View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Season 3 April 
Group 1 winner

Post Season 3 April
I will be adding some new races to the Schedule there will be 2 Maiden 2yo Races over 1mile in week 1 so Trainers Can Upload 2yo horses earlier in the season below are some changes I am hoping to add

Week 1

31 John Morgan 2YO Maiden Stakes Chepstow 2YO 2 2 Colts Maiden 1Mile
32 Doug Warren Racing 2YO Maiden Stakes Chepstow 2YO 2 2 Fillies Maiden 1Mile

Week 2

31 Scatters Nursey 20000 17 Leicester Turf 2YO 2 2 Open 0-90 1Mile
32 Josh Sutherland Maiden Stakes 25000 18 Leicester Turf 2YO 2 2 Open Maiden 1m 1f

Week 4 This is to Help low Grade Horses

33 Sirius Chill Handicap 50000 13 Baltimore Dirt 3+ 3 99 Open 0-80 0 80 5
34 Thunderspark Nursery 50000 17 Baltimore Dirt 2YO 2 2 Open 0-80 0 80 8

Week 9 Downgraded from 0-100 to 0-80

28 William Hill Great St Wilfrid Handicap 70000 13 Ripon Turf 3+ 3 99 Open 0-80 0 80 6

I have Scraped the Xtreme Stayers AW Championship aand replaced it with a 2yo 1mile Championship Instead

That's all I have done at the Moment.

Gray

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Season 3 April
In week 11 there are 2 5f 2yo nusery's, 0-85 and 0-90. We could lose one of these.
Will there still be a few long distance low level handicaps. I always have one horse to have fun with in these.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
In week 11 there are 2 5f 2yo nusery's, 0-85 and 0-90. We could lose one of these.
Will there still be a few long distance low level handicaps. I always have one horse to have fun with in these.

Yes but two many clash with other staying races I will look where to add the ones lost Darren.

Gray

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Gray u was talking about bringing back the hunter chase, how about this.

We have the top 5 Hunter chase races in the Uk/Ireland. To qualify for these races u will have to run in 3/4 races up to week 7 and be rated 100 or under ( a championship for the lesser horses)

These would be the races.

Week
8 Raymond Smith Memorial Hunter Chase ( Leopardstown) 3m
10 Cheltenham Foxhunters 3m2f
11 Aintree Foxhunters 2m5F
12 Champion Hunter Chase ( Punshestown) 3m1F
13 Stratford Fox and Hounds 3m3F

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:41 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Gray u was talking about bringing back the hunter chase, how about this.

We have the top 5 Hunter chase races in the Uk/Ireland. To qualify for these races u will have to run in 3/4 races up to week 7 and be rated 100 or under ( a championship for the lesser horses)

These would be the races.

Week
8 Raymond Smith Memorial Hunter Chase ( Leopardstown) 3m
10 Cheltenham Foxhunters 3m2f
11 Aintree Foxhunters 2m5F
12 Champion Hunter Chase ( Punshestown) 3m1F
13 Stratford Fox and Hounds 3m3F

I agree with John's suggestion.
I think we also need some lower rated hunt races. 0-100 or 0-85 - maybe no longer than 20f.
I think we need to - as a community - debate if we really need flat hunt races.
By removing the bumpers we could put in John's Hunter chase and my suggestion of much lower rated hunt races without extra races being added to the schedule.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:21 am
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Pommard wrote:

Yes but two many clash with other staying races I will look where to add the ones lost Darren.

Gray

I will be entering horses next season to compete in these types of races.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:23 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
By removing the bumpers we could put in John's Hunter chase and my suggestion of much lower rated hunt races without extra races being added to the schedule.

I would hate to see bumpers removed. If anything we should be encouraging more trainers to have bumper horses.
Maybe reduce having 2 bumpers on the one week like what happens at Aintree but we should not remove them.
I agree with bringing hunter chases back that's a great idea. I'd also like to suggest that we add the Velka Pardubicka to the schedule.
I think it was bobsworth who did a great job in designing the course. Would be a great race to target and watch.
Another thing is the problem with horses pulling up, is there anyway we can get Mark to patch this problem before the next season?

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:19 am
Group 2 winner

I agree with Peter over the bumper races. I should've had a horse, could've won some prize money :lol:
Maybe not have a race every week but every other up until Cheltenham to avoid it getting tedious.

The hunter races would be fantastic for smaller trainers like myself and Doug. Keeping them for horses under 100 (having run a certain amount of times) is a great idea. The Czech race would be cool.

On the whole there isn't much wrong with this schedule mind.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 am
Group 1 winner

The problem with bumpers is that if your horse isn't competitive there is no point in continuing in running it in that sphere, you might as well go down the hurdles/chases route and try find a handicap or two. As others have suggested it might be a good idea to open nhf races up to (novice) hurdlers and then you would at least have a bigger pool of horses available to run in these races. Iirc this is what used to happen in the early days of the jumps league.

As Peter has said the problem with horses being pulled up needs to be addressed. It's a real bugbear for me as my stable lurches towards the not so magical 50 mark in 2 seasons. I can't recall any horses being pulled up for no reason in previous versions of the game and it makes a mockery of staying hurdles and chases in SO6.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:29 pm
Group 1 winner

I Like John's Idea I can introduce Hunters chases which can be Low Grade Handicap Chase set at 90 to 100 and Below rated horses although this will be open to all chasers but I don't think the chaser must have run 3 times by week 7 has some will be uploaded in week 5 its not like the Grand National where you have 11 weeks to get 3 runs in.

Has for the Velka Pardubicka again this can be added it would be early in the season has I believe its run in October I have the course Bob made and although I have re done the outside of the course the course its self is what bob created I have come to the opinion there is too many Paul Moores Qualifiers over the shorter distance between 3m 2f and 3m 7f we have about 15 legs and I would to cut it down and just turn them into low graded Handicap Chases I think we could have 6 each between the the shorter Distance and longer Distance.

Gray

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Opening up bumpers for novices is easy for me to implement and at least will result in different fields every week.

I can't see any changes happening to SO6 with SO7 due in December /January so the pulled up horses will still happen

I will probably only have a small window to work on the site ( probably just a weekend ) This is purely for selfish reason I need new horses as I used all my rejects from last season this season and have nothing new except the few horses I have got since playing again

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:30 pm
Group 1 winner

I like the idea of hunter chases, this would be a great addition and echo the point on having a lower tier for chase and hurdles. I am on the fence re bumpers, I made a mess of my bumper horse this season, went hurdling around week 2 :) so I am not fussed eitherway, but if they do stay maybe cram a load in, in the first part of the season with just a few g1 (Cheltenham and aintree) later for those who have the stars and don't need to switch to handicap hurdles.

Josh

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:33 pm
Group 2 winner

For what it is worth my opinion is to take one of two routes :

1. Open bumpers up to maidens rated less than 100 after 3 runs.

or

2. Have a season within a season and run bumpers up to the transfer window with the final championship race as the final race before the window with a huge winning purse. Then trainers can then either send bumper horses hurdling for second part of the season or transfer them out in the window.

With regards to Hunter chases I would say yes and if you went with option 2 above the hunter chases could simply replace the NH flat you have in the schedule at the moment. Hunter chases usually start later in the season (they certainly used to anyway) and starting them after the window would give horses time to qualify for them in the early part of the season.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

My point of view is from Australia - we don't have bumpers over here BUT we do have 'high weight' races (or at least we used to) which were races open to hurdlers and chasers looking to get some mileage into their legs before the winter season. They were also open to dud flat horses looking for some sort of pay day and they were always run on country tracks.

I guess they mean much more to all of you in GB but personally I don't see the point. They are a flat rating (100) and they appear to be just a flat weight scale.
If I was a bigger trainer I'd just put in a good flat horse into the bumpers and clean up. Imagine John Morgan starting his best flat 2 miler into bumpers - 10 or so straight wins.

Personally if I go the bumper route again it will be with a semi cast off from my flat team BUT I'd rather see the bumpers scraped in favour of 0-100 for a mix of 2 mile chase and hurdle races.

I will concede that I think Martin's idea of having the bumpers also open to hunt horses that are maidens and rated 100 or under makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by NPG319 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:47 pm
Group 1 winner

A good flat horse does not mean a good bumper horse. Also milers or 10f are the best bumper horses. I put my best horses into NH but my best flat horses still may not beat my best bumper horse

I am reluctant to code rules in simple is best all novices can run as bumpers is easy to implement every thing else is going to involve code that may slow stuff down

Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next