View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Latest online development news. 
Site Admin

Post Latest online development news.
As previously mentioned the plan is to finally do away with the construction kit and begin rebuilding the online options. The kit has been around for almost a decade and the combination of grinding, copying and pasting of files, having to manually email entries in and generally being newbie unfriendly means it's well past it's sell by date.

Work has started. There is no timescale and no promises on features or anything at all! It is real day 0 stuff so initially any online features need to be kept real simple. I also mentioned that ideally we plan to use a streaming service for online races (such as Twitch TV) rather than the actual game viewer. This means everyone get's to view the races with all visuals turned up and also gives everyone the option of watching the races on mobile devices or their TV etc. The intention is to remove the need for any manual manipulation of files and make entries automatic. Time will tell.

So the advice remains the same. Do not breed for the league right now. It could be that current horses can run but I can't confirm this yet.

One restriction that has been added is related to transferred horses. They will not be allowed in the export pool.

Plans are fluid. Depending on how early tests go they may change.

I will post any news here when/if it is available.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:06 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Latest online development news.
Thanks for the update Mark

I will definitely be a part of it once it's up and running

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:50 am
Group 1 winner

Good to hear from you Mark.

Much appreciated !!

Mark wrote:
One restriction that has been added is related to transferred horses. They will not be allowed in the export pool.

Mark can you elaborate on this?

I think what you mean is horses transferred from another game cannot be then exported to the horse pool but what if we then breed with them?

Is their offspring affected too etc?

Thanks

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:07 am
Site Admin

If we remove transfer pool horses I guess we also have to remove theiir offspring also.

This would require a export restart. A breeding restart may be needed depending on restrictions that are introduced to help avoid grinding and swapping of transfer files etc.

I am also for getting rid of the construction kit but there is plenty to think about. Players should export their best from the game and then rely on online races for comparisons.

Obviously there is plenty to talk about before any descisions are made and now is the time for input.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I think thats a very good idea get rid of ttf files (Transfers) for league players and keep it for casual players
I have a team ready but dont mind restarting

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I definitely think transfers need to stay. What about transferring flat horses to the jumps or vice versa (what it was originally intended for)? Every one of my horses is bred from a transferred horse either from a flat game to a jumps game or jumps to flat. This would rule me out completely of any league.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:01 pm
Group 1 winner

SuperCat wrote:
I definitely think transfers need to stay. What about transferring flat horses to the jumps or vice versa (what it was originally intended for)? Every one of my horses is bred from a transferred horse either from a flat game to a jumps game or jumps to flat. This would rule me out completely of any league.

But if this was implemented we would all have to start from scratch you cant get rid transfers without a restart
so we would all be in same boat i think it will be a case of breeding jumps and flat horses separately

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Something I have been thinking about doing is having a small closed(ish) PRE-BETA test early on just to see how a very basic race process (via Twitch or wherever) would work and to test some of the early, basic functionality.

This would in no way be a league. If it happens I will probably open it to current exports so don't throw them away yet and it will basically be a free for all (the only restrictions being the number of horses per race you can enter). Maybe a handful of races over varying distances over a week or so just to see if we are on the right track.

If this does go ahead I will post here on how to get involved.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:43 pm
Group 1 winner

great to hear things are moving in a positive direction good news

Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
SuperCat wrote:

But if this was implemented we would all have to start from scratch you cant get rid transfers without a restart
so we would all be in same boat i think it will be a case of breeding jumps and flat horses separately

I'm not worried about starting from scratch as such. More about the fact that for the pure enjoyment of the game I like to be able to transfer between the two codes. If doing this meant I couldn't ever play in the league then I would always be ruled out. Personally I think it might alienate a lot of new players too who have switched horses between codes. One of the whole points of overhauling the league is to try to stop needing to do all the grinding to get a decent league horse.

It would be nice to get rid of the CK. But it would still be nice to have somewhere in game where we could test horses against each other in a race environment.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:30 pm
Group 2 winner

I think you play the game and you can upload horses every week or when ever the league is on supercat, so you don't have to trail the horses anymore, or you can trail them on the home gallop course, also it would be fun if we pay a race fee for example,

Maiden : $1 per horse when it's entered in the race
Class : $1.20
listered : $1.60
G3 : $2
G2 : $2.50
G1 : $3

then the first 3 horses past the post get prize money, I mean real money, 5% goes to mark for maintenance of the site, and the rest of the monies go to prize money.
That would give the players the incentive to join the league,
you have an account like "Tom" and you credit it with money, and if your horse or horses win, the prize monies go into your account that a player can transfer back into their credit card or debit card
but I don't think mark would agree with me lol.
I dream of a league in the future that would run like that.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Tomas wrote:
I think you play the game and you can upload horses every week or when ever the league is on supercat, so you don't have to trail the horses anymore, or you can trail them on the home gallop course, also it would be fun if we pay a race fee for example,

Maiden : $1 per horse when it's entered in the race
Class : $1.20
listered : $1.60
G3 : $2
G2 : $2.50
G1 : $3

then the first 3 horses past the post get prize money, I mean real money, 5% goes to mark for maintenance of the site, and the rest of the monies go to prize money.
That would give the players the incentive to join the league,
you have an account like "Tom" and you credit it with money, and if your horse or horses win, the prize monies go into your account that a player can transfer back into their credit card or debit card
but I don't think mark would agree with me lol.
I dream of a league in the future that would run like that.

Maybe in the future. But I doubt there would be a lot of people who would pay!! We shall see, I guess it depends how big it gets and how much demand it places on the server.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:32 pm
Group 2 winner

True that supercat

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:35 pm
Group 1 winner

sorry i hate the idea of real money being involved people cheat with no cash involved so those who are that way
inclined would go all out to cheat the system to win real money
i just think with games its always a bad thing to involve money
It really should not be about that

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I agree with Paul Tomas I play for fun and won't pay to play if I wanted to do that plenty of sites hold virtual Racing with you can breed your horses and pay to play,

Gray

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next