View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 League Solution ... 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: League Solution ...
pauloneill wrote:
Add an option for "online league mode" next to the other options such as "jockey mode" "betting mode" etc.
Once this option is ticked you play through the game seasons normally except that the "transfers" option is disabled - thus making it impossible to import horses into your game. There would only be an option for "export to online league" so you could choose any of your horses but fom only a SINGLE save game. I am sure that the guys that have dominated the league in the past do a massive amount of cross transfers to get the best results - forcing everyone to play out of one single uncorrupted save game would really even things out.

I don't understand how it works sorry,
So I have two games going at the moment "Australian & Jumps Game" so when the head lad says
"this horse will be good over the jumps later" I normally export that horse to the jumps game,
What happens if there are no more exports between games if a player does not want to join the league,
can they still export horses between their games??

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:54 am
Group 1 winner

If You are not playing league mode you can transfer horses between games Thomas

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Thanks PJ for a quick reply that kind of worried me a bit.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:10 am
Group 1 winner

I think this option could alienate a lot of casual players (like myself) who don't have the time or inclination to spend months on the game like others do, also brand new players are unlikely to select the league option. Like online options on Xbox games, you generally only try those once you've completed the whole game.

But as a short term option to get a league going soonish it could be a good way to go.

Like others I'd still like the chance to export horses to the CK if I'm not playing for the league.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:49 am
Group 1 winner

Only Problem with that is if you keep export button in how do you determine which exports have come from
an ordinary game and which have come from league play.

I Have had a good think about it and kinda agree with Ghost that thats a heck of alot of wasted time gone if we cant
use the horses we have spent ages to come up with.

Maybe the first season should be an open export season then for season 2 implement the league play mode
BUT which could be bought into the game asap so people can start breeding for season 2

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Only Problem with that is if you keep export button in how do you determine which exports have come from

I Have had a good think about it and kinda agree with Ghost that thats a heck of alot of wasted time gone if we cant

Maybe the first season should be an open export season then for season 2 implement the league play mode
BUT which could be bought into the game asap so people can start breeding for season 2

I agree with you PJ better still why not have a league like the old times now and when SO6 all patched up mark can work on the new league system for SO7 every body will have so much time to work out a new league, maybe mark can hand pick a hand full of people from here that are a hard league players to help him build the new league system for SO7

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:12 am
Group 1 winner

Tomas wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I agree with you PJ better still why not have a league like the old times now and when SO6 all patched up mark can work on the new league system for SO7 every body will have so much time to work out a new league, maybe mark can hand pick a hand full of people from here that are a hard league players to help him build the new league system for SO7

Only Things is SO7 could be a long way off with SO6 only now coming out of Beta and Mark working on other Projects
Like the New Jockey game

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It sort of has been mentioned but re working the ck and use all the tools you have in SO6.

Mark would allow a few players to have access to the back end of ck (those that run the league) and configure schedules etc as you we do now in SO6. All you would need then is code to connect via the internet to the one who was running it (he or she would need a very good pc and very good internet speeds to be run as a server) you don't need a new TOM. The players would connect and see all the trainers as in SO6 and enter races etc.

The ck can be setup with two tabs one for joining the league and one for the non league users. Your exported horses would then be uploaded like the ttf files as they do in the normal game. If this is not good enough security then export from hdb_scatters@optusnet.com.au.dat
or some other means.

So basically what I'm saying is use a stripped down version of the current SO6 program with the added code for internet connections to upload and select races etc. and have it placed in a second tab in the ck. Importantly you don't need to run any of the races in this as the one who runs the league can do this separately in the kit provided as previously done in seasons past. I say this to keep the online league tab as simple as possible until later down the track.

I think this would be a good idea as Mark already has the code there in SO6.

Think of it, right now in SO6 we are able to configure schedules to field sizes etc.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:43 pm
Handicapper

SuperCat wrote:
I think this option could alienate a lot of casual players (like myself) who don't have the time or inclination to spend months on the game like others do, also brand new players are unlikely to select the league option. Like online options on Xbox games, you generally only try those once you've completed the whole game.

But as a short term option to get a league going soonish it could be a good way to go.

Like others I'd still like the chance to export horses to the CK if I'm not playing for the league.

It is intended to HELP new and casual players ... because as you will see from the posts above, the top players have already put a LOT of time into preparing their horses - under my system anybody who has even played only a few seasons would have almost the same chance of getting a top horse as someone who has played for much longer (you could even set a maximum number of Seasons for the "League Export Mode"). Right now if you don't play through hundreds of seasons, have a well organized transfer pool and knowledge on how to maximize breeding results - your not going to be fighting for anything other than scraps. I will play the league either way but if its going to be the old system then I will probably (as I have done many times in the past) stop particpating after the first few races, as watching my unbeaten 35x Gr 1 winner and Hall of Fame Champion getting slaughtered is just not much fun. I'm not moaning ..... just saying it as I see it. I may be wrong but I feel the best way to make things more even is to block the transfer of horses between games and that is why I came up with the idea.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:31 pm
Group 1 winner

pauloneill wrote:
SuperCat wrote:

It is intended to HELP new and casual players ... because as you will see from the posts above, the top players have already put a LOT of time into preparing their horses - under my system anybody who has even played only a few seasons would have almost the same chance of getting a top horse as someone who has played for much longer (you could even set a maximum number of Seasons for the "League Export Mode"). Right now if you don't play through hundreds of seasons, have a well organized transfer pool and knowledge on how to maximize breeding results - your not going to be fighting for anything other than scraps. I will play the league either way but if its going to be the old system then I will probably (as I have done many times in the past) stop particpating after the first few races, as watching my unbeaten 35x Gr 1 winner and Hall of Fame Champion getting slaughtered is just not much fun. I'm not moaning ..... just saying it as I see it. I may be wrong but I feel the best way to make things more even is to block the transfer of horses between games and that is why I came up with the idea.

Still disagree.

The big problem is that the transfer system isn't used honestly (I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE DISHONEST HERE). If it were used as intended and the game played like it used to be it wouldn't be so bad. But it isn't, it is exploited to breed multiple combinations multiple times which puts us people who use it either to immortalise a favourite horse or to switch between countries or codes; or those who don't use it at all at an even bigger disadvantage.

Whilst I agree it would be nice to level the playing field, I have managed to have major handicap winners and group placed horses from very small strings without putting that much time into the game. I also think it's very unfair to people who do sink hours into perfecting their team to suddenly have all of that mean nothing.

Who knows what the solution will be, or if there will be one.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:35 am
Handicapper

SuperCat wrote:
pauloneill wrote:
SuperCat wrote:

Still disagree.

The big problem is that the transfer system isn't used honestly (I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE DISHONEST HERE). If it were used as intended and the game played like it used to be it wouldn't be so bad. But it isn't, it is exploited to breed multiple combinations multiple times which puts us people who use it either to immortalise a favourite horse or to switch between countries or codes; or those who don't use it at all at an even bigger disadvantage.

Whilst I agree it would be nice to level the playing field, I have managed to have major handicap winners and group placed horses from very small strings without putting that much time into the game. I also think it's very unfair to people who do sink hours into perfecting their team to suddenly have all of that mean nothing.

Who knows what the solution will be, or if there will be one.

So you don't disagree because leveling the playing field is all I'm after .... I just suggested the first thing that came into my head that I thought would achieve this.... and it was only meant to be a loose idea to be floated around ....... perhaps the title of the post was a bit misleading. As for being unfair to the few people that are already ready to dominate the league for many seasons .... well I thought there were currently no plans for a league as Mark felt it was unfair to newcomers and casual players so I was just trying to help get things moving. Perhaps I had the wrong picture ... in that case I apologise for butting in. As for being unfair to the "hardcore" players, well I have absolutely nothing against them but the truth is that there are very few of them and the "league" concept has so much potential it would be nice if it were simpler and more transparent for newbies and "casual" players. I have played this game for thousands of hours/hundreds of seasons and my horses still have to fight for scraps .... that is what is what is really unfair (not to me personally .... but to the people like me and apparently yourself, who play the game "normally".

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 pm
Group 1 winner

pauloneill wrote:

So you don't disagree because leveling the playing field is all I'm after .... I just suggested the first thing that came into my head that I thought would achieve this.... and it was only meant to be a loose idea to be floated around ....... perhaps the title of the post was a bit misleading. As for being unfair to the few people that are already ready to dominate the league for many seasons .... well I thought there were currently no plans for a league as Mark felt it was unfair to newcomers and casual players so I was just trying to help get things moving. Perhaps I had the wrong picture ... in that case I apologise for butting in. As for being unfair to the "hardcore" players, well I have absolutely nothing against them but the truth is that there are very few of them and the "league" concept has so much potential it would be nice if it were simpler and more transparent for newbies and "casual" players. I have played this game for thousands of hours/hundreds of seasons and my horses still have to fight for scraps .... that is what is what is really unfair (not to me personally .... but to the people like me and apparently yourself, who play the game "normally".

No, I disagree about having a league game which you have to select before you start. As I've already said I think it would alienate people. But the way it was for last season alienated many, as like you say, you find very quickly that your superstar horse is barely even good enough to come last in a 0-60 handicap. Even with that option selected someone could play for hundreds of seasons and still get a much better league team together than the casual player could after playing 15, the playing field will still be horribly skewed.

See, I don't even play for that long. But I agree that there really needs to be some way to level it so that two or three people can't dominate the whole league. Possibly bringing in some kind of transfer system so 'lesser' trainers can buy better horses from the 'better' trainers, I really don't know.

I think that the CK should be scrapped so you can't trial your horses, and maybe bring in some kind of game training screen so you can run race trials (like Godolphin or Coolmore do) to decide which to keep and which to scrap. All you could do then is to pick your best and enter them, then the playing field would be slightly more level as nobody would know how their horses would perform in the CK. For me personally I find it so boring to have to trial hundreds of horses in the CK AND race them and breed them in the game. It is too tedious and so I'm not very competitive in the league. Take the CK out of the equation and though I will be at a disadvantage to PJ (for example) because my horses haven't had as much dedicated breeding put into them, at least I know that his horse could flop as badly as mine in the CK.

I honestly don't know what the solution is. For now there are no set in stone plans for the league, you aren't butting in at all. I also agree that the league could have great potential, but so much needs to be worked out. It will be interesting to see what Mark comes up with.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:54 pm
Group 1 winner

well it looks like im out had a heart attack thurs before lastin recovery aswe speak

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:07 pm
Group 2 winner

jalupen wrote:
well it looks like im out had a heart attack thurs before lastin recovery aswe speak

Take it easy Steve.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:24 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:

Get Well soon buddy wishing you a full Speedy recovery mate

Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next