View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 League rules info 
Handicapper

Post League rules info
It's week 9 and I still have horses unraced. I just looked up the rules and these are the rules

NH

1. Novices - when uploading you will need to declare whether a horse is a novice or not. They will then remain a novice for the rest of the season

2. Handicaps - Horses are eligible for 3f either side of their best run

Does that mean I can run my unraced horses in handicaps to get them raced at least once since there are no more maidens?

Does this go for the flat too?

3. Handicaps - horses will be allowed in handicaps 2f either side of their best maiden run. If they have not run in a maiden then 2f either side of their best run. The exception to this is 2m + where horses will be elgible for 2f less than their best run and all races greater than their best run.

Third question is why do horses that ran in the NH flat race then ran in a hurdle or chase cannot run in the flat race again? I thought novice horses can switch back and forth?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League rules info
thunderspark1 wrote:
It's week 9 and I still have horses unraced. I just looked up the rules and these are the rules

NH

1. Novices - when uploading you will need to declare whether a horse is a novice or not. They will then remain a novice for the rest of the season

2. Handicaps - Horses are eligible for 3f either side of their best run

Does that mean I can run my unraced horses in handicaps to get them raced at least once since there are no more maidens?

Does this go for the flat too?

3. Handicaps - horses will be allowed in handicaps 2f either side of their best maiden run. If they have not run in a maiden then 2f either side of their best run. The exception to this is 2m + where horses will be elgible for 2f less than their best run and all races greater than their best run.

Third question is why do horses that ran in the NH flat race then ran in a hurdle or chase cannot run in the flat race again? I thought novice horses can switch back and forth?

No you can't run Unraced Horses in any handicaps it doesn't have a Handicap rating neither can you put a horse with No Hurdle Form In a Handicap hurdle or No Chase form in a Handicap Chase this also goes for Flat all horses must of run to get a Handicap Mark

We follow UK Bumper rules once you run over timber you are no longer eligible to run in Bumpers.

Gray

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

simpleminds wrote:

No you can't run Unraced Horses in any handicaps it doesn't have a Handicap rating neither can you put a horse with No Hurdle Form In a Handicap hurdle or No Chase form in a Handicap Chase this also goes for Flat all horses must of run to get a Handicap Mark

We follow UK Bumper rules once you run over timber you are no longer eligible to run in Bumpers.

Gray

I suggest changing the rules and add the following to help clarify to new players and returning players like me.

NH and flat
3) Handicap - Horses must run at least once via Maiden or Group 2/3 race to get a rating to enter a handicap race.
or
3) Unraced horses cannot enter in any handicap races until they get a rating.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:08 pm
Group 1 winner

NH and flat
3) Handicap - Horses must run at least once via Maiden or Group 2/3 race to get a rating to enter a handicap race.
or
3) Unraced horses cannot enter in any handicap races until they get a rating.

+1

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 pm
Group 1 winner

It is interesting that you have not gotten all your horses out even yet, this a team make up issue? I think I was all in by week 2. Though I can appreciate with so many good horses now that you find it hard to find races for them all.

I am reaching the conclusion that the best league team may not need to be all your best horses.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
It is interesting that you have not gotten all your horses out even yet, this a team make up issue? I think I was all in by week 2. Though I can appreciate with so many good horses now that you find it hard to find races for them all.

I am reaching the conclusion that the best league team may not need to be all your best horses.

Thats very true you want a mixed team of ability id say 80% of your team your very best horses but
throw a few in to contest handicaps

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I see there is a plan for Puffbite but whats the story with Sky Emblem

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I see there is a plan for Puffbite but whats the story with Sky Emblem

I'm fairly new to the NH side.

When the league started, I had very few NH runners but was able to upload 8 for the NH side. From week 1 to week 5 I tried to get a full team together for the upload for week 6.

By week 6, I deleted 5 of my original 8 uploads and uploaded another 22 for a total of 27 new uploads. Finding races for all 27 horses is a lot harder from week 6 onwards. Not many maidens so most of my entries are in G2 races. In the novice side, it's a lot easier for me to find races. But mostly G2 and some G3 races and sometimes my horses run in distances not to their liking or they will have to run in Chase instead of Hurdles.

I'm ok with all that since it's a new learning experience. Something to improve on when the next league comes around.

I tried to follow this post by Simpleminds since I dont know much about the NH side. But it was hard for me to find good 3m+ chasers and it shows. So I uploaded whatever I had. Puffbite finally gets a race and for Sky Emblem hopefully week 10

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15845

simpleminds wrote:
2 4yo horses for Juvenile Hurdles
the rest can be a mix from 5yo upwards I will have

1 NHF Horse
4 2mile Hurdlers ( 2 Novice Hurdlers included)
1 2m 2f Hurdler
3 2m 4f hurdlers ( 1 Novice Included 1 Mare For the Mares Race at the Cheltenham Festival)
1 2m 6f Hurdler
4 3m Hurdlers ( 1 Novice Hurdler Included )

So That's 15 the rest will be chasers

3 2mile Chaser ( 1 Novice Included )
1 2m 2f Chaser
3 2m 4f Chasers ( 1 Novice Chaser Included )
1 2m 6f Chaser
3 3m Chasers ( 1 Novice Chaser Included )
1 3m 3f Gold Cup Horse
1 3m 5f Chaser
1 4m chasers
1 Grand National Horse has the 4miler will also be sent to the National

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes that is what I plan for a full stable the problem you got is you didn't have a full stable at the start has we use the first Two weeks especially the jumps for maiden races so if you have 30 you should have got a run somewhere if not you can enter others in week 3 onwards in Grade 2, or 3 the trouble you got is you deleted a few and added a huge bunch we have extra Maidens in week 6 to try and cover the new uploads but we don't plan for a huge upload mid season or we would have too many races in week 6 sorry if this has caused you a problem but at least you know next time around.

Gray

Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]