View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 ASK THE HANDICAPPER 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: ASK THE HANDICAPPER
R35 SPRING SPREE G3

I have graded it as a Listed race as the field wasn't that strong and I feel I'd be doing the winner and place getters a misjustice by grading it as a normal G3 race.

The same with the restricted Listed race - I have gone easy with the ratings on that race as well.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:59 am
Group 1 winner

Before I start - Sorry Vinny lol

Doug can you take a look at some of the ratings as per below please? I was looking at Race 15, Keissi Hai Autumn Stakes

Is the rating of Toronto Knot correct, and is the rating of Alysson Felix correct - For example

Alysson Felix

Between weeks 8 and 12 she didn't drop in rating at all from 80, despite being 11th (0-110), 7th (0-85), 11th (0-90), 16th (Listed - no rating move for this I accept is fair for being Listed), 11th (0-85). I accept the drop from 80-70 now is fair and everything relating to my other horse Creme Carnation is fair having been dropped from mid 110's to 60 (sigh). But for Alysson to not have been touched for four weeks straight isn't really giving her much of a chance!

Toronto Knot

Surely this is a mistake right? (Once again sorry Vinny lol), over the same period of Alysson, has gone from 85 to 45 despite being 2nd and 5th in 0-110 company and then a fair drop of 5lb for the run in week 11 but has now been dropped 33lbs for finishing last over 6f (a distance 2f outside of optimal for the horse) I mean surely something isn't right there!

Don't normally want to raise anything over things like this and think you are doing a good job, this just glared out to me and I've felt hard done by on Alysson anyway so it really glared out to me lol!

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:24 pm
Selling plater

I accidentally entered Mebsuta Norma into a 2m group chase last week, the horse is a 3m handicap chaser. Her rating has been dropped from 127 - 117, its probably best if you restore the rating back to 127.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:00 pm
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:

Doug can you take a look at some of the ratings as per below please? I was looking at Race 15, Keissi Hai Autumn Stakes

Is the rating of Toronto Knot correct, and is the rating of Alysson Felix correct - For example

Alysson Felix

Between weeks 8 and 12 she didn't drop in rating at all from 80, despite being 11th (0-110), 7th (0-85), 11th (0-90), 16th (Listed - no rating move for this I accept is fair for being Listed), 11th (0-85). I accept the drop from 80-70 now is fair and everything relating to my other horse Creme Carnation is fair having been dropped from mid 110's to 60 (sigh). But for Alysson to not have been touched for four weeks straight isn't really giving her much of a chance!

Toronto Knot

Surely this is a mistake right? (Once again sorry Vinny lol), over the same period of Alysson, has gone from 85 to 45 despite being 2nd and 5th in 0-110 company and then a fair drop of 5lb for the run in week 11 but has now been dropped 33lbs for finishing last over 6f (a distance 2f outside of optimal for the horse) I mean surely something isn't right there!

Don't normally want to raise anything over things like this and think you are doing a good job, this just glared out to me and I've felt hard done by on Alysson anyway so it really glared out to me lol!

With Toronto Knot - I don't have time to check if any horses have run outside of their optimum distance - I just run on the faith of each trainer doing the right thing.
if a horse finishes badly I check to see if it was injured and if not I then give it's rating a fair chop to get it back into winning form.

Alysson Felix - I will have to look into it before I give you an answer.

One of the things that makes it hard doing the hcp'ing is only weight carried and rating shows up when doing the ratings in TOM. If all horses previous starts showed up as well (like reading a race form) and the ability to be able to click on the horse to investigate previous performances would have made a hell of a difference.
With some luck the race kit will be able to do the handicapping from next season.

Last edited by NPG319 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:56 am
Group 1 winner

Nick - I just looked into Alysson Felix and it doesn't make sense to me - I believe that your horse has picked up a bug or glitch from either week 8 or 9 and it's rating isn't changing.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:06 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks Doug, just one of those things, I'll leave it with you and if she runs off 70 or runs off lower then no issue either way.

Appreciate the response on the other horse I know it's not easy and things could be done to make it easier, I have previously done the handicapping myself and know it isn't easy. Vinny hasn't done anything out of the ordinary by only dropping it two furlongs, that's fine, I do it myself if it's the only solution to the horse getting a run. I'd happily take a 33lb drop on any of my horses though :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:53 am
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
Thanks Doug, just one of those things, I'll leave it with you and if she runs off 70 or runs off lower then no issue either way.

Appreciate the response on the other horse I know it's not easy and things could be done to make it easier, I have previously done the handicapping myself and know it isn't easy. Vinny hasn't done anything out of the ordinary by only dropping it two furlongs, that's fine, I do it myself if it's the only solution to the horse getting a run. I'd happily take a 33lb drop on any of my horses though :lol: :lol:

I think only Gray can change it's rating now.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:20 pm
Selling plater

I notice that horses ratings have been changed after week 13's results, does this mean returning horses will start next season on this rating?

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:
I notice that horses ratings have been changed after week 13's results, does this mean returning horses will start next season on this rating?

Yes they start with the last rating it had when you upload a older version Tom will give it a automatic rating it has in the Website for it you will have to change ypur horse file to that rating before you upload if not i will do it when i get the files to Check.

Gray

Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
nick_driver wrote:

Alysson Felix

Toronto Knot

With Toronto Knot - I don't have time to check if any horses have run outside of their optimum distance - I just run on the faith of each trainer doing the right thing.
if a horse finishes badly I check to see if it was injured and if not I then give it's rating a fair chop to get it back into winning form.

Alysson Felix - I will have to look into it before I give you an answer.

One of the things that makes it hard doing the hcp'ing is only weight carried and rating shows up when doing the ratings in TOM. If all horses previous starts showed up as well (like reading a race form) and the ability to be able to click on the horse to investigate previous performances would have made a hell of a difference.
With some luck the race kit will be able to do the handicapping from next season.

Ha no worries, I did think it was a little low myself, I don't keep as track of my handicaps week by week though, especially on my week 1 uploads as they're so poor. Guess it didn't matter as it finished pretty much last again :)

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19