View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:27 pm



Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Latest online development news. 
Author Message
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:56 pm
Posts: 5261
Location: uk
Post Re: Latest online development news.
Mark wrote:
simpleminds wrote:
I have some admin access to tom has I used to change the handicap ratings and the going but I don't think I have full access and leon could give me a walkthrough might be helpful.


Gray

P.s I am sure Steve or I could do a basic short schedule to test it has we both done schedules for the league before.


Leon has some spare time first week of November so could help walk someone through TOM then. Email in if you are interested.



grayham37 @ Hotmail dot com Leon already has my e-mail


Gray

_________________
simple in mind but wonderful in young life
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNzbn9 ... idx5pNkHaQ


Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 2815
Post Re: Latest online development news.
Will we get the use of the CK back so we can trial our exports to find out who our best performers are?

And on that note I just tried the CK button in the chance that it was restored and the game just hangs with not even a message that it is not responding. Latest patch too - 1.043

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClB2FZ7Qvwq0Ons_6jN1lAQ - Watch The Cats! 24-7 Webcam Of Non-Profit Cat Rescue


Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:46 pm
Profile
Handicapper

Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 pm
Posts: 139
Post Re: Latest online development news.
SiriusChill wrote:
Will we get the use of the CK back so we can trial our exports to find out who our best performers are?

And on that note I just tried the CK button in the chance that it was restored and the game just hangs with not even a message that it is not responding. Latest patch too - 1.043


I agree. I would like to see what my latest can do. :)

_________________
Mufasa...


Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:50 pm
Profile
Handicapper
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:47 am
Posts: 409
Post Re: Latest online development news.
If you still have patch 1.026 you can overwrite the latest patch and get the ck back.


Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:04 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 14754
Location: Republic of Ireland
Post Re: Latest online development news.
i have not updated since 126 for this reason most of my enjoyment comes from seeing who the best is in CK
because you just cant work that out in game

_________________
Website http://www.aidanobrienfansite.com
Email pjrhodes1122@gmail.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/aobrienfansite


Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 pm
Posts: 139
Post Re: Latest online development news.
I have updated and I dont want to play an outdated game just for the CK even though I am currently thinking about it. Mark, can you restore it? I don't believe scrapping a feature is what we, the community, want anyway.

I'd appreciate it greatly! :)

_________________
Mufasa...


Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:47 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2314
Post Re: Latest online development news.
As we are reverting to the older method of exporting for competition it can probably go back in for now.

If anyone get's a crash entering the kit they should email in their hdb_?.dat file.


Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:18 am
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 14754
Location: Republic of Ireland
Post Re: Latest online development news.
will it come back in a patch Mark

_________________
Website http://www.aidanobrienfansite.com
Email pjrhodes1122@gmail.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/aobrienfansite


Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 2815
Post Re: Latest online development news.
SiriusChill wrote:
Will we get the use of the CK back so we can trial our exports to find out who our best performers are?

And on that note I just tried the CK button in the chance that it was restored and the game just hangs with not even a message that it is not responding. Latest patch too - 1.043


Yet another fault of mine. The CK button works fine now. Problem solved.

Mark, with this upcoming league reboot will we be able to use horses from the transfer pool like the previous league or is it still going to be what you said in the first post in this thread...

Quote:
So the advice remains the same. Do not breed for the league right now. It could be that current horses can run but I can't confirm this yet.

One restriction that has been added is related to transferred horses. They will not be allowed in the export pool.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClB2FZ7Qvwq0Ons_6jN1lAQ - Watch The Cats! 24-7 Webcam Of Non-Profit Cat Rescue


Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:10 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:03 am
Posts: 3905
Location: Wales
Post Re: Latest online development news.
Mark I've just updated my game and now it's saying there's no exported horses and when I put my my hbd file in it still says there no horses in there.

Image

Image

And yet when I open this one up

Image

They are there.

Image


Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:51 pm
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:56 pm
Posts: 5261
Location: uk
Post Re: Latest online development news.
I have just checked my exported horses even the ones I exported yesterday are not in there so nearly two years of exported horses are gone.


Gray

_________________
simple in mind but wonderful in young life
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNzbn9 ... idx5pNkHaQ


Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2314
Post Re: Latest online development news.
Changes are being made to revert to a setup similar to before. On some machines it seems this causes a problem. A patch will soon be released. As always backup your files just in case. It is a good idea to backup the hdb file anyhow as the game does not create a backup of this file currently. Put the files back next patch and it should work. Hopefully the option of running kit races will be in next patch. It may appear the same but under the hood it needs to use new code.


Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:23 am
Profile
Handicapper

Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 pm
Posts: 139
Post Re: Latest online development news.
Mark wrote:
Changes are being made to revert to a setup similar to before. On some machines it seems this causes a problem. A patch will soon be released. As always backup your files just in case. It is a good idea to backup the hdb file anyhow as the game does not create a backup of this file currently. Put the files back next patch and it should work. Hopefully the option of running kit races will be in next patch. It may appear the same but under the hood it needs to use new code.


Now you are making me curious. Any chance the outcome is going to be a little more predictable? Is there an actual change to the way CK operates? At the moment it feels like "in-game" results are way more consistent than CK results.

In any case. Thanks for restoring the option. :)

_________________
Mufasa...


Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:34 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 2314
Post Re: Latest online development news.
Namor wrote:
Mark wrote:
Changes are being made to revert to a setup similar to before. On some machines it seems this causes a problem. A patch will soon be released. As always backup your files just in case. It is a good idea to backup the hdb file anyhow as the game does not create a backup of this file currently. Put the files back next patch and it should work. Hopefully the option of running kit races will be in next patch. It may appear the same but under the hood it needs to use new code.


Now you are making me curious. Any chance the outcome is going to be a little more predictable? Is there an actual change to the way CK operates? At the moment it feels like "in-game" results are way more consistent than CK results.

In any case. Thanks for restoring the option. :)


The changes have been mainly to a layer of code between the menus and the race processing so not much has changed in the race code. There may have been some minor tweaks but the races are generated using the same code as in the game.

It should now be possible to trial horses in the export database as of 1.044. Please report any problems. Backup your HDB file to be safe.


Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:26 am
Profile
Group 1 winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 14754
Location: Republic of Ireland
Post Re: Latest online development news.
lads can you give me the heads up when new patch comes with ck back in i have a lot of updating to do
on 1,026 got to go to 1,044 so if you can let me know asap when its out only going to update when CK is back
thanks in advance

_________________
Website http://www.aidanobrienfansite.com
Email pjrhodes1122@gmail.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/aobrienfansite


Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.