View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Stewards Room 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Stewards Room
All's cool Jamie and Taunton and others. I thought a finger wagging was needed for what I was seeing. I never thought any serious nefarious actions were occurring.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 am
Group 1 winner

Race 31 - The horses Medal of Honor and No Sleep show in the TOM racecard and in the horse files for the race but they appear to not have run in the actual race. Somebody make a mistake here?

Edit - Looks like they are just out of the handicap rules - I think? Were they left out because of this?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:08 am
Group 1 winner

Race 32 - Las Vertientes Shows in the racecard and the horse files but not in the actual race. I see no issues rules wise with this one. Do we have a mistake here?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Race 32 - Las Vertientes Shows in the racecard and the horse files but not in the actual race. I see no issues rules wise with this one. Do we have a mistake here?

R30 Ladbrokes Marathon Leg 2 (15f)
Medal Of Honour (Daniel French) - Ineligible by distance rule. Best maiden run was over 21f.
No Sleep (Carl Arrogante) - Ineligible by distance rule. Best maiden run was over 18f.

R32 Bet Victor Mile Juv Champs Leg 2 (9f)
Las Vertientes (Darren Thompson) - Ineligible by distance rule. Best maiden run was over 6f.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Howdy

Hope this is the place for this question.
I'm trying to nominate "Good Touch" for Race 20, Chicester City Handicap 5f but TOM wont let me.
Have i misunderstood the 2f distance rule as his maiden run was at 7f but his last race was at 8f?

Cheers

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:35 pm
Group 1 winner

yes jango its 2f either side of the horses best run so if its best run was over a mile then you can run at 6f-1m2f

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 pm
Handicapper

jalupen wrote:
yes jango its 2f either side of the horses best run so if its best run was over a mile then you can run at 6f-1m2f

Ah ok, no worries.
I misread the rules when i saw the word "maiden". :roll:
Learning continues.....

So if his next run at 7f is better than the 8f, 7f becomes the new "best run" distance?
If his first race had been a "Maiden" class race the distance is set for the season?
Sorry just want to make sure i understand properly now. :)

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
jalupen wrote:

Ah ok, no worries.
I misread the rules when i saw the word "maiden". :roll:
Learning continues.....

So if his next run at 7f is better than the 8f, 7f becomes the new "best run" distance?
If his first race had been a "Maiden" class race the distance is set for the season?
Sorry just want to make sure i understand properly now. :)

Its taken from the first two Runs it says Maiden because when the rule was brought in week 1 was all Maiden races and most of week 2 was too the schedule has changed now so its the best run of the first two races a horse has so if your horses best run was 1m after two runs you are set on 6f - 1m 2f for the rest of the season.

Gray

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

simpleminds wrote:
Its taken from the first two Runs it says Maiden because when the rule was brought in week 1 was all Maiden races and most of week 2 was too the schedule has changed now so its the best run of the first two races a horse has so if your horses best run was 1m after two runs you are set on 6f - 1m 2f for the rest of the season.

Gray

Ok got it. :)

With form of 14th and 11th i dont think it matters where i put this horse anyways :lol:

Thanks for the clarification

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 pm
Handicapper

Howdy

I want to appeal the classification of my horse "Good Touch" as an 8f runner.

3. Handicaps - horses will be allowed in handicaps 2f either side of their best maiden run. If they have not run in a maiden then 2f either side of their best run. The exception to this is 2m + where horses will be elgible for 2f less than their best run and all races greater than their best run.

I ran him at 7f for his first event believing that would set him as a 7f runner.
Had the rules clearly stated the classification would be based on the best of the first 2 runs i would not have run him in the 8f event as he is 5f sprinter.

Cheers

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Howdy

I want to appeal the classification of my horse "Good Touch" as an 8f runner.

3. Handicaps - horses will be allowed in handicaps 2f either side of their best maiden run. If they have not run in a maiden then 2f either side of their best run. The exception to this is 2m + where horses will be elgible for 2f less than their best run and all races greater than their best run.

I ran him at 7f for his first event believing that would set him as a 7f runner.
Had the rules clearly stated the classification would be based on the best of the first 2 runs i would not have run him in the 8f event as he is 5f sprinter.

Cheers

Being a Newbie i can see your point if no other trainer Objects i will allow your horse to run over 5f before that i need the horse name and its rating as he has been Rated on his 7f Race it should be given a higher Rating Penalty of 10 points. Or Sirius can Adjust it as he is the Handicapper.

Gray

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

simpleminds wrote:

Being a Newbie i can see your point if no other trainer Objects i will allow your horse to run over 5f before that i need the horse name and its rating as he has been Rated on his 7f Race it should be given a higher Rating Penalty of 10 points. Or Sirius can Adjust it as he is the Handicapper.

Gray

Thankyou
The horses name is "Good Touch" and my records show his rating was 67 after the 7f run.
His current rating is 50.

Cheers

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:43 pm
Handicapper

Howdy

Sorry to be a nuisance but i have another enquiry.

My horse "Boatman" appears to be classified as a 9f horse.

But his best of his first 2 runs was 7f.

Can you please take a look at why?

Cheers

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:58 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Howdy

Sorry to be a nuisance but i have another enquiry.

My horse "Boatman" appears to be classified as a 9f horse.

But his best of his first 2 runs was 7f.

Can you please take a look at why?

Cheers

Its best run by Tom will be its first run 7f not its second run 8f so it will be able to run 2f either side of 7f.

Gray

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
simpleminds wrote:

Gray

Thankyou
The horses name is "Good Touch" and my records show his rating was 67 after the 7f run.
His current rating is 50.

Cheers

He can run off 67 Pick a race next week and if no other Trainer Objects he can run over 5f.

Gray

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next