View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
NPG319 wrote:
Well done to Jango - quinella, mate :-) Get on :-)

Also well done to Jess with her first win as a trainer - I hope she was screaming her house down :-)

Thanks Doug, what a great week its turned out to be for us Aussies!

For me it started with 1st and 2nd in the Coral Mobile 3 Clicks Handicap!
That had me pouring a large glass of red.....
......then......
1st in the Spring Spree Grade 3 Stakes Turf2 :shock: :shock: :shock:
That had me drinking straight from the bottle!
I think i got 2nd somewhere else but by then things were getting a little blury.. :lol:

And a special congrats to Jess, that first win is the sweetest.
Well done to all winners and runners, big thanks to our overworked League team!

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 am
Group 1 winner

Hard luck galore on this end this week. First after the snafu with the ratings and the rerun races I sat down to do the ratings annnnd bam! the anti-virus quarantines my racekit again with a false positive. grrrrrrrr. I fixed that.

My results? One winner and a handful of placings on the flat. I had three winners before the rerun but lost two of them after. Fair play but still hard to swallow. Even harder to swallow - the first run of the Grand National I managed to get 5th. I was very pleased. Then a few days later I saw the actual result - my horse fell on the second jump. no no no this is not happening. :x :x :x :x Moving on :? I got a bunch more placings with my jumpers but no wins.

Congrats to first time winner Jess. Also I'd like to point out that Trainer J French has had numerous hard luck seconds. If any trainer deserves more wins it's Mr French. Good luck pal surely the luck will change.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:07 am
Group 1 winner

not many runners today

Marge Simpson
got her 3rd win of the season her 2nd G3 win time running out
for her to get that elusive Group 1 maybe the breeders cup.

congrats to the winners and placers
thanks to the team
great comms as always

WELL DONE JESS ON YOUR 1ST WINNER

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

A very good week for the stable.

One winner on the flat and 7 winners over fences which included 3 x G1 winners.

My 2 mile and 2m 4f jumpers are doing really well, but I am going to have to find some better horses over the longer distances as only 3 of my 44 winners this season have been over longer distances.

Congrats to all the winners and places and especially Jess.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:16 am
Group 3 winner

Congratulations to Jango for the Group 3 win. Very impressive! And well done Jess on your first winner. I am happy for you both.

I managed three wins this week. I was lucky that the races was re run. But still it wasnt enough against Martin in the Shield. Good luck in the semis, mate.

Thanks to everyone involved. You do a great job.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 am
Group 1 winner

Well a hard week for all, with Trainers losing wins over the flat and sticks so my feelings are with you as I know how important even a 0-65 win can be and have them taken away is galling to say the least.

Some top trainer performances from Both Paul, Jim & Gray all getting 6+ wins over the week, well done.

Some highlights, Jess, good for you sticking with it, only a small stable but finally hit the winners enclosure, I am sure more to come. It also appears the Antipodeans are also starting to fire, Doug with his G2 win over the hunt & new boy Jango with a G3.

Well chuffed with my week with a tinge of sadness, everything that performed so well at Cheltenham returned to their form and either fell, pulled up or were just plain rubbish, someone mentioned (Martin) that this was like real life, horses performing well at Cheltenham and crashing at Aintree, so blimey, for the first time the game followed real life :lol: :lol:

But that being said a win on the Hunt with "Arabian Hands" winning a little hurdle at Aintree, so not all bad in the end.

The flat, I picked up two wins too, in lower handicaps so 3 for the week is great.

At the top of the pile, it looks as tho Josh will win the Hunt championship has a 11 winner gap from Jim, so unless something drastic happens, I imagine that's in the bag. The flat a little more exciting going into the last two weeks with Paul on 52 and Steve on 46 and with the last 2 weeks littered with top races and Steve's confession that the Breeders cup is where he as aimed his horses, it could go right down to the wire. Good luck to you both.

Finally well done to the team, a messy old week if we are honest, but not enough volunteers some weeks so things are sent to try us :wink:

(Gonna take a look at this Race running video, see if I can help the last couple of weeks, to ease the pressure a bit on those that already do)

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 am
Group 2 winner

Well that was the week that was as they say. Don't know whether I am upside down or downside upside down after all that. What day is it and who am I :D

Three straight up no drama winners for me plus a winner that ended up second and a second that ended up winning. I think that makes 4 on the week. Actually came out of the reruns pretty equal so can't complain as some fared pretty unfortunately out of it.

Sunset Ride claimed her third win of the season and her fifth in total taking the Horse Racing Abroad handicap for the second year in succession. This is the second week running I have won the same race two seasons in a row with the same horse so am pretty pleased with that.

Tusk also registered his third win of the season in the York Stakes on day 3. He has secured his place in next years team now I think.

On day 2 Profit in Peace managed to scrape home in the original version of his race and still ran with great credit in the rerun to take 2nd on the revised terms. Things equalled out nicely for me though with Kneel and Pray getting up to win after being just touched off in the first running. With 8 other horse placed including some pretty close finishes I have to be more than happy with the progress my flat team have made this season.

Sadly the same cannot be said for my NH team who once again disappointed. Strands of Gold hitting the winners enclosure in the Tim Malony was the only winner this week and only 5 others made the frame. On the plus side Ettrick Mill has finally gone down 5lb but is still too high for a 140 !

Big shout to Doug and Stu for a great call in the GN. Also hats of to Gray for quickly sorting out the potential disasters. Even bigger shout to Sirius for flagging up the flat errors despite it costing him 2 winners. See handicappers really aren't as bad as Estate Agents :roll: Also kudos to Paul for taking it on the chin like a good 'un in a week where he lost a 1-2 in the National and a Group 1 on the flat due to reruns. Does that mean Stu is getting gelded now

And finally ... well done to the Aussies. Doug with a G2 on the hunt and the second man of many names Jango on his 1-2 and a Group win in his first season. Also well done to Jess for sticking it out to the end and not giving up weeks ago. Great to see you win even though it was mine you beat into second :D

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

couple of winners this week including the 4yo sensation Laylines had a real old tussle with thunders toon pirate going on to win by 3/4l to land his treble i might bring him back next season

congrats to the Aussie brigade especially doug on your G2 well deserved

as for the title ive got no chance that went in week 1 when i couldnt upload if you'd have said i would have 42 winners at this stage i would've called you a fool so absolutely delighted with this season and just glad to be part of it.

congrats all runners

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
couple of winners this week including the 4yo sensation Laylines had a real old tussle with thunders toon pirate going on to win by 3/4l to land his treble i might bring him back next season

congrats to the Aussie brigade especially doug on your G2 well deserved

as for the title ive got no chance that went in week 1 when i couldnt upload if you'd have said i would have 42 winners at this stage i would've called you a fool so absolutely delighted with this season and just glad to be part of it.

congrats all runners

Nothing in it all to play for and id make you odds on fav

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

SiriusChill wrote:
Hard luck galore on this end this week. First after the snafu with the ratings and the rerun races I sat down to do the ratings annnnd bam! the anti-virus quarantines my racekit again with a false positive. grrrrrrrr. I fixed that.

My results? One winner and a handful of placings on the flat. I had three winners before the rerun but lost two of them after. Fair play but still hard to swallow. Even harder to swallow - the first run of the Grand National I managed to get 5th. I was very pleased. Then a few days later I saw the actual result - my horse fell on the second jump. no no no this is not happening. :x :x :x :x Moving on :? I got a bunch more placings with my jumpers but no wins.

Congrats to first time winner Jess. Also I'd like to point out that Trainer J French has had numerous hard luck seconds. If any trainer deserves more wins it's Mr French. Good luck pal surely the luck will change.

Hahaha thanks for noticing sirius .......twice this week id thought id got up late only to be confirmed second on the replay ....doesnt make for a pleasant bus journey to work !!!!! rather be placing then falling out the back of the TV though so not all bad news.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:48 pm
Group 1 winner

After a bit of a downer in the league this week

Senor Stu loosing a race - Coffee De London failing to defend the national - lack of opportunities in wk13
having to come to the heartbreaking decision to geld stu :( :( :(

i found something to really cheer me up a gamebred that produces 95% potential bars

every cloud :lol:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

one with better all round bars

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Tulsa looks the goods.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 am
Group 3 winner

Looks nice!
At least you might have a chance against me now next season. :lol: :wink:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:32 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Only problem is she was a cast off and she didn't go to the flat barn or transferred to another game - only saved in the ck.
Is there anyway to extract her from there and put her back into a jumps game breeding barn?

Doug,

It is in my view unlikely she is a magic one off jumper, from my experience in jump breeding as I tried to show in my season opening stable notes, the same horses are responsible for many of my best jump horses, so chances are whatever she had came from the sire or mare she was breed from. If you do not have a copy of her, see if you have the parents and repeat the breed. For all the work I have done to make the bars better for my jumpers I keep getting my best offspring not from bars but from lineage with jump pedigree. Best I can think of to maybe unlock more of that potential in future breeds.

Josh

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 120  Next