View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 League Trials Races 
Selling plater

Post Re: League Trials Races
dangersteve wrote:
thunderspark1 wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
One question thunder if I may, are you making multiple copies of the same horses with the stats you want to increase your percentages of passing that trait down your lines? I messed about with this myself, and it was how i got extra speed into a wider range of distances, but it is pretty dull to do and I gave up on it after a few seasons. I do tend to copy those horses that set a new bar into each of my games, but like to mix it up now to avoid the issue with having the same parentage on my best horses, I also tend to set my barns with a ten to one ratio colts to fillies to further break away from this. Dilutes the stats more than I would like but makes it less of a chore.

No I don't make mutliple copies of horses. It's not necessary but I guess it would work.

I usually send 2 emails to the people who request some explation.

The first email explains why sometimes breeding your best horses is not always the best way. Most of the time it will work. But eventually they will no longer improve. The horse's stats will actually capped out and you wont see any progress anymore.

The 2nd email is the actual step by step way of improving it in detail. This is the tedious part of the process.

If you leave your email or you can email me and I can send the first part which should explain some things. It might give you some ideas that you can incorporate into your breeding. The explanation should be enough and you can breed your own way since not everyone would want to do it the way I do it.

Id be very interested to receive what info you can provide on improving bloodlines! My breeding has stalled significantly and rather than begin a new game I'd like to try a different approach to resurrect what I already have!

email to steclarence at hot male dot com.

Many thanks!
Steve

Hi thunderspark1, I would love to have this info too if its not too much trouble, my email is escapethoroughbreds at gmail dot com.
Many thanks!

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Keep to subject please lads all this best left in the past and not a great thing for new forum members to have to read through
If this continues will have no option to lock the subject.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

It can't hurt to buy a 3yo 4m stallion with 80% Potential and 85% Cruising Burst, 5-6 other bars maxed too. Happened yesterday to me in the new year auction. :D
This was the missing part in my breeding stock, looking forward to his breeding results.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7