View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
Don't know what the answer is but there is definitely a bias swing to the very top end. This can be shown and confirmed by looking at Pauls Division splits.

US - 181 Wins
UP - 65
ES - 36
WS - 21
WL - 3

Whilst those figures should obviously show a descent the gaps between the top 2 and the bottom 2 shouldn't be so big. The top division has more than double the wins of the next tier and more than all the other leagues combined.

If you throw Steve and Jango into the mix who aren't in the DCC there is another 35 wins to the top bracket. Therefore the top 7 trainers are taking around 65% of all the wins whereas all the other trainers in the league are getting just 35% between all of them.

Don't know what the answer is but mathematics don't lie so please lets not have any more comments about even spreads. The middle seems ok to me but the top is too far ahead and the bottom is too far below. I understand the bottom may be compromised by the fact that some of the participants are not entering huge numbers but the fact is that if they had more chances to win they might be more encouraged to see the season out.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I do take your point stu, having been in both camps, but it is an impossibly hard balance to strike, go too far and the dcc will be contested by you, Martin, Doug and Alex, don’t go far enough and we have this.

The easiest approach and no I am not volunteering for the work, would be to split the schedule exactly in half between group and listed and handicaps. Done with enough notice and all trainers can pick a team made up with horses from both camps, as an all group team would be a poor choice with this.

Even then I still expected there would be moaning :)

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:14 pm
Group 3 winner

Martin it's ok showing winners but u got to show winners to runners. Let's show the whole picture and not pick and choose what numbers u use. I certainly think from week 8 when all the horses will have a proper h'cap mark that it should be 50-50 between 110+ races and 90 and below. The top 10 trainers shouldn't have many if any horses in the below 90 ratings.

Last edited by ghosty on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:20 pm
Group 2 winner

ghosty wrote:
Martin it's ok showing winners but u got to show winners to runners. Let's show the whole picture and not pick and choose what numbers u use.

It will pan out even worse John but I for one am not going to waste my time adding it all up. :lol:

But quickly looking, and only ballpark figures in my head here, your strike rate on flat as a top leaguer is 50%, Jim 18% Paul 14% Josh 12% . Moliets in the second tier is 7% I am 2.5 % and Gray is only 2%

Last edited by Lordedaw on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
ghosty wrote:
Martin it's ok showing winners but u got to show winners to runners. Let's show the whole picture and not pick and choose what numbers u use.

It will pan out even worse John but I for one am not going to waste my time adding it all up. :lol:

But quickly looking, your strike rate on flat as a top leaguer is 50%. Moliets in the second tier is 7%

Very misleading becuase I have so few runners, my horses will only ever run in the right races for them, im not after trainer titles or to win as many as possible. Take for instance my Zartax who stays 1m3 but is only 50-50 over 1m4 and so he won't be going to run on the dirt and even though it's on his surface dirt he won't be running in it, there's other races later on for him.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:33 pm
Group 2 winner

Okay, here is the science bit as Jennifer Aniston would say. Then I'll shut up.

Projections and targets is what this is all about. Bear with me and I will try to make it as simple as possible.

Here are the wins (runs will be worse trust me). Lets call them leagues 1-5 for simplicity sake.

L1 - 181 Wins
L2 - 65
L3 - 36
L4 - 21
L5 - 3

Now, when trying to set a realistic target or even spread you want each league to be 10-20% higher than the sum of the two below.

Therefore L3 should have 10-20% more than 24 wins (L4 21 + L5 3 =24). So that's between 27 and 29 (rounded up) so at 36 it is only slightly too high.

Using the same equation L1 should have between 111 - 121 so at 181 it is ridiculously high.

However, L2 should be between 63 and 69 … which it is.

Therefore this would be the result of analysis:

L1 is over performing / taking more than its share
L2 is on target
L3 is slightly under perfoming due to L1's over performance / higher opportunity
L4 is the base calculator but using a minus calculation on the league above can be classed as slightly underperforming, again due to the distribution of opportunity being top heavy.
L5 is grossly underperforming but there are too many variables to make this a viable statistic.

The conclusion and advice would be to move some opportunity from L1 to L3 and then re-evaluate the figures on a regular basis.

I normally get £450 a day for that but you can have this one on me ! :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

peter .h wrote:
Always a thrill to send out a winner. I've given Namecheck Hotel a couple trips to see where he's best and it would seem he needs every yard of 4, 1f. All the same I wouldn't mind seeing him take on the cross country at Cheltenham over 2f shorter.

I've been sending out also rans since the SO3 days, which must be getting on ten years ago now. I've probably sent out about a dozen or so winners in that time, so to say the novelty is still very much alive would be an understatement! I don't do the farming technique mastered by some on here as i prefer to just play the game and export anything that does well in game, so the possibility of having a potential National horse is just so very exciting. I've only had 2 horses win more than one race in a season, but this one is easily the best I've ever had. It's what the league is all about.

Good luck with your GN horse.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm
Group 1 winner

0-110 is definitely a no go zone for me as well as 0-100.
I expect the 0-100 zone to get weaker around week 8 or 9.

The flat schedule is fairly balanced at the moment. Week 6 will always be a big week for the top trainers - just how it is.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I do take your point stu, having been in both camps, but it is an impossibly hard balance to strike, go too far and the dcc will be contested by you, Martin, Doug and Alex, don’t go far enough and we have this.

The easiest approach and no I am not volunteering for the work, would be to split the schedule exactly in half between group and listed and handicaps. Done with enough notice and all trainers can pick a team made up with horses from both camps, as an all group team would be a poor choice with this.

Even then I still expected there would be moaning :)

I suggested this formate the other day to Gray. We could cut everything from 0-90 and under. Form two leagues with all the 0-100 up to G1 races - a mirror schedule. League 1 for all trainers who work the ttf files etc. League 2 for the casual player who plays a stock game like myself or something close to it.
Both leagues are not in competition with each other. If any new players want to compete in League 1, we give them the info they need to do it. Hopefully with the two leagues there will be no more than 38 flat races each week so there is no extra burdon on the volunteers. Race runners who compete in League 2 do all the races for League 1 and League 1 race runners run the races for League 2 - so that eliminates any suspision that race runners 'might' be looking after themselves - either by rerunning races for a positive result or restarting races so their horse/s get favourable draws.
That way everyone gets a chance to win a Group 1 race.

I don't think we need to do this for the hunt.

Only issue would be if we can run both leagues from/through TOM.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Group 1 winner

OK, being I am a sad sod........

Winners of 0-100's in past 5 weeks

16 races -

TOP TRAINERS 50% won
John x 2
Jim x 2
Josh x 1
Paul x 1
Steve x 1
Thunder x 1

MID TRAINERS 19% won
Vinny x 2
Hans x 1

OTHER TRAINERS 31%

0-90's 22 Races

7 Wins 32%

MID
9 wins 41%

Other
6 wins 27%

Not sure what all this points out, but we all love a stat or two :wink: not even sure now its in favor of my point hahahaha :lol:

What I will point out, that of the total races used the top tier have not been represented in every race as above, that seemed like too much work to do, when the football is on, so again prob does not give a true reflection as if we do strike rates the percentages will rise considerably especially in the 0-90 class. (where supposedly the top tier keep telling us they don't run in) :wink:

Last edited by Anadin on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 pm
Group 1 winner

I've only had 2 stu , ghost bay and cove blue.

Why not put the 110 rated races down to 100 and that would be 34 races and turn the listed races into races for 0-110 rated horses , so if u rated over 110 u have to run in group races .

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:20 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:

Why not put the 110 rated races down to 100 and that would be 34 races and turn the listed races into races for 0-110 rated horses , so if u rated over 110 u have to run in group races .

Sorry John, quite right, it should of been Paul x 1 (I have adjusted)

In answer to the other point, bin the maidens and make them 0-90's :D

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:27 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:

This was bantered about before Season 7. It was originally Martin's idea and I tried running with it but there were no takers.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

This was bantered about before Season 7. It was originally Martin's idea and I tried running with it but there were no takers.

I think we need to look at it now because in 6 months or so SO7 will be out and I think we need to get it right now so we can take it forward into the next game. Who knows who's going to be top trainers in the new game ( it could all change ) and so these things need to be sorted out now so if things change then they can be tested in the last season of the game .

Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:50 pm
Group 2 winner

I am now at a a stage where I am disallusioned with the league. Trainers in general feel they are all hard done by no matter where they are in the pecking order. When I see someone complaining about something I can't resist answering and all it does is raise my blood pressure and adversely affect my mental health so I have decided to stay away from the forum and the league for the forseeable future. I may come back for SO7 maybe not.

Sorry Gray, you will have to find another racerunner.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 120  Next