:07 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm a big fan of trialing. The anticipating of a wonder horse in the game competing against all your other game beasts. I spend a lot more time trialing than i do in the game tbh. Having only started again a few weeks ago, I've now got all my customized scedules for each distance, and been collected hundreds of game horses, trialing them each time I get 20 odd. What I have found in comparison to the older versions of the games I used to compete with is, the game form seems to be a lot closer linked to the CK form. This has helped me weed down the useless types :)

In terms of trialing, I'd say each season takes about 15-20 mins to run through at most, when I'm trialing it usually takes slightly longer than that. I never press space, don't trust the results, I just 'tab' every race.

Easy enough if you spend enough time getting a very good base to start from, in terms of a big pool of very good game horses, in my opinion this is where all your time should be spent. I've just started again a couple of weeks ago, discarded all this seasons horses, but I'm sure I will still be a lot more competitive because of this start. Already whispers in the camp of a Derby winning Sire :D :D :D Just gonna say it..Born Again will Sire a horse in the first 5 of the Derby next season :lol: :lol:

In terms of my trials I have 10 on soft, 10 on good, an 10 on firm for every distance, usually at more than one track, after every season in the game. It is a very good job I do enjoy trials :) I don't really play the game properly anymore, it's all about getting the game horses in claimers. I have a sneaking suspicion that next seasons crop for me will be a lot more competitive than this seasons.

Sorry for the essay lol. Love chatting to people about the way they go about breeding/Trialing etc..

Vinny

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:41 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
I find the trials....not boring but they are time consuming, especially for stayers and NH so I usually watch one or two but I mostly hit the space bar to get the results :-)

I never skipped a race. It takes nearly 2 weeks to trial my jumpers. I worked out there will 22 different distance races and well over 450 races :D And I might add one more and perhaps breed some Bumper horses now that I've stopped breeding flat horses.

My latest round of NH trials I started at 3200m and then did trials every extra 400m - 3600, 4000, 4400, 4800 and 5200m I figure my horses wont go much further than that lol

PS I have no idea what a bumper horse/race is lol

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:20 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
I find the trials....not boring but they are time consuming, especially for stayers and NH so I usually watch one or two but I mostly hit the space bar to get the results :-)

I never skipped a race. It takes nearly 2 weeks to trial my jumpers. I worked out there will 22 different distance races and well over 450 races :D And I might add one more and perhaps breed some Bumper horses now that I've stopped breeding flat horses.

My latest round of NH trials I started at 3200m and then did trials every extra 400m - 3600, 4000, 4400, 4800 and 5200m I figure my horses wont go much further than that lol

PS I have no idea what a bumper horse/race is lol

It's a flat race over 2miles, in real life it's for horses that have not run on the flat.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:26 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I'm a big fan of trialing. The anticipating of a wonder horse in the game competing against all your other game beasts. I spend a lot more time trialing than i do in the game tbh. Having only started again a few weeks ago, I've now got all my customized scedules for each distance, and been collected hundreds of game horses, trialing them each time I get 20 odd. What I have found in comparison to the older versions of the games I used to compete with is, the game form seems to be a lot closer linked to the CK form. This has helped me weed down the useless types :)

In terms of trialing, I'd say each season takes about 15-20 mins to run through at most, when I'm trialing it usually takes slightly longer than that. I never press space, don't trust the results, I just 'tab' every race.

Easy enough if you spend enough time getting a very good base to start from, in terms of a big pool of very good game horses, in my opinion this is where all your time should be spent. I've just started again a couple of weeks ago, discarded all this seasons horses, but I'm sure I will still be a lot more competitive because of this start. Already whispers in the camp of a Derby winning Sire :D :D :D Just gonna say it..Born Again will Sire a horse in the first 5 of the Derby next season :lol: :lol:

In terms of my trials I have 10 on soft, 10 on good, an 10 on firm for every distance, usually at more than one track, after every season in the game. It is a very good job I do enjoy trials :) I don't really play the game properly anymore, it's all about getting the game horses in claimers. I have a sneaking suspicion that next seasons crop for me will be a lot more competitive than this seasons.

Sorry for the essay lol. Love chatting to people about the way they go about breeding/Trialing etc..

Vinny

I think the jumps side of breeding is more interesting to me because there's lot of different ways to breed them. U have people who just use flat cast offs and then there's people who mix and there's other's like me and I think Leon who just breed with just jump horse's. My jumps blood line is 99.9% jumps. Plus what I like about the jumps is that the best horses don't always make the best jump sires, it's a bit more hit and miss than the flat.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:08 pm
Group 2 winner

I've only ever entered one jumps season properly i think a long time back, an even then it was just a few flat cast offs. I'd say the main difference I picked up was when you concentrate on jumps horses you get a lot more consistency. I did pick up the Supreme Novice with mine, but it was so inconsistent. Not sure it won another race. Next season will probably be the same. It's so tough with time to be competitive with Jumps and Flat unless you are using the cast offs. I have dedicated so much time to the distances for the flat, if I done that for even more distances on Jumps I think I'd definitely find myself divorced :D :D

Vinny

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:39 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I've only ever entered one jumps season properly i think a long time back, an even then it was just a few flat cast offs. I'd say the main difference I picked up was when you concentrate on jumps horses you get a lot more consistency. I did pick up the Supreme Novice with mine, but it was so inconsistent. Not sure it won another race. Next season will probably be the same. It's so tough with time to be competitive with Jumps and Flat unless you are using the cast offs. I have dedicated so much time to the distances for the flat, if I done that for even more distances on Jumps I think I'd definitely find myself divorced :D :D

Vinny

It's a fine line with this game and a partner.....trust me my ears are always twitching to make sure I am getting the balance right! Thankfully I play the game at work and do my breeding there as well otherwise it could just be me and my cat lol :)

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes I breed only with jumps horses. They must have good jumps ability ( some hurdlers can be average but then their fast jumps bar needs to be almost full ). The word firm must also not appear in their ground preferences either

My flat stable in league are my NH cast offs ( other way round for me)

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:13 pm
Group 1 winner

I have a couple of games going I mix my breeding I also did something different I started a new jumps game using a certain distance that I have never done before and the only horse that came from that game that I uploaded was to the flat team see how it gets on.

Gray

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

NPG319 wrote:
kniesh wrote:

Vinny

It's a fine line with this game and a partner.....trust me my ears are always twitching to make sure I am getting the balance right! Thankfully I play the game at work and do my breeding there as well otherwise it could just be me and my cat lol :)

Really wish I could breed my horses in work, so much easier lol, given I am out the house over 10 hours a day, makes it tough, part of the reason I stopped a while back, but determined to get involved properly next season.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:10 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Yes I breed only with jumps horses. They must have good jumps ability ( some hurdlers can be average but then their fast jumps bar needs to be almost full ). The word firm must also not appear in their ground preferences either

My flat stable in league are my NH cast offs ( other way round for me)

There's nothing worse than this happening.

U find a horse with those jumping bars and u breed 30 horses to him and u get horses with less jumping ability than the fillies u gave him. :cry:

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Interesting read all.

I know absolutely nothing about the jumps side of the game so wanted to ask a question.

In some of my flat games I get game horses with traits,

Jumping - Good

Does it get any higher than this ie very Good?

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 777 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52