View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SO6 League Trainers Experimental Free Handicap 
Group 1 winner

Post SO6 League Trainers Experimental Free Handicap
Face it. Some of us are very good at getting competitive horses for the league. Some of us are just good. Some of us are middlin'. Some of us :? ...just stink. Since the league is about these players and their minds doing battle - so to speak, I think I will rate the trainers. When I handicap I consider how good a trainer is when I'm mulling and extra point up or down or when deciding to rate a horse down to the next handicap level.

If you are rated low - we love you too. This is about having fun playing a game.

SO6 League Trainers Experimental Free Handicap

Group 1

John Morgan - 137
Thunderspark - 135
Paul Rhodes - 134
Stephen Rann - 133

Group 2

James Harrison - 127
James Shea - 126
Grayham Clutterbuck - 124
David Robertson - 124
Leon Van Rensburgh - 123

Group 3

Peter Cahill - 119
Martyn Cairns - 118
Alan McDonald - 117
Darren Thompson - 116
Vinny Gerrard - 115

Listed

Joshua Sutherland - 113
Kevin Meenaghan - 111
Jim Murray - 110

0-110 Handicap

Darren Howells - 107
Colin Clarke - 105
Moilets Surfer - 103
Rod McClure - 102
Sirius Chill - 102
James Follis - 101

0 - 100 Handicap

Matty Mclean - 96
Terrance Debarle - 94
Stu Grey - 93
Satyam Sandrasegaren - 92
Charlie Farthing - 91

0 - 90 Handicap

Ephrain Magopa - 85
Doug Warren - 84
Ben Bonicci - 83
Mike Tartaglia - 82
Juve Stars - 81
Danger Steve - 81
John Skedd - 81

0 - 80 Handicap

Gavin Houston - 78
Derek Hinton - 77
Hans Jones - 76
Timothy Sandeman - 75
Daniel French - 74
Chris Kelly - 73
Des Sharky - 72
Peter Savage - 71
Paul Fisk - 70
Jack Staples - 70

-------------------------------------------

You have a beef about where I think you stand? Let me know. This is all for fun and when I say your talent level may get you an extra point up or down -- it's just that. A point. Maybe two on a rare occasion.

------------------------------------------

Honorary Group 1 Trainers of days gone past...

Keith Beaky
Scatters
Andy C
Nashwan

Last edited by SiriusChill on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:56 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO6 League Trainers Experimental Free Handicap
I gather this is flat rating?

Anyway I think you handicapped my stable right - 84 is an honest appraisal and I personally think my horses are 0-85.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:05 am
Group 1 winner

Flat only.

Just finished the ratings. Vinny Gerard moves up. He makes Group level.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:12 am
Group 1 winner

Have to say whilst I totally understand and largely agree with this, I am still not a fan of handicapping trainers. I have made significant strides for my next team already, so much so that I am in danger of rating myself out of handicaps and being below the top tier, a place where you cannot win anything, so I have deliberately started a lower level breeding game and will deliberately add horses I know can only race lower tier. This approach assumes all trainers horses are equal and should be equally punished. Just my two pence worth

Josh

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:33 am
Group 1 winner

Interesting reading Surprised that Thunderspark is not top weight but its all a matter of opinion
and thanks for sharing it its a good read at the end of the day we all started at the bottom i remember
when that little upstart John came into the league :lol: and look at him now i gave him some advice along
the way and feel like a proud father watching his son pedal his bike on his own.

Some of the trainers have made massive strides this year James Shea Darren Thompson Josh & Vinny just to mention a few
prob forgot a load but they have obviously put the hard yacker in (Doug not sure thats the correct speling)

Believe me lads to do what the top trainers have done takes a massive commitment and i mean massive in
terms of time to get there i was a nothing trainer at the start poor race management poor horses etc but
made the commitment to become better as i say its a huge commitment and not everyone has the opportunity
to put that much time into it but if you do you deserve success hard work should always pay off.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Like the idea of this, it's good fun, surprised I made it to group 3, however, if I'm honest. If my horses weren't all tailed off after 2 furlongs I'm sure I'd be slightly higher but it's such a tough thing to change in your breeding, especially once your trials are set. That's why I mostly pick up the big H'capps, faster pace ideal for mine. Let it slip a bit though, I need to start playing again to progress a few, especially now I know which horses do well in the league

Vinny

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:01 pm
Group 2 winner

I have been absolutely hammered by the handicapper. I would have to start 10 minutes before the others to win off 107!

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:08 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm 5'9 and has a bad back, Im not built to carry big weights. I'm retiring early to go of to Stud.. :lol:

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:19 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I'm 5'9 and has a bad back, Im not built to carry big weights. I'm retiring early to go of to Stud.. :lol:

In your dreams John in your dreams :)

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:24 pm
Group 1 winner

im well in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

In your dreams John in your dreams :)

Ok the knacker's yard :lol:

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Your hammered on 107 I am fekked on 113 not been close to a listed all season on flat, as I said all this does is unduly punish my plans to intentionally enter weaker horses to deliberately target handicaps, though flat weight is less punishing than jumps.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Your hammered on 107 I am fekked on 113 not been close to a listed all season on flat, as I said all this does is unduly punish my plans to intentionally enter weaker horses to deliberately target handicaps, though flat weight is less punishing than jumps.

Josh u should be thinking Big, Steve's lost all his horses ( not sure if he'll have any next season) and I'm running down my flat and I'll only have a handful of horses. There will be a gap in the market for people to chase Paul + Thunder.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Naw know my limitations, simply cannot devote the time to play the way they do, I've seen their horses from posts, I'll not be catching up anytime soon.

90% of my wins come from handicaps and smart entries, as of now I risk having a lot of horses about the same as chess and great white hope, too good for handicaps, not good enough to beat their monsters in g races. Stable full of them will be a season of disappointment, so horses to the level of this team will go in again for handicaps wins, this just punishes that line of thinking in my humble opinion.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:22 am
Group 1 winner

I forgot to give an honorary Group 1 designation to Nashwan. Nash can certainly wreak havoc in the Group 1 level. The fact that he is a Philadelphia Eagles fan though drops him down to the new cellar class ~ 0 - 1 Handicap. :shock:

jk Nash. Hope to see you back in the league again.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next