View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Project Next Season 
Group 1 winner

Post Project Next Season
Now the window is firmly closed for this season I have already made a start
on putting some together for Next Season.

Most of my Success this term on the flat has come with my stayers
Azz De Mei Ze Lawnmower & Order of St George so going to have some fun
experimenting with gamebreds I found a really nice Gamebred
called Raquel Valentino who had smart Battling qualities but her potential
was low i crossed her with Ze Lawnmower and there son Say My Name
Looks Useful so now using him as my main Stallion to cover Az De Mei & Order
of St George early days but you can see Stormy Pacific out of there first crop
not going to kill myself for next season im already way behind John James And Steve
but can have some real fun with the stayers and you never know what that can
come to. once i get a full bar 3yo i will be looking to find a gamebred with
good cruising burst but one thing at a time :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Project Next Season
try to keep the 2 lines seperate and when you find your game changer hopefully a filly breed it with every half decent horse and within 3 gens you will be able to bin everything that came before but you probably know this al ready.
as this will be my last week i will over the weekend reveal a few of my secrets that most but not all will know on how to breed for the league just need to remember how to play as this is nowhere near how you play the game.

will only do this if theres enough interest

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:47 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
try to keep the 2 lines seperate and when you find your game changer hopefully a filly breed it with every half decent horse and within 3 gens you will be able to bin everything that came before but you probably know this al ready.
as this will be my last week i will over the weekend reveal a few of my secrets that most but not all will know on how to breed for the league just need to remember how to play as this is nowhere near how you play the game.

Would certainly be interested in this and think it will be helpful to everyone especially newbies

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

jalupen wrote:

Yeah sounds good.

One thing I like to do is create a schedule with only 3 to 4 months racing.
Only for breeding. Can skip through seasons really quick this way and breed more horses.
I can get through a season in a few minutes. It saves a lot of time.
Once I get my 2yo's in game I race them twice and trial them straight in ck. Keep them for a season and trial them again as 3yo.
For jumpers it would be 4 and 5yo for young horses and 6 and 7yo for staying horses.
If they don't perform I retire them from the game. No point continuing with a horse that doesn't perform well in CK.
I take my best two CK horses over every distance and import several of them at difference ages.
Breed away with them and just same process. Find the ones that perform best in CK.
Breeding with the highest priced gamebreds is always a good way to go.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:28 pm
Handicapper

yous guys are so pro, can't give me your phone numbers so i can spend a while learning from you? :)

Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:28 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:

It goes to show that there's more than one way to breed good horses because I do the complete opposite.

As A wise Man( Andy C) once said, sometimes u got to go back to go forward. And I never get shot of any horse.

And when I get time tomorrow I will show it, how I used A very old horse to go forward.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:43 pm
Group 1 winner

once you pass a certain point the need for older dat file horses isnt there as they actually pull you back instead of forward ive just binned about 80% of my horses as they were from 2014 i only have about 60/70 horses from 2016 most of my league team can be acredited to 2/3 base horses once you get into 3 or 4 gens you have yourself even more diverse gene pool that (if you have the right trait ) will give you an endless supply of better and better horses

combine this with a shorter season(as jimmy said) i like 2 a fifty day and a june 30th the latter being my fave both start on 1st jan and have been altered to include 2yo 3yo races from around the world. sell base horses (no art money as you only run 6 or 7 seasons)import your 4 fillies 2 colts i like a mix of distances although the colts are 1 sprinter 1middle .Ialso have no prob breeding with game breds although you are more likely to get a good one from a homebred filly to a gamebred colt the reason being the the offspring will 99% of the time inherit the fillies potential which should be full doing this you should be able to churn 10/20 full potential offspring every 7 seasons
rinse and repeat for 3 or 4 hours then trial change horses then start again

ps my league team were bred in 3 weeks from horses that were from march 2015 (i know cos thats when i stopped due to heart bypass)

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:15 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
once you get into 3 or 4 gens you have yourself even more diverse gene pool that (if you have the right trait ) will give you an endless supply of better and better horses

Firstly sorry to hear that Jal about your heart condition. Hope you are well bro.

But what you said above, "the right trait" is key!!

Cheers

John

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:07 am
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:

I'll be all ears!

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:32 am
Group 1 winner

I'll show u how going backwards means u go forward.

Now my 2yo's were getting better/faster but in doing so I was losing some of their potential ability. It was going down so I went right back in time to one of my first ever 2yo's.

And look how close he was bred to my Maiden 5f 2yo winner Reckless Abandon. It goes to show u should never abandon any horse because it might come in handy later on.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:04 am
Group 1 winner

I just play the game normally and seem to do ok. Only played about 40 seasons as well.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:49 am
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
I just play the game normally and seem to do ok. Only played about 40 seasons as well.

lol only 3 seasons here on my main game and i only mess about for a season on any other

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree with Leon I play and breed Normally using the best Stallions and mares I have I play the jumps more and that shows in the leagues my Jumpers are way ahead of my flat horses although I have put in a few weeks since the league started on the flat breeding the way I do with lots of different horses over different distances but you must use Good Gamebred horse's that appear in the barn if they have won lots of group races also I mix my Jump and flat horse's to breed with in longer races to try and get more speed in the stayers.

Gray

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

ah but ghost you went back with the right trait a full speed bar is all it takes

this is why you should always start the game with sprinters get the speed in early then you can breed them with anything also be choosy i have 3 or 4 game horses that took me a while to get all colts ,game doesnt give good fillies for some reason

as for your 2yo well you probably watered the speed down

and leon does well cos he started with sprinters (am i right or not)

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:54 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
ah but ghost you went back with the right trait a full speed bar is all it takes

this is why you should always start the game with sprinters get the speed in early then you can breed them with anything also be choosy i have 3 or 4 game horses that took me a while to get all colts ,game doesnt give good fillies for some reason

as for your 2yo well you probably watered the speed down

and leon does well cos he started with sprinters (am i right or not)

I can genuinely say I never started with sprinters, in terms of ability they were probably the weakest part of my team going into this year. Actually the most important sprint sire is my miler Mill Reef, never showed his true ability in the league( running style doesn't suit the league) but is a outstanding/mega star sire.

My 6f horses are by him, Elbio my maiden winner is his direct son and College Chapel is a grand son of his, I've worked from top to bottom and not bottom to top. I worked the hardest on my sprinters this year because my sprinters from last year wouldn't be good enough to win group races in the league.

When Mark re set the game in September 2014 I started out breeding Stayers, then I found the Clown Clan.

The most important family in my breeding because they were good on the flat and very important over jumps.

The Clown family :D were Moments of a Clown- Cryin to the End- Clownin Moments- Crying to the Clown and one or two other Clowns. They were either 1m2 horses or 1m4 horses.

The was the first horse I breed with almost a full extra speed rating bar and that is my 1m2 horse Reference Point and he is from the 4 December 2015.

It goes to show that there's more than one way to breed good horses, because u started with the sprinters and I started with middle/ stayers.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next