View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Trainers notes 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers notes
Just finished my Grand national horses and it was a nightmare and took a long time as they had to be exported at 7

most of them there green potential bar was only half dark green showing they are well passed there best but will be
the same for everyone.

I did do well with them in the Melbourne cup before they were transferred into a jumps game ha glad i dont have to go
back to this again.

i now have full jumps and flat squads ready 55 horses a few tweaks needed but almost good to go

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Just finished my Grand national horses and it was a nightmare and took a long time as they had to be exported at 7

most of them there green potential bar was only half dark green showing they are well passed there best but will be
the same for everyone.

I did do well with them in the Melbourne cup before they were transferred into a jumps game ha glad i dont have to go
back to this again.

i now have full jumps and flat squads ready 55 horses a few tweaks needed but almost good to go

Final round of eliminator trials on the flat for me this weekend. Then will start on the jumps and run the finals. 1593 down to 55 by this time next week hopefully. Then a few weeks to see if I can generate anything extra. Baseball season has started so doubt I will get much chance though.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I have been trying to breed some front running long distance horses. I was hoping to eliminate the possibility of pull-ups. I found a front running gamebred who kept his potential up until he was 8yo. After a couple of generations I bred a few horses who look like this.

I also bred some horses from the same gamebred whose potential was only about 80% as an 8yo. The perplexing thing is, there is no significant increase in performance between the 80% horses and the 98% potential horses like the one above.

From my limited trials so far I am not sure that potential in older horses has that big an impact on the horses performance. The one thing I did notice was that Mountain Quest was equally at home over 3m 2f of the Cheltenham Gold Cup course or over the 4m 3f of the Grand National course.

Jim

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:47 pm
Group 1 winner

For the first time ever I have been playing a proper jumps game and using a couple of hunt horses that won for me last season in my breeding. Seeding the breeding with horses from my Australian game and a horse from a very short lived American game (very frustrating with horses not liking kick back) with AI National winners - so I am aiming to having a couple of GN horses next season.
Only just started doing anything with the flat and at this stage I am not sure if I will have a flat stable for the upcoming season - I may just have a modest jumps team. My plan is to enter open grade hcp chasers. Not interested in hurdlers and sticking them all in open just makes it simpler for me as I have found in the past that having novice and open horses to be very frustrating.

Not sure when the season starts, haven't even checked. Personally I wish it was still a couple of months away.

Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:41 am
Group 1 winner

According to Tom it starts in just over a month to be precise 34 days

Jim i dont think the dark green or more importantly the light green bars make a difference
my new national horses who are better then the league national 2nd & 3rd last season has about 55%
dark green potential i seem to remember the 5yo had full dark green.

TBH i dont want to see another national horse again in so6 breeding racing (Until 7yo) & trialing 40+
national horses a complete nightmare glad its done. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

When can we normally clear out the old stable for the new season?

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:14 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

When can we normally clear out the old stable for the new season?

usually the week before i think Leon has to do some stuff in Tom first

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Christ, I've only got my 5f horses anywhere near ready

Sat May 05, 2018 8:25 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Christ, I've only got my 5f horses anywhere near ready

Still a few weeks to go.

Sun May 06, 2018 2:06 am
Group 2 winner

3rd time I've had to start from scratch this, can't wait for the new one so I can start at the same level as everyone else

Tue May 08, 2018 4:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Doing a final set of trials for the jumps team, then will start the flat should get breeding cycle in before the start.

Tue May 08, 2018 7:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Jumps team has been trialled from 900 down to 90 shortlisted for the league, final trials will be done at the last min to get the 30. Not seeing much in the way of improvement at 2m and 2.4m likely they will be at the same level as last season, which is no bad thing. Some very small improvements at 3m and real progression in what was my weakest group 3.4m to 4m. Have one that looks like a handful for the National if I can keep her handicap down.

Onto the flat now to see if I cannot make up some ground on the top tier. Have already done some work on improving bars, just need to mix that with my trial successes now and see what comes out. Should be ready in time.

Sat May 12, 2018 11:47 am
Group 2 winner

NH team is done. No real improvement in any area. I spent almost 2 months trying to develop front running long distance horses but my even paced horses, ( providing they don't get pulled up), are still better.

The flat is almost done and has seen significant improvement. The sprinters and milers are about 2 or 3 lengths faster and the middle and long distance horses are about 6 lengths faster than last seasons horses at 3yo. The 2yo horses are about the same as last season. The one thing I didn't do was export any 4yo middle distance horses and looking at the schedule, I could do with a few, so will load some 3yo from ttf file and age them a year before exporting and trialling them.

Jim

Tue May 15, 2018 2:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
NH team is done. No real improvement in any area. I spent almost 2 months trying to develop front running long distance horses but my even paced horses, ( providing they don't get pulled up), are still better.

The flat is almost done and has seen significant improvement. The sprinters and milers are about 2 or 3 lengths faster and the middle and long distance horses are about 6 lengths faster than last seasons horses at 3yo. The 2yo horses are about the same as last season. The one thing I didn't do was export any 4yo middle distance horses and looking at the schedule, I could do with a few, so will load some 3yo from ttf file and age them a year before exporting and trialling them.

Jim

Snap I did the same, I don't have a lot of time these days to breed so with the little time I had I wanted to finish the game with front running chasers . I didn't do it so they don't get pulled up but because I love front running horses in real life , im not sure if they have gone backwards because u have to try to do odd things to turn them into front runners but i'll have some fun with them . My flat horses these days are just thrown together with some right odd breeding so apart from my 2yo's that should compete the 3+ year olds just could struggle. I've kind of gave up on breeding flat horses this year.

Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm
Group 3 winner

Well i've just finished my final selections and will upload in the next couple of days.

Because last season i only ran 5-6f horses all of my time has been spent trying to get some more distance and increasing the stats.
What a grind it can be introducing better stats, 2 steps forward one step back.

Ive not done much in the way of re-breeding good trials performing horses but i can now see thats where the standout horses come from.
Still not satisfied with my stable but hope to be in the high handicaps / lower Grade level.
Time will tell.

Lets do this!!!! :lol: :lol:

Fri May 18, 2018 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next