View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Future SO7 league discussion thread. 
Site Admin

Post Future SO7 league discussion thread.
In light of recent events the direction of any future SO7 league needs talking about so changes can be made to the software.

As far as I was aware based on recent threads the consensus seemed to be around an SO7 league starting with current exports and this league being used for a testbed for future improvements when down the line there would be a possible restart. I know a handfull of people wan't to stick with a SO6 league which I'm happy to facilitate discussed elsewhere.

One suggestion beyond the first (SO7) league season or two was that a single player 'league mode' be added to SO7 that would not allow imports. Only exports from this game would then be valid. Personaly I quite liked this idea as it means changes can be made to the breeding side if required to lower the realism and make it more predictable which is what a number of people wan't (but I'm not sure if this is a consensus). This needs talking about if it is to happen.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:39 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Future SO7 league discussion thread.
My argument for doing another SO6-season was on the basis of keeping the league running.
I agree that we also should push for a SO7-league, it just seems to me that there are to many obstacles just now to get it up and running in short time. I really appreciate that you are starting to look at what an SO7-league can be and how it can work. I am looking forward to healthy discussions in here.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:14 am
Group 1 winner

my main problem is the game can be manipulated too easily if someone like me can find it then anyone can but this gameplay obviously doesn't appeal to everyone which means there will be a massive gulf in class when the league happens.i for one do not want that as it will lead to the demise of the league and its not just tff files that are a problem ive been playing for 2 weeks and already have full stat horses that are ready for the league and that's just not right things need to be looked at otherwise we're dead in the water

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:33 am
Site Admin

Quote:
my main problem is the game can be manipulated too easily if someone like me can find it then anyone can but this gameplay obviously doesn't appeal to everyone which means there will be a massive gulf in class when the league happens.i for one do not want that as it will lead to the demise of the league and its not just tff files that are a problem ive been playing for 2 weeks and already have full stat horses that are ready for the league and that's just not right things need to be looked at otherwise we're dead in the water

You need to be specific and detail the manipulation otherwise it's impossible to know exactly what you are talking about.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:11 am
Group 1 winner

Mark - thank you for opening this thread.

I think you need to read this post by Josh which highlights why action needs to be taken regarding ttf abuse.

Quote:
It is actually a lot worse than you may imagine, suspect you have simply not pushed the boundaries far enough yet, you can get the same horse in multiple times and in multiple games easily. Say you have a monster 2yo colt, save your game then export it to the ttf. Then crash the game and return to the load, now you have that horse in game and in the tff. Cycle the game a year and repeat with the 3yo version of said monster, now you have three, keep going say 15 years and you have a tff with 15 versions of said monster. Make a copy of the ttf. Then import all 15 into a new game ideally one with a few hundred mares in the barn, breed the monster. Keep the tff, put it back into the game file structure and put those 15 monsters into a second game, again ideally one with a few hundred mares now you have 30 versions of the breeding monster, rinse and repeat for your 8 saved games and or repeat with the monsters bred from the monsters.......

I don’t play SO7 I still totally hate it, but it took me about 5mins to work out how I would maximise my breeding if I wanted too. Mark has screwed the pooch for the league in my view with both throughly exploitable breeding and throughly ridiculous randomisation. The gulf between those who put in the time and those who just play will be wider than ever before.

I like the idea of the button which you have mentioned in your opening post.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark I would go down the league player mode and that would make it better then if a trainer puts in the most time have the best horses its due to his gameplay not his use of the ttf files.

Gray

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
I think you need to read this post by Josh which highlights why action needs to be taken regarding ttf abuse.

I did read that. All the TTF issues he mentions would be removed with the custom league orientated single player mode if were to be introduced at a later date (as no TTF). As for the 'ridiculous randomisation' comment, the breeding results are now closer to the 'randomness' of reality that is all, but it does not suit the way the average league player plays (or needs to play) the game. This could also be modified to a degree quite easily in the case of the separate league play mode because it need not affect the main single player game at all.

The changes mentioned above are quick and easy as far as development goes. It could be done quickly. The only question previously revolved around when it was introduced because obviously all previous exports would be ineligible and this upset some. That was why as a compromise a season was suggested be run with current horses. Not because it would take a while to introduce (although some time would need to be taken to get any new breeding adjustments right via patches).

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:22 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm a massive fan of the league player mode being introduced straight away, And I actually have full stat horses now in SO7, although only 97.5% potential but that wont take long to fix to 100..

if we go back to SO6 for the league I definitely wouldn't take part, I'm already too far behind, the top guys are so far ahead now it would be pointless. I've not played it since way before the start of the last season due to expecting the SO7 league.

While it might upset some people who have put a lot of time in if current horses couldn't be used, I'd class myself as part of that group. I would have no issues with it as it will definitely progress the league to a much better point for the future competitiveness

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:40 pm
Group 3 winner

Mark, is there any way that imports can be checked so the same horse cannot be imported twice?
This is what the TTF exploit allows.
Just asking. :)

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Quote:

I did read that. All the TTF issues he mentions would be removed with the custom league orientated single player mode if were to be introduced at a later date (as no TTF). As for the
Quote:
'ridiculous randomisation'
comment, the breeding results are now closer to the 'randomness' of reality that is all, but it does not suit the way the average league player plays (or needs to play) the game. This could also be modified to a degree quite easily in the case of the separate league play mode because it need not affect the main single player game at all.

The changes mentioned above are quick and easy as far as development goes. It could be done quickly. The only question previously revolved around when it was introduced because obviously all previous exports would be ineligible and this upset some. That was why as a compromise a season was suggested be run with current horses. Not because it would take a while to introduce (although some time would need to be taken to get any new breeding adjustments right via patches).

Sorry - I should have left
Quote:
'ridiculous randomisation'
off the cut n paste as it wasn't relevent to the rest of the message.

I totally agree with what you suggested about a trial league season first and then implimenting the new game play for the second season - it seemed like a good solution.

For what it's worth I back your idea in.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:00 pm
Group 2 winner

A trial season with the league mode in game sounds like a great solution to me as in this time we'd be playing the 'test' season, nothing would have been happening anyway. Can't do any harm surely

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Group 1 winner

well for starters there needs to be an auto save feature at the end of the season as if you save your game on the last day restart go to day 1 look at your yearlings and if you don't like what you see crash the game and reload you get a new lot this can be rinsed and repeated as many times as you like

Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
well for starters there needs to be an auto save feature at the end of the season as if you save your game on the last day restart go to day 1 look at your yearlings and if you don't like what you see crash the game and reload you get a new lot this can be rinsed and repeated as many times as you like

Nice one something I never knew about Mark sort it out lol.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

I tried crashing out loads today for betting purposes for money and it auto saved every time

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:05 pm
Group 1 winner

the game has already a built in auto save especially for crash purposes what patch version
are you on Steve I think the Autosave has been in play for a couple months

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next