View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 SOPL Season 9 TOM Registration now open 
Selling plater

another quick question what is the donate and draft section all about and if theres anything else a newbe may need to know could some1 possibly explain

thanks
ste

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 pm
Handicapper

funny you should ask that I am about to post something on this

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:54 pm
Selling plater

I really want to join a league and have a crack at it, sounds a good laugh. Im only a novice though. In my 7th season, have my breeding going but nothing to write home about coming through the ranks (few maiden winners but never seem to carry on from there) so is it a waste of time really, will i just get extremely battered ??

Also, as well as being a novice im quite bad with uploading, downloading and basicaly anything to do with that stuff (im feckin brilliant on microsoft word & solitair though). I dont have any silks, or now how to make silks.

Is it quite easy to get the hang of once your into it ?

Any help on the above would be most welcome,

Cheers.. Dan.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:17 am
Handicapper

Dan, there are all different grades of races in the league. There is also something called the D&D where you can bid for decent horses donated from top trainers which will race for your stable. A lot of your questions can be answered here: http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:32 am
Selling plater

You should certainly have a go at the league there is no mistake it will be very difficult to win a big prize in your first season, but the league caters for all levels of skill as there are restricted and banded races each week after the initial maiden weeks. I joined last year with limited ability and managed two seconds and a winner in the banded grade and I cannot tell you how happy I was that I managed that. The league will enhance and prolong your use of SO3 as well as you have so much more to try to achieve to compete against the best.

The league community is really welcolming and there are plenty of people who will be willing and able to support you on the technical side of things. If you ask for help on the silks as well you will find that someone will design the exact set you need, I managed this last year and it's great to see them on the racecard.

I feel as long as you approach the league with a sense of fun you cannot fail to enjoy the season and you will without doubt improve as a player of the SO series.

One tip would be to join the US flat league as your main stable as the UK league will be very hot indeed.

I hope to see you in the league.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:34 am
Selling plater

Defo going to give it a go this season, will register after the weekend probably! Im a lot more confident now, having had my first Group One 2YO winner last night!!!!! Happy days!!!

If anyone can donate me any silks it would be most appreciated (Red / Black stripes - man city away colours) !!!

Anyway, my 2YO's are flying now after last night, well one of them is, so watch out!!! haha..

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:47 am
Selling plater

Does anybody have a template for making silks??

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 am
Handicapper

I believe there is a post on the league forum for that.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 pm
Selling plater

On the question of silks, I have registered for the League but forgot to upload my silks, can I still upload my silks and if so how ?

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:55 pm
Handicapper

On the question of silks, I have registered for the League but forgot to upload my silks, can I still upload my silks and if so how ?

Go to edit stable. If you look at your own stable (View Your Own Stable button from the front menu) and click the edit stable button you are given the opportunity to do it from there.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:44 pm
Selling plater

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:41 pm
Selling plater

OK.. managed to register to the league fine i think. But it has said that my silks failed to laod, probably because i havent got a clue how to do them or anything haha.

Is this going to be a problem or will it just give me some random silks ?

Or do i have to add them in order to play, and if so, is there a template somewhere i can use ?

Thankya

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:04 am
Handicapper

http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/topic/16199

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:11 am
Handicapper

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2