View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 End of Seaon Stable Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post End of Seaon Stable Reviews

Paul Rhodes Curragh View Stables

FLAT TEAM

images upload

Superstars - Nobel Endevour & De Bulldozer

Disappointment - None been delighted with the whole season

Review - Came into the season knowing i was behind John Steve James & Had
a fairly good idea i was also behind Thunderspark sadly James left after the first few weeks as I
said before hope he is ok. My team came on really strong at the back end of the season
just so pleased to have been competitive its been a wonderful season and have passed all
my Targets one i left behind was not winning a classic but how could you dwell on a negative
when there were so many positives and it looks like i was the highest earning tariner of the
season the cherry on top of the cake i honestly thought that was not possible. A big well done
to Thunderspark who is the League Champion and will no doubt be a big player next term.

NATIONAL HUNT TEAM

Superstars - Bombshell Philipa Vayle & Mack The Knife

Disappointment - 2 Mile hurdle division was very very poor The Demolisher was a
Horse i transferred in and he ran 8 times and only got 3 places alot of catching up
to do for next season.

Review - Been a fab season i put alot less work into my jumps team but as i always
say to myself the hard work put into the flat will also pay dividends over the jumps. Been a
great battle with John all season long i never got close enough to land a blow even though
i had far more runners than John. John remains by far the leading jumps trainer and will be the
one to beat next season congratulations John on the title see you next season mate.

Overall thoughts on the season
WOW what a season its been wonderful to be part of it it was great to see Martin come in and add
so much to the league with his partner in crime Doug the 2 have a great chemistry and the preview
and review shows have added so much to the league i waited every week for them to come out to hear
the banter between the 2 its been a blast lads.

Gray's live streams have also bought us all closer together the goodwill to all trainers in the message
section has really touched me its been incredible rivals genuinely happy to see others succeed thanks
to Gray this is only one part of his mammoth job and I thank him and his team for all there hard work.

Leon Tom has been a joy to work with its been so easy to navigate through you should be proud of it
its a masterpiece many thanks to you.

Thanks to all the guys who gave up a chunk of there weekends to run races handicap races commentate
on races you have all done a stella job if i forgot anyone apologies

See you all next season get breeding

god bless

The Professor

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: End of Seaon Stable Reviews
I'd like to thank everyone for a great season ( the best), can it get any better I doubt it.

My aim going into this season was to get 20 winners on the flat and over jumps, due to having a stressful 6 months and not having my head in a good place and just not wanting to play the game I didn't expect much but my flat team that went well over 6 months without breeding a horse performed better than I ever could have hoped but it's good now I'm only a part time flat trainer and seeing everyone else battle it out.

My Flat Stars.

Lochsong won 6 out of 6, I thought she was good going in that's why I called her Lochsong but I didn't think she could do what she did.

My 2m4 horses were just outstanding, it's a pleasure having them. Probably the distance I've bred the most on the flat.

Za Approval, won 4 out of 5 but lost the big one the Derby. He won me my first breeders cup classic so he made up for it.

Glacial Storm is the first horse to win 2 group 1's over a 1m4 in a season for me, I didn't think he was that good so it was a pleasant surprise.

My Jumps Stars. The best bunch of horses I've ever had.

All my Hurdlers, the best I've ever had. 10 of the 11 won a group 1or2 race, even Liverpool showed up in the last week.

Rogers Princess needs a special mention because she only made my team because I didn't breed any 3 mile hurdlers between last season and this. She won 2 group1's and if I had a hall of fame she would be near the top because I didn't think a second season horse could do that. And she goes out on top as well, goodbye the queen.

Loving Around won 5 out of 6 and followed in her dads foot steps. She Loved a battle just like her dad.

My Princess Laura won me the big welsh race and became a favourite after hating her.

Present Abbey I thought was the best jumper I had ever bred going into the season and won 3 out of 3 but never had her ground to see how good she was, but she won me the race I've been after the 4m4 Paul Moores.

Next Season.

Because I'm not going after wins on the flat next year I can have some fun with my flat horses and bring a couple back for some fun.

Coigach is coming Back for the Ascot Gold.
Za Approval is trying to be the first horse to win the Dubai World Cup after winning the Classic.
Lochsong might comeback for 4yo campaign, the aim would be to win a race any race.
Donna Roseanna won a group 1 sprint and I might bring her back next season but I've seen her and if she does comeback she will be a 7 or 8 furlong horse. Will need to see how she does against my other horses but if good enough she will also be back.

My Jumpers.

Present Abbey will return as a 9yo but my horses drop off a cliff after 8 so hopefully she still got something left in the tank.

Loving Around might comeback if she still shows her form as a 6yo. There's plenty of races for her to run in so we will see.

I liked to thank all the other trainers for a great season it's been a blast and hope everyone comes back for next season.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: End of Seaon Stable Reviews
The end of a truly epic season and as i mentioned on another thread i truly believe the league can go from strength to strength now.

NH

Tobago - 2nd season hurdler who broke her maiden tag this year. Probably my best jumps horse
Ledbury - Romped home in a pertemps qualifier to secure the stables biggest win of the season
Bodenham - Second season staying chaser who equaled her best finish of 3rd in the Lincolnshire National
Tunisia - Last seasons Highland National winner was upped in trip to have a crack at the Grand National. Unseated in the big one and showed nothing all season
Ukraine - Finished 4th in the Grand National last season but could only manage 16th this time and his old legs probably caught up with her
Northumbrian Belle - Won a maiden and the bet365 gold cup last year but could only manage one 3rd this time despite dropping markedly down the weights
Bosbury - Decent novice hurdler last season but showed little this time until a 3rd at Auteuil in the last week
Ivington - Useless, low rated chaser
Leominster - 70 rated chaser says it all but did pick up a 3rd at Cheltenham one week
Letton - Picked up a win early on but ended up rated a lowly 70
Schumacher - Juvenile hurdler was probably was worst jumper
Bromyard - Good novice hurdle campaign last season but stank over fences this time
Brimfield - Finished 4th in the Hattons Grace G1 hurdle last season but never looked clever over fences

FLAT

Lyonshall - Stable star who won twice, finished 5th in the Ascot Good Cup, 4th in the Cesarewitch and finished an agonizingly close 2nd in the Sydney Cup
Big Sur - Gamebred won a Marathon qualifier and was a consistent handicapper all year
Alders End - Superstar at home but has somehow failed to win a race in 2 years. Would have loved to see her won one
Kingsland - Finished 5th on debut and was then handicapped out of things
Credenhill - A race winner so will be well remembered by the stable
Catch Up On The Straights - Finished 2nd 3 times, my unluckiest horse
Altbough - Won last season but still managed two 2nds this time around
Adforton - Second season maiden but did manage a 3rd
Moreton - Finished 3rd the Windsor Castle handicap at Royal Ascot
Clehonger - Never got in the money
Madley - Managed a pair of 3rd places
Ashton - Second season novice showed nothing this year but could be back as a hurdler next season
Abcott - Won last season but did not get in the money this season

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]