View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Latest online development news. 
Site Admin

Post Re: Latest online development news.
Thanks for the offers.

Grey can you email in? I probably have your email someplace but forget what it is. The first step is for you to have a quick word with Leon. Once you are ok with what needs to be done the other roles should fall into place.

No doubt there may be some issues to work though but I can't think of any reason why something should not be up and running soon.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:24 pm
Group 1 winner

I'll help out if something needs doing.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Thanks for the offers.

Grey can you email in? I probably have your email someplace but forget what it is. The first step is for you to have a quick word with Leon. Once you are ok with what needs to be done the other roles should fall into place.

No doubt there may be some issues to work though but I can't think of any reason why something should not be up and running soon.

Mark I have sent you a E-mail to support@startersorders dot com Named Online League i hope this is the right e-mail to send to.

Gray

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Happy to continue to be involved in the usual stuff previews reviews betting markets dual code championships etc
not sure i would be any help in the technical side of running the league

On anther topic i am happy to run 3 races as an appetizer to the league
was thinking of an open mile race at Newmarket for 3yo
an open 1m4f race at epsom for 3yo
an open 1m6.5f race at doncaster for 3yo

Happy to run them and post You Tube Videos
I am heading to Aintree this weekend but after that & with the flat season now
virtually over will have time next week to run the races and put it together just a suggestion
let me Know what you think as Mark Says You Tube Video's take along time to make and upload
so I best keep it to 3 if there is an interest can look at maybe doing a few more later on

It will keep us going until another lge is worked out after xmas and now with it being possible to send horse files
it makes it possible to run races from the race builder anyway let me no

If The lge is going down the You tube route you would need several Video makers I have great experience in this and they
take a long time if you are running 20+ races a week thats a big workload for 1 or 2 people

Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I will help in any capacity needed lots of spare time

Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:42 am
Site Admin

Quote:
let me Know what you think as Mark Says You Tube Video's take along time to make and upload
so I best keep it to 3 if there is an interest can look at maybe doing a few more later on

Actually it wasn't that bad. You will need a decent PC and if you do not have a hardware capture device then a software solution (I used FRAPS). The software option will slow down the frame rate though if your machine is borderline.

The main thing is being familiar with the in-race view controls. F1-F5 (I think) and the Cursors and Home/End etc. That way you just run the race, record and the video is done when the race is over. You can adjust the view during the race as I did. It's not great but if you keep it simple works well enough. The resulting video will probably be VERY large (using FRAPS anyway). This is the problem. Uploading it would take forever. Use Windows Movie maker and save it out again and it will be much smaller. You will need to play with the settings so it still looks clear. I used 720p resolution and 60fps and the resulting movie was still quite small (around 180mb). The FRAPS version was many times bigger and would have taken ages to upload. FRAPS compression is quite low to reduce the impact on frame rate hence the very big files.

When ready email in as you will need software to build the races.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:42 pm
Group 1 winner

I use Bandi cam its much better than fraps Mark i also use windows movie maker its excellent when it does not crash (More stable lately)
but have not found anything similar WMM is so easy to use,

I am happy to give it a go if the interest is there (I did not realize id need software to run the races
thought this could be done from my CK but happy to try out the software if you are happy to go ahead

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I have been filming video games for years now started with counter strike now i do arma 3 dayz etc. i have used fraps and other programs the best by far is dxtory i just filmed a race in 1920x1080 the race file was 2.57 gig then I recoded it in virtual dub and got it to 66mb avi file with no loss in quality so less resolution would be even better it took 5mins to recode in vdub i if you guys want me to i can keep playing around with it..

Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm
Group 1 winner

ecistylez wrote:
I have been filming video games for years now started with counter strike now i do arma 3 dayz etc. i have used fraps and other programs the best by far is dxtory i just filmed a race in 1920x1080 the race file was 2.57 gig then I recoded it in virtual dub and got it to 66mb avi file with no loss in quality so less resolution would be even better it took 5mins to recode in vdub i if you guys want me to i can keep playing around with it..

Hi ecistylez, quick question, would you recommend

Snagit https://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

or

WM Capture 8 http://wmrecorder.com/products/wm-capture/

Sorry as it is a bit off topic but have been thinking of getting a recording program the last couple of months and narrowed it down to these.

Thanks

John

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:06 pm
Selling plater

hi john i have never used those two programs but i would say out of the two the vm one looks best but please before you buy one of them PLEASE try dxtory with this codec lagarith lossless codec.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:55 am
Handicapper

follis86 wrote:
Namor wrote:
dit74 wrote:
Just downloaded latest patch to try the CK again. It works fine but after one race when you click the X to go back then you would normally get your runners screen it is all blank and green!! Press escape and takes you back to main page of CK so I have to go in again and select the same horses again for the trial race. It used to keep the same ones after each race - is this a bug? Takes forever to trial horses if you have loads of them exported..

I have the same issue.

Me too.

Also, it doesn't allow me to enter a lot of horses. It says they are already entered but they are not.

On previous versions you could race the same horse (different age) against each other. Can we not do that now?

Is there any way we can bring back allowing the same horses of different ages trial together in the CK?

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:01 am
Group 1 winner

ecistylez wrote:
hi john i have never used those two programs but i would say out of the two the vm one looks best but please before you buy one of them PLEASE try dxtory with this codec lagarith lossless codec.

Thanks, I'm willing to pay as I don't want to get any unwanted popups etc.

But will have a re look at dxtory.

Is it free and which website do you download from?

Cheers

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:10 am
Selling plater

dxtory is free on extra torrent lol but here is the link http://exkode.com/dxtory-features-en.html its 3800 yen which is about $43 au and you can pay with pay pal you should download the torrent first if you like it buy it thats what I did I bought it after the first time I used it..

Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:56 am
Group 1 winner

Is it at all possible to get the old working version of the CK back? It had its flaws but it was still better than the current version.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 am
Handicapper

SiriusChill wrote:
Is it at all possible to get the old working version of the CK back? It had its flaws but it was still better than the current version.

You would have to go back to patch v1.026

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next