View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 League Trials Races 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Trials Races
Thunderspark Can I ask when you was in the league before which version of the game you was playing SO5? did you have runners in the league what was the name you used plus if you only started in July you really have got a good breeding program going I am well jealous.

Thanks

Gray

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

i also am derek interested tony
please send
derekwilliam@talk21.com
many thanx

thunderspark1 wrote:
dit74 wrote:

I would also be interested in how to increase Cruising Burst its the one stat I cant seem to breed in my lines, if you could share with me I too would be grateful, email is dit74 at yahoo dot co dot uk

Thanks for the insights

Sent

And goodluck with your horses.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:08 am
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Thunderspark Can I ask when you was in the league before which version of the game you was playing SO5? did you have runners in the league what was the name you used plus if you only started in July you really have got a good breeding program going I am well jealous.

Thanks

Gray

I'm pretty sure Thunderspark was one of the top trainers from SO4. I think him and Scatters near enough dominated the flat back then. Not sure if he took part in SO5 league tbh.

Iirc he had a YouTube channel featuring a few league races and some of his trials races.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:19 am
Group 3 winner

spot on kev
him and scatters was top flat trainers
he as not played since then

Kevcon wrote:
simpleminds wrote:

Thanks

Gray

I'm pretty sure Thunderspark was one of the top trainers from SO4. I think him and Scatters near enough dominated the flat back then. Not sure if he took part in SO5 league tbh.

Iirc he had a YouTube channel featuring a few league races and some of his trials races.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Pontypool Park - is a Fantasy track over 2m 1f Oval Right handed course it is based on Larkhill's Point to Point Course in Wiltshire it holds both codes of racing and along with a Main Stands hold a Picnic Area near the Grand National Fence on the side in my Game it holds 4 flat meetings a season 2 in May and 2 in November the Guineas Meetings are in May while the Derby, Oaks, Welsh Leger and Welsh Gold Cup are in November. The Jumps have a 4day Festival last week of May to finish the jumps season.

Flat - Favours the handy type of horse the tight turn is two furlongs from home and just a Furlong to the finish when staighted up so held up horse's may be at an Disavantage.

Jumps - The course have different types of Fences and are quiet large including a Aintree Fence again its best to be near the front turning for home there is one fence before the winning Post and one before the turn down the side run in is under an Furlong The hurdles Course have no flights in the straight so there is well over a two furlong run in on the hurdle course again a short run to the post in the straight.

Fences - 14 per Circuit
Hurdles - 7 Per Circuit

Ponypool Park - Image

Main Stands - Image

Picnic Area - Image

Gray

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Any news on the going in sunny, or maybe not so sunny, Pontypool?

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Kevcon wrote:

lol always Raining in wales but funny enough this week is sunny Good Ground all Trials Kev.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Yep I remember Thunder from years ago him and Scatters had some good battles so he is not
new just a new account.

Thunderspark was always open and helpful on showing how he did things back then his advice posts helped me
when i got started and did not involve cheating even though at that time it was going on and several people were evicted.
Luckily today its a clean league and has been since the start of SO5

Id say I have played this version more than most and have never seen some of those stats that he
has shown buts thats not saying they are not achievable genuinely I have never got near them and i have tried
many ways of breeding and there are some stats of other trainers that I have never reached maybe being down to me
not being as good at breeding as others.

as anyone knows stringent security checks are done before any league starts all horses are tested thoroughly
and in the transfer window so moving forward i think everyone should be careful before making unjustified accusations.

I remember something similar happend when AKHC turned up in SO5 and dominated one season of the league and
was so far superior to anyone a long way clear and set times the next 4 best trainers could not match i remember us all
clubbing our horses together right at the end of SO5 and still could not beat him but nothing was ever proven even though
you would think the chance of one man dominating every distance would be highly unlikely but it happened he however
disapeard since after a few questioned his dominance.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Kevcon wrote:

lol always Raining in wales but funny enough this week is sunny Good Ground all Trials Kev.

thanks Gray
I'll send my horses over tomorrow or Wednesday.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:01 pm
Handicapper

Githyanki wrote:
Am I missing something here? Some history or an insinuation of hacking breeding lines with legends?

Have to say in 80 odd seasons I have never seen a 7f with crusing burst that high but then I had also not seen full extra speed 1.4m's until I breed for them.

Dont know who he is and I have nothing against him. I guess it is understandable to be skeptical of someone who just started recently to start winning and posting horses with nice stats. But like I said, anyone can replicate what I do but its mind numbingly tedious and time consuming.
simpleminds wrote:

Thanks

Gray

I used to play SO4 way back like Kev and Del said. Ran against Scatters monsters back then.

I posted some league races to youtube way back in 2011

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:52 pm
Handicapper

delmonty1964 wrote:
i also am derek interested tony
please send
derekwilliam@talk21.com
many thanx

I send part 1. I'll send the 2nd part tomorrow to give you some time to read thru.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:54 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Yep I remember Thunder from years ago him and Scatters had some good battles so he is not
new just a new account.

Thunderspark was always open and helpful on showing how he did things back then his advice posts helped me
when i got started and did not involve cheating even though at that time it was going on and several people were evicted.

Id say I have played this version more than most and have never seen some of those stats that he
has shown buts thats not saying they are not achievable genuinely I have never got near them and i have tried
many ways of breeding and there are some stats of other trainers that I have never reached maybe being down to me

as anyone knows stringent security checks are done before any league starts all horses are tested thoroughly
and in the transfer window so moving forward i think everyone should be careful before making unjustified accusations.

I remember something similar happend when AKHC turned up in SO5 and dominated one season of the league and
was so far superior to anyone a long way clear and set times the next 4 best trainers could not match i remember us all
clubbing our horses together right at the end of SO5 and still could not beat him but nothing was ever proven even though
you would think the chance of one man dominating every distance would be highly unlikely but it happened he however

Hey there PJ.

I can honestly say there is no cheating involved and thru logic, I can explain how to add any stat to breeding lines. But as I've said many times now, it's time consuming and boringly tedious to do.

If you want the explanation, here is my email and you can contact me directly.
fierceking@mts.net

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:58 pm
Group 1 winner

thunderspark1 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
new just a new account.

Hey there PJ.

I can honestly say there is no cheating involved and thru logic, I can explain how to add any stat to breeding lines. But as I've said many times now, it's time consuming and boringly tedious to do.

If you want the explanation, here is my email and you can contact me directly.
fierceking@mts.net

Hey mate good to see you back

The Dochay legends revelations & video how to hex edit have i guess made the forum a bit skeptical even though
I thought at the time it would damage the integrity of the league i think it helped Mark to tighten security of the files so from someone
wanting to show how clever they are at least a positive came out of it but has made people question when someone comes along and shows some dominance.

I play alot but have not got into the old habit of just churning out 1000s of horses flashing through seasons
I play the game normally and enjoy it and do ok I would not really want to go back the way i used to do it
as you say mindnumbling boring and tedious

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The draw back I foresee of making breeding a science is that few I suspect have the time or inclination to replicate it, and the law of unintended consequences may make league dominance just as tedious in the long run.

Two played games and some breeding games to add more horses and gamebreds to them works for me, should get two more batches cooked before the league :)

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:59 am
Group 1 winner

One question thunder if I may, are you making multiple copies of the same horses with the stats you want to increase your percentages of passing that trait down your lines? I messed about with this myself, and it was how i got extra speed into a wider range of distances, but it is pretty dull to do and I gave up on it after a few seasons. I do tend to copy those horses that set a new bar into each of my games, but like to mix it up now to avoid the issue with having the same parentage on my best horses, I also tend to set my barns with a ten to one ratio colts to fillies to further break away from this. Dilutes the stats more than I would like but makes it less of a chore.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next