View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Sent via the intertubes. Enjoy.

Also, can you please edit out my email out of my quote in your reply? Thanks. I don't want it floating out there in perpetuity.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
What a week, likely my best period in the league let alone in the week one maiden madness. 14 total wins, 7 per code, not sure what to do now, never had so many highly rated horses..........

Flat

Randolph Scott - 2nd - Denied his moment of glory by the fast finishing 'Digial Prince' but great run in a G1 for me, first time my sprinters have ever measured up.

Hippogriff - 1st - G1 winner from a horse I was less than convinced would be good enough, remains to be seen if both me and comms team are wrong, delighted to chalk one up so early in the season.

Deadly Drop Bear - 5th - Never been overly impressed by him, but has been known to put in the odd monster trial performance, this however was not one.

Fusion - 3rd - Good enough opening run, will see how he fares over 2m next week

Colour of Money - 2nd - Did it all right so not really a disappointment, know she caps out at 1.4m, and the final 1f was her undoing today. Still Oaks bound

Fine on Paper - 6th - My 5f experiment thus far looks foolhardy. Not much to like in todays run.

Werewolf of London - 3rd - Not a good ride, was nicely positioned, before the jock let him drift to last and then challenge again at which point it was all too late. Will improve if the wee man gets it right.

Cometh the Beast - 1st - Did it perfectly, very happy with her today.

Wish I was in Dixie - 6th - Too much to do, but little to split the top 6.

Jump

Pursuit of Magic - 1st - Did really well, dispite the poor jump at the last. Always a mark of quality to out stay one of John's monsters.

Eights A Mystery - Pulled Up - FU racekit

Kingdom of Purgatory - 1st - Always fancied him for this, in what I respectively thought maybe a weak field. Did the job on the day, dispite a late blunder.

Sky High - 4th - Good opening run, should improve on that with better ground

Kingdom of Nuts - 4th - Another with a decent opening showing. 'Sir Ken' looks like a handful best tackled by my no1 4yo going forward.

Unto the Breach - 3rd - More place money and another whose opening run shows promise.

Well done Josh, great week 1 performance. :D

My week ended on a good note with two of my best horses winning and two seconds. :D

Jumping is still a problem with another faller and Golden Miller was desperate to fall at the last, not sure if I can change them now. :cry: :cry:

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 pm
Group 3 winner

Not to shabby for Heyerdahl Stables the first day of week two. Apple Valley a close second and our first second place of the season.

We also got four 6th places. Miss Sea did a good run against strong opposition and it gives us reason to be optimistic for the future.

It will be a tough season for the stable, and we will have to be happy for what we can get. Hopefully those sixth places can be overturned to placings soon.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 am
Group 1 winner

been in bed for 2 days with flu so missed live stream last night

just one winner my 1000 Guineas hope Excess won on debut

congrats to winners and placers
thanks to all the team

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Flat

2 winners on the flat today and a few nice placers.

Battle Road Boy won the G3 Craven Stakes just pipping Pauls Finnjet. It's of to the 2000 Guineas for him next. Finnjet just got up in week 1 and Battle Road just got up in week 2, so it may be a close thing between these two in the Guineas.

Jester Star Boy won the Alex Scott Maiden with an impressive run. Not sure where he runs next. He will be too well handicapped to run in the BMW G1 handicap and the Yorkshire Cup is probably a furlong too far for him.

Jumps

A very good day over fences with 4 winners but also a couple of very disapointing runs by my longer distance horses who flattered to deceive in week 1.

Garden Vale Girl won the Mares Listed Hurdle from a very unlucky Country Mistress. This was a strange race with the first two over 11 lengths in front of the 3rd placed horse.

Lilac Field Girl made it two from two in the Mares Novice Chase.

Watson Avenue Girl had her first run of the season and was impressive, leading from start to finnish in the Juvenile Hurdle. I have two Juvenile Hurdlers, the other horse, East Bridge Boy was badly baulked in his race and he was the best horse in my trials, so I am not sure where to go with these two horses.

Imperial Vale Boy has now made it two from two by winning the G3 Paddy Power Hurdle.

My 2m 4f horses have been impressive, but I may have to look at uploading some new 2 mile chase horses after week 5 as they have been less than impressive.

Well done to all the winners and placers.
Great comms as usual boys.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:08 am
Group 2 winner

Get well soon Paul

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 am
Group 1 winner

7 runners to start the campagne off 4 of which ran over the wrong trip (needed to get a run in and options limited if you miss week1 ) anyway 2 winners 2 thirds a fourth and 2 5th places which im delighted about so heres my take on it.

R2-Code of silence 5th ran well on the rail got behind a wall of horses stayed on nicely he goes to the 2000gn next week

R5-cracked corn 5th ran over 5f think he needs 6 or 7 stayed on well as you would expect

R6-All the cakes 4th ran over 7f stayed on without troubling the 1st 3 home gonna step this 1 up to 1m1f next week

R7-Shotgun 3rd ran a blinder in the Craven needs a stiffer track prob go to the curragh 2000gn

R10-Twisted logic 3rd really surprised he made the money hes my derby horse and ran over a furlong longer than he can high hopes for this fellow

R11-Hangover 1st hes my best 6f horse and he was good dont know if hes G1 material but time will tell

R12-protaganist 1st led from start to finish only won by 3/4l but got rated 21lb higher than the 2nd goes to the kentucky derby but see him more as a preakness horse

well absolutely delighted to be back and 2 winners to boot thanks to all involved.

congrats all runners

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
Get well soon Paul

Thanks Jim think i have it beat now

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Wannabe wrote:
Get well soon Paul

Thanks Jim think i have it beat now

That's good to hear Paul but you missed your best mate turning up last night for chat :).

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 pm
Group 2 winner

Shocked to already have a winner with Mansell Lacey picking up the city and suburban handicap.

He did nothing last year so must have been thrown in off 50. Maybe this shows that bringing horses back is a good thing and potentially are well handicapped

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:47 pm
Group 3 winner

follis86 wrote:
Shocked to already have a winner with Mansell Lacey picking up the city and suburban handicap.

He did nothing last year so must have been thrown in off 50. Maybe this shows that bringing horses back is a good thing and potentially are well handicapped

Congrats with the win. It was a great battle with my horse, Apple Valley.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:01 pm
Group 2 winner

Taunton wrote:
follis86 wrote:

Congrats with the win. It was a great battle with my horse, Apple Valley.

I thought you just had it Daniel. I'm sure your first win of the season is very close

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:16 pm
Group 1 winner

follis86 wrote:

Congrats Follis. Your horse and the runner up enjoyed the easiest of paces, got headed in the stretch, and still came back to win and place.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:50 pm
Group 2 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
follis86 wrote:

Congrats Follis. Your horse and the runner up enjoyed the easiest of paces, got headed in the stretch, and still came back to win and place.

Thanks Sirius.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:00 pm
Group 3 winner

Quote:
I thought you just had it Daniel. I'm sure your first win of the season is very close

Cheers. Got my first win tonight so I an very happy. Looking forwards to more battles :D

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 120  Next