View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 League Entry Rules Clarification 
Group 1 winner

Post League Entry Rules Clarification
Few questions if I may, seeking to avoid last weeks botched entries:

1 - If a horse runs a group race, without a win, can it then enter a maiden? I assume so, but is it then restricted to maiden runs only until it wins one?

2 - To enter a G1 is it correct that the horse must only have had one run, irrespective of result? Accepting the lowest rating horses will be withdrawn from a full field.

3 - With respect to the distance entry cap, 2f either side of best run, does this not only come into play when the horse has two runs under it's belt, taking the best of the two?, so I should not see this as an entry restriction after just one run?

4 - Where I see a rating band for a race entry, but no handicap (unless this is implied as one and I am being slow) for example from week 7's schedule:

UKRA WK7 R14 Bunbury Cup -- Max Rating : 110
Newmarket Flat 7f 0-110 Open 3+ Entries close: 00:00 PM 29 Apr 2016 UKT

Are un-raced horses even with the entry rating of 75, discounted from a run?

Josh

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Entry Rules Clarification
Githyanki wrote:

1 - If a horse runs a group race, without a win, can it then enter a maiden? I assume so, but is it then restricted to maiden runs only until it wins one?

2 - To enter a G1 is it correct that the horse must only have had one run, irrespective of result? Accepting the lowest rating horses will be withdrawn from a full field.

3 - With respect to the distance entry cap, 2f either side of best run, does this not only come into play when the horse has two runs under it's belt, taking the best of the two?, so I should not see this as an entry restriction after just one run?

4 - Where I see a rating band for a race entry, but no handicap (unless this is implied as one and I am being slow) for example from week 7's schedule:

Josh

1 Yes
2 Yes
3 Only Counts for handicaps
4 No not allowed

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:

Josh

Regarding your first question...once it's ran the horse can run in any stature of race. Maiden, group and handicaps

Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks both.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]