View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 FAQ 
Group 3 winner

Post FAQ
Looks like the link at the top of the page is dead, so I ask my questions here.

First of all, after delving into the online league during the weekend I am really impressed by the effort made in hosting and staging this. Very well done to all involved in making this happen. I can understand that the league gives everyone an added dimension in playing the game.

I am about to make my first dip into the league, and need to ask some questions. Apologize if they are answered elsewhere.

1. How many horses can you enter in a single race?

2. Is there a maximum limit of races a horse can participate in? The horses will not suffer from fatigue or injuries so in principle they are available to race every week.

3. Can you see the horses other trainers have entered in races?

4. Is there any kind of no-no or unacceptable things to do that a newbie should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Mon May 01, 2017 12:02 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: FAQ
See if I can answer some of your questions.

1. The general rule is one horse per race, although there are a couple of exceptions like the Grand National

2. The season lasts 13 weeks, so in theory a horse can run every week provided there is a suitable race. Normally I find there are only about 10 - 12 races a season for most horses as they have to abide by some distance restrictions, flat - 2f and NH - 3f either side of their best run.

3. Yes there is a website called TOM where you enter horses into races. It is here http://startersordersonlineleague.com

4. See the League Rules thread at the top of the forum.

Mon May 01, 2017 12:16 pm
Group 3 winner

Cheers. For how many years have the league existed? Has it been run on other versions of SO?

I am really looking forward to my stables debut this weekend. Hope I can survive the reality check, though. :lol:

Wed May 03, 2017 2:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
Cheers. For how many years have the league existed? Has it been run on other versions of SO?

I am really looking forward to my stables debut this weekend. Hope I can survive the reality check, though. :lol:

Hi Mate I been involved since SO4 and the league was running before that also I noticed you have Crewe Keeneland Running in Race 32 this horse Can't run in this race has its a Handicap and your horse hasn't run you will have to find it another race that is not a Handicap once your horse has run over Hurdles you can then run it in Handicaps.

Gray

Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Will remove him.

Wed May 03, 2017 3:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Will remove him.

Your Welcome any Questions just ask Mate someone will help you out.

Gray

Wed May 03, 2017 3:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:

My first league season was back in the SO2 days about 12 years ago and there were several seasons played before I joined. I'm probably wrong here but I think the first few league seasons were quite short maybe only 6-8 weeks long.

Best bit of advice I can give you and other first season trainers is that once your horses have run and got a rating AIM LOW. Look for the lowest possible grade of race your horse can run in and if it does ok you can target a better grade race next run. It's much easier to step a horse up in grade gradually than to jump straight into group races where your runners are likely to struggle but still get a high rating.

Wed May 03, 2017 6:41 pm
Group 3 winner

Thank you so much for all advice. It will be a learning curve for sure, but fun to join.

My trainers name in the league is Daniel Underdahl representing Heyerdahl stables. Now you know who the one who is trailing way behind you is :lol: :lol:

Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]